dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview September 2017

943 posts in this topic

On 8/2/2017 at 10:57 AM, JBMG said:

Wow. So beautiful to see so many of you wishing us good luck today. Thank you so much because it worked. :-) they only asked 

"Are you the petitioner" Yes

"Are you living together in France" yes. His response, ok wow. 

"Where will you live in.the US.

Answered

"What is your financial situation"

Explained. 

He then said to use assets the requirement is much more when you don't have a job. 

So I asked, maybe it's 5 times more, he said, I don't know but there is a calculation, I will do it later. If all is well, the passport will arrive in 10 days. 

Then we said, we have a joint sponsor if needed, julien clarified that yeah, we have her paperwork. 

So then he took it, said. "That's great, no need to calculate now. All is good. Having problems with the computers so you should receive your passport with the visa in 10 business days. Enjoy moving back to the US. :-) 

So yay, we're finished!!! Thank you everyone for all of your support. Heading home tonight, will be back online tomorrow to give a better review. Thanks again everyone for your well wishes. Really made me smile. 

Have a nice day. 

Ps, call the NVC to get your interview dates. Hehehe

JBMG (Julien / Michael) I'm the mg. :-)

Awesome! Great news!!!! Congratulations and best wishes for a new start! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
Il y a 7 heures, green line2017 a déclaré:

Bonne chance à tous ceux qui ont une entrevue cette semaine :jest:

Thank you very much!

I Will do my interview tomorrow morning!

Pray for me please!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

@JBMG CONGRADS!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you. Thank you again for all you have done for this group . I wish you nothing but the best of all.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 8/4/2017 at 11:19 PM, cadtousa said:

Hello all,

I would like to inform you all that today I had my Interview in the morning at 9:30 AM.

And I got my Visa approved. :)

I will post my full review in few hours. 

Thank you all the VJers for your good wishes and your help throughout the process.

@JBMG and @chamma Thank you for your support :)

Also @vintash who helped when I was stuck at NVC stage.

And many more if I mention everyone then it will be whole page :) So keeping it short.

That's great news!! Many congratulations.. I have been away for a while now, so catching up with posts.. :) 

Happy that you are through!

USCIS
08/15/2016: I-130 sent to USCIS
08/18/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Nebraska Service Center
02/17/2017: NOA2, I-130 approved 

02/24/2017: Notification received on App (I130 Approved)
02/26/2017: Approved I-130 sent to NVC

02/28/2017: (NOA2) Notification received via snail mail.

NVC
03/06/2017: Case number assigned
03/11/2017: Received email with case number and invoice number
03/11/2017: DS 261 Completed

03/11/2017: AOS fees paid

03/17/2017:IV Fees Paid

03/23/2017: DS 260 Submitted

03/23/2017: AOS & IV Package sent

03/27/2017: Scan date

05/30/2017: Case Complete

06/02/2017: Received Interview date over Phone(scheduled to Jul 17th)

06/03/2017: Received P4 letter over email confirming the Interview date

06/08/2017: Medical done

07/16/2017: Biometrics scheduled

07/17/2017: Interview in Mumbai

07/17/2017: Visa Approved

07/19/2017: Passport received at VAC, Intimation received.

07/20/2017: Passport in Hand

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 8/6/2017 at 6:00 AM, abfar said:

I POE'd via JFK on Aug 1st.

It was a smooth entry as the immigration officer just opened my sealed envelop and asked me if I was carrying more than $10,000

Then I was taken to a room where a few officers were sitting on computers checking everybody's visas/passports.

In my case the officer was mentioning certain code numbers to another officer like '363 is clear, 464 is clear (numbers made up)' and in the end they called me up, stamped my passport and said I could go. I just picked up my checked bags from the outside and left the airport building to be welcomed by my wife and baby. <3

The carry-ons were checked thoroughly at two airports where we stopped before JFK so I believe thats why it wasn't checked again at NYC.

The ~24 hrs flights were terrible though. If anyone else is flying yet, I'd recommend stopping a day or two in some city in the middle to reduce the pain. Its not fun flying it in one go.

I interacted with 5 immigration officers at JFK. 2 were kind of rude. 2 were friendly and one was neutral. In general I found JFK officers to be rude compared to the other airports on the way.

I applied for my Social Security card in NYC a few days after POE and had paid my Green Card fee before the flight. The green card status still shows as 'in process' so I believe it'll be a few days. 

I love how organised the traffic and systems in general are in the US. The Social Security Cards office was organized well. I was able to fill up the form in a few minutes and after a few minutes of waiting, I was called to a window. The officer checked my passport/visa, took the form and gave me a receipt saying I'll receive my Social Security card within 7-10 days.

I've yet to pick up an apartment to move to.

Many congratulations!! :) 

I am just a day away from my POE. :D 

USCIS
08/15/2016: I-130 sent to USCIS
08/18/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Nebraska Service Center
02/17/2017: NOA2, I-130 approved 

02/24/2017: Notification received on App (I130 Approved)
02/26/2017: Approved I-130 sent to NVC

02/28/2017: (NOA2) Notification received via snail mail.

NVC
03/06/2017: Case number assigned
03/11/2017: Received email with case number and invoice number
03/11/2017: DS 261 Completed

03/11/2017: AOS fees paid

03/17/2017:IV Fees Paid

03/23/2017: DS 260 Submitted

03/23/2017: AOS & IV Package sent

03/27/2017: Scan date

05/30/2017: Case Complete

06/02/2017: Received Interview date over Phone(scheduled to Jul 17th)

06/03/2017: Received P4 letter over email confirming the Interview date

06/08/2017: Medical done

07/16/2017: Biometrics scheduled

07/17/2017: Interview in Mumbai

07/17/2017: Visa Approved

07/19/2017: Passport received at VAC, Intimation received.

07/20/2017: Passport in Hand

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bolivia
Timeline
On 8/4/2017 at 1:49 PM, cadtousa said:

Hello all,

I would like to inform you all that today I had my Interview in the morning at 9:30 AM.

And I got my Visa approved. :)

I will post my full review in few hours. 

Thank you all the VJers for your good wishes and your help throughout the process.

@JBMG and @chamma Thank you for your support :)

Also @vintash who helped when I was stuck at NVC stage.

And many more if I mention everyone then it will be whole page :) So keeping it short.

congratulations!!1

Still have not received notification of interview date for Port of SpainTrinidad and Tobago. CC date July 13, 2017. Have made several calls to NVC, standard response...Embassy as not given dates. Sent email to Embassy inquiring about interview dates. Email response was to contact "AskNVC". The initial response when I was advised CC date via phone was you should receive interview notce in about two weeks. Nothing yet. Any fellow Trinis have info on Septemer interviews in Port of Spain?

4 hours ago, chamma said:

That's great news!! Many congratulations.. I have been away for a while now, so catching up with posts.. :) 

Happy that you are through!

Me too! Had problems with my computer. So there's a lot of catching up to do.

Good luck to all who have interviews coming up and congratulations to all who got their visas approved! 

4 hours ago, daisybright said:

Still have not received notification of interview date for Port of SpainTrinidad and Tobago. CC date July 13, 2017. Have made several calls to NVC, standard response...Embassy as not given dates. Sent email to Embassy inquiring about interview dates. Email response was to contact "AskNVC". The initial response when I was advised CC date via phone was you should receive interview notce in about two weeks. Nothing yet. Any fellow Trinis have info on Septemer interviews in Port of Spain?

you can call the embassy and speak to a sup

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.