Pheebs1201

I-751 August 2017 Filers

2,738 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, alem614 said:

Is looking like a week or so..... I read here in VJ many people are receiving approval on the mail this last week.... I hope all of us get a wonderful surprise in the mail too! 

The other day I found out via someone else's post about the other link where they used the receipt number from the first noa and got the message about their case being sent to the their local office. So, I then tried mine and low and behold mine was sent to my local office too on the 26th of February. I had then read somewhere that a VJ member had their approval letter sent to them but they didn't say how long after seeing the case update. Me and my wife have our fingers crossed. 

On 3/7/2018 at 9:17 AM, Frips said:

Btw....creating an account on https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov you can see a little bit more history for your case. After you login, go to "My Account" - "Add a paper filed case"

Very useful tip, thanks! :) 

I just created an account and ran both my NOA numbers. This is what I got for my first NOA:

August 10, 2017

We received your case and waived the filing fee

Read the notice we mailed you for more information about how we will process your case

We will begin processing your case and will review it to make sure you have submitted all of the required information and documents. We will let you know if we need anything else from you.

If you do not receive your notice by September 09, 2017, send us a case inquiry and select that you did not receive your notice by mail.

If your mailing address changes, update your address with us.

What does it mean they waived the filing fee? I most certainly haven't received my cashier's check back... Haha! Does anyone else have a similar situation?

My second NOA says that my case has been transferred to my local office. Twice. First on February 24th and then on February 27th.

February 27, 2018

We received your case

You do not need to do anything at this time

We will begin processing your case and will review it to make sure you have submitted all of the required information and documents. We will let you know if we need anything else from you.

If you do not receive your notice by March 29, 2018, send us a case inquiry and select that you did not receive your notice by mail.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hey everyone,

Here is an update on our case. I received my green card without any status change online or any approval letter after working with a lawyer. I did my biometrics on 02/01/18. :wub: 

ROC Packet sent: 08/17/17

NOA1: 08/21/17

Biometrics: 02/01/18

Green card received: 03/15/18

N-400 sent (online): 06/19/19

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Hamzah and Amna said:

Hey everyone,

Here is an update on our case. I received my green card without any status change online or any approval letter after working with a lawyer. I did my biometrics on 02/01/18. :wub: 

How much did it cost to work with a lawyer? Wanting to go this route.

I-129F Sent : 2014-07-31

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-08-09

I-129F RFE(s) : 2014-10-8

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-10-28

Interview: 2014-12-23 Approved!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, 7107 said:

How much did it cost to work with a lawyer? Wanting to go this route.

What happened with us was we didn't hire the lawyer initially when we filled for i751. We had an interview within 4 months of filling and after the interview, we hired a lawyer and we paid $2500.

17 minutes ago, Hamzah and Amna said:

What happened with us was we didn't hire the lawyer initially when we filled for i751. We had an interview within 4 months of filling and after the interview, we hired a lawyer and we paid $2500.

@Hamzah and Amna Why did you have an interview ? was it a random selection ? Or was this because there wasn't enough documentation submitted along with the initial application ? What did they ask you during the interview ?

23 minutes ago, Hamzah and Amna said:

Lucky you guys :)

Got interview within 4 months? Nice.

CSC filer? or VSC?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
42 minutes ago, Hamzah and Amna said:

So what was the lawyer able to do that we are not able to do for $2.5k? File a lawsuit?

I'm happy you got the green card, but I don't see what a lawyer can do in this case exactly...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Lawyer didn’t do anything. This was a  basically a lottery winner. ☺️

ROC Timeline

Service Center: Vermont

90 Day Window Opened....08/08/17

I-751 Packet Sent..............08/14/17

NO1 Dated.........................

NO1 Received....................

Check Cashed....................

Biometrics Received..........

Biometrics Appointment.....

Approved...........................

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

I-130 NOA1: 22 Dec 2014
I-130 NOA2: 25 Jan 2015
NVC Received: 06 Feb 2015
Pay AOS Bill: 07 Mar 2015
Pay IV Bill : 20 Mar 2015
Send IV/AOS Package: 23 Mar 2015
Submit DS-261: 26 Mar 2015
Case Completed at NVC: 24 Apr 2015
Interview Date: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Approved: 22 Sep 2015
Visa Received: 03 Oct 2015 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline
1 hour ago, Hamzah and Amna said:

Hey everyone,

Awesome, congratulations! Thank you for posting an update. Be sure to fill out the timeline for August filers- you guys are the first; congrats again!

Edited by Luckycuds

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Timeline

Well I don't want to go in to the details about the interview but it was not very good and we were a little nervous about it. We submitted all the required documents didn't get any RFE or biometrics. It was a  little surprising getting an interview before the biometrics. We hired him because we didn't want to take any chance since we hired the same lawyer for K1 visa. Our filling location was CSC but it was transferred to Vermont in the beginning of January right after our interview.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Hamzah and Amna said:

Well I don't want to go in to the details about the interview but it was not very good and we were a little nervous about it. We submitted all the required documents didn't get any RFE or biometrics. It was a  little surprising getting an interview before the biometrics. We hired him because we didn't want to take any chance since we hired the same lawyer for K1 visa. Our filling location was CSC but it was transferred to Vermont in the beginning of January right after our interview.

Mubarak ! Congratulations !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.