Pheebs1201

I-751 August 2017 Filers

2,738 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Lyn P. said:

I got the NOA1 on 8/1/2017. Called USCIS on 9/21, and got another email on 10/4 below:

We are unfortunately experiencing a longer processing period than what is reflected on your Form I-751 Receipt Notice. Please know that your name has been electronically added to the appointment scheduler. You will receive an ASC appointment notice, by mail, once an appointment date has been established for you. 

I still don't know what to do next. At least I know I'm not the only person and you guys are not the only people on the same boat. I'll try to get more updates and will let you know.

I received my NOA on 7/28, submitted online service request and received pretty much same email as you. I decided to call USCIS about 2-3 weeks ago and spoke a tier 2 person. She put a request on my behalf and told me I should receive a letter in 15 days. 

Couple days ago, I did receive a letter saying I don’t need biometrics this time. I also got the receipt number to track my case online. I highly recommend calling USCIS. Good luck! :) 

I called again, as last time USCIS said I would receive a letter about the biometrics appt. No letter, and tier 2 was "not accepting incoming calls". They would call back within 3-5 business days (at any time of the day..) if I had not already asked for a call back within 30 days. They did not answer the question on their previous callback. I still don't know if it's that we won't have another biometrics appointment, that we haven't been assigned one yet, or that we missed one. I also want the next receipt number. I have called enough times now and am past the date USCIS set that I am thinking about asking my senator to check in. Maybe he will at least get a relevant reply?

So, guys, finally after 3 months of waiting for bio appt, me and my son got two letters today, that USCIS will reuse our previous pictures and fingerprints. They waived them, even it's been more than two yrs since we had ones.  So relieved now:)

@cantofla did you get anything yet?

Edited by Inna&Chris

ROC -"CSC"

Package sent: 07/31/17

Tonight I called again and I got through to a level 2 person, who said to wait 4 weeks before calling again to put in a service request. She DID give me a new receipt number, which says exactly the same thing my other one did.

Edited by Daisy.Chain
Accidental repeat

Every tier 1 AND tier 2 person I've talked to have said that they absolutely do NOT waive biometrics for ROC. Tonight I got an almost eloquent rep, saying that they "never have and never will". 

:no:

3 hours ago, Daisy.Chain said:

Every tier 1 AND tier 2 person I've talked to have said that they absolutely do NOT waive biometrics for ROC. Tonight I got an almost eloquent rep, saying that they "never have and never will". 

:no:

Lol... The one I got said they might waive them, but he wasn't sure :) Anyway I still haven't received anything...

19 May 2014: Met

25 Sept 2014: Got Engaged

K1 and AOS:

Spoiler

K-1 Visa:                                                                      AOS:

24 Oct 2014: Mailed I-129f                                                                                                  25 Feb 2015: Mailed AOS package

29 Oct 2014: NOA1                                                                                                                    04 March 2015: Received NOA for AOS/EAD/AP

31 Oct 2014: Alien Registration Number Changed                                                  10 March 2015: AOS/EAD NOA Hardcopy

05 Nov 2014: NOA1 Hard Copy                                                                               19 March 2015: RFE

10 Nov 2014: NOA2                                                                                                 23 March 2015: Biometrics

17 Nov 2014: NOA2 Hard Copy                                                                                24 March 2015: Received RFE letter

24-25 Nov 2014: NVC Received and Case Number Assigned                                     6 April 2015: AP NOA Hardcopy

28 Nov 2014: NVC Left                                                                                            15 May 2015: Mailed RFE response

01 Dec 2014: Consulate received                                                                              19 May 2015: RFE Response Received

08 Dec 2014: Packet 3 Received                                                                                             27 May 2015: EAD/AP Approved

05 Jan 2015: Medical exam                                                                                      03 June 2015: EAD/AP Approval Hardcopy

08 Jan 2015: Interview APPROVED!                                                                         04 June 2015: EAD/AP Combo card in hands

13 Jan 2015: Visa in hands                                                                                        27 June 2015; NPIW letter

26 Jan 2015: PoE (Minneapolis)                                                                                20 Aug 2015: AOS APPROVED! 

18 Feb 2015: Marriage                                                                                              24 Aug 2015: Welcome Notice received

29 Aug 2015: Green card mailed

02 Sep 2015: Green card in hands

ROC:

28 July 2017: Mailed ROC package

31 July 2017: NOA1

~ Many months of nothing ~

12 April 2018: Biometrics waived

29 October 2018 ROC APPROVED! :)

8 hours ago, avrora9002 said:

Lol... The one I got said they might waive them, but he wasn't sure :) Anyway I still haven't received anything...

Been told the same on the phone, but when we went to infopass for a stamp, officer said there is always a chance to get waiver if you wait longer than expected. So she was right and me and my son got waivers as I mentioned in my post earlier.In my opinion the reason they give a waiver (even though it passed 15 months since previous ones) cuz centers are busy and I guess it's easier for them to handle. 

ROC -"CSC"

Package sent: 07/31/17

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

So does anyone want to make a guess at how long this is going to take? I was just thinking about our AOS and how I felt so lucky to get it so fast. I realize that this wasn't everyone's experience. When we applied for AOS, it was easy to forget that it was processing as we got his EAD halfway through and there was so much to do getting him a job and still settling into married life. I also remember reading the interview waiver forum on here and all the people who had been waiting a year or more for their AOS. We ended up getting our green card in 7 months and oh what a relief it was. I never connected that being on the tail end of that backlog would mean we'd most likely be getting in the middle of the ROC backlog. And who knows, maybe we will get lucky again and things will start rolling for ROC too. I just keep reminding myself that the wait this time counts towards his citizenship clock. So I guess every day something good happens on his immigration journey even if his ROC application is just gathering dust in an office in California.

K-1 from Haiti - NOA1: 5/27/2014; NOA2: 7/8 USCIS never updated to say that it was sent to the NVC (just in case you're as concerned about your status not updating as I was about mine)
NVC Case Number Received: 7/31; Left NVC: 8/1 - tracked via DHL website; CEAC Status - Ready: 8/7; Packet 3 Received: 9/5 - Beneficiary received packet / Medical Completed: 9/19;
DS-160 Submitted: 9/22 - (CEAC date updated); Packet 3 Submitted: 9/26; Packet 4 Received: 10/24; Interview Date: 11/6 @ 7 am Interview Result: Approved!
CEAC Status Issued: 11/10; USTraveldocs.com finally acknowledged Fiance's passport actually in their system: 11/20; Passport Received: 11/21;

POE: 11/23/2014; Wedding: 2/14/2015

AOS/EAD/AP Filed: 2/21/2015;

USCIS EAD & AP received: 2/25; USCIS AOS received: 2/27; Received NOA1s in mail: 3/5; Biometrics: 3/26; EAD/AP Card in Production: 5/11; EAD/AP Card Mailed: 5/1; EAD/AP Card Received 5/19; NPIW Letter dated: 6/11/15; Green card Approved: 10/1/15;

Green card Received: 10/7/15

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
2 hours ago, JR loves JR said:

So does anyone want to make a guess at how long this is going to take? I was just thinking about our AOS and how I felt so lucky to get it so fast. I realize that this wasn't everyone's experience. When we applied for AOS, it was easy to forget that it was processing as we got his EAD halfway through and there was so much to do getting him a job and still settling into married life. I also remember reading the interview waiver forum on here and all the people who had been waiting a year or more for their AOS. We ended up getting our green card in 7 months and oh what a relief it was. I never connected that being on the tail end of that backlog would mean we'd most likely be getting in the middle of the ROC backlog. And who knows, maybe we will get lucky again and things will start rolling for ROC too. I just keep reminding myself that the wait this time counts towards his citizenship clock. So I guess every day something good happens on his immigration journey even if his ROC application is just gathering dust in an office in California.

Yeah, the AOS experience for my wife was very similar to yours. It took just under 6 months for her, and we felt very lucky. Looking like our luck ended there though. And yeah, just grateful that this time counts towards citizenship eligibility. 

The way USCIS seems to be operating these days, I have a hunch we'll be able to submit N-400s before getting ROC approved.

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

2 hours ago, usmsbow said:

Yeah, the AOS experience for my wife was very similar to yours. It took just under 6 months for her, and we felt very lucky. Looking like our luck ended there though. And yeah, just grateful that this time counts towards citizenship eligibility. 

The way USCIS seems to be operating these days, I have a hunch we'll be able to submit N-400s before getting ROC approved.

I feel the same way.

16 hours ago, Inna&Chris said:

Been told the same on the phone, but when we went to infopass for a stamp, officer said there is always a chance to get waiver if you wait longer than expected. So she was right and me and my son got waivers as I mentioned in my post earlier.In my opinion the reason they give a waiver (even though it passed 15 months since previous ones) cuz centers are busy and I guess it's easier for them to handle. 

You got a stamp? I thought you could only get a stamp if your extension letter was about to expire. My husband filed in August. Does he need a stamp too?

Edited by Daisy.Chain
G

Does anyone know when I can get an explanation of the extension letter on the USCIS website. I have a potential employer asking about my 10 year Green Card and obviously its not coming anytime soon.

February 14th 2015 - Wedding Day 

AOS Timeline

Apr 13th 2015 - Sent AOS package (Day 1)

Apr 17th 2015 - AOS email confirmation (Day 5)
Apr 17th 2015 - AOS email confirmation (Day 5)

May 2nd 2015 - Biometrics letter received (Day 20)

May 14th 2015 - Biometrics appointment (Day 32)
Jul 11th 2015 -
EAD/AP was in production (Day 90)

Jul 29th 2015 - EAD/AP was being mailed (Day 108)
Jul 31st 2015 - EAD/AP was received (Day 110)

Sep 25th 2015 - Green Card APPROVED!!! (Day 166)

Sep 28th 2015 - Green Card welcome letter received (Day 169)
Oct 1st 2015 - Green Card Received (Day 172)

*No RFE's*

I-751 Timeline

Aug 12th 2017 - Sent I-751 package (Day 1)

Aug 14th 2017 - I-751 Package delivered to USCIS (Day 3)

Aug 17th 2017 - USCIS cashed check (Day 5)

Aug 19th 2017 - NOA letter received (Day 7) 

Sep 11th 2017 - Biometrics letter received (Day 30)

Sep 22nd 2017 - Biometrics Appointment (Day 42)

Mar 5th 2018 - Case was received at my local office (Day 206)

Nov 28th 2018 - Request for initial evidence was mailed to me (Day 473)

Dec 17th 2018 - Evidence was received by USCIS (Day 492)

Naturalization Timeline

Dec 17th 2018 - Sent N-400 package online (Day 1)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
1 hour ago, ilovethebeach310 said:

Does anyone know when I can get an explanation of the extension letter on the USCIS website. I have a potential employer asking about my 10 year Green Card and obviously its not coming anytime soon.

I think the letter is the explanation. I gave my employer a copy of it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
3 hours ago, ilovethebeach310 said:

Well below is a reference in the USCIS I-9 manual for employers to the extension letter:

The combination of an expired Permanent Resident Card and a Form I-797, Notice of Action, that indicates that the card is valid for an additional year, is an acceptable List C evidence of employment authorization for one year as indicated on Form I-797. At the end of the one-year period, you must reverify. 

That is on page 20 of the manual, which is here: 

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Verification/E-Verify/E-Verify_Native_Documents/E-Verify Manuals and Guides/M-274-Handbook-for-Employers.pdf

Not sure if that is what you're looking for, but that should satisfy any potential employer about your legal status. 

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.