Pheebs1201

I-751 August 2017 Filers

2,738 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
On 4/9/2019 at 11:18 PM, Arron said:

Hi, I am in the same boat as you, I live in southern California and office here do not take walk-ins.  I called to get a stamp on the passport (about three weeks ago)  but unfortunately, they can not schedule an appointment because it was two months before 18month expiration date. I will call in next week and schedule an appointment.

I got some news and my congressman's office cannot even make an appointment. As I was driving to the USCIS field office to attempt a walk-in, I received an email from them telling me that their congressional liaison called the field office's director (Salt Lake City, Utah) and he told the liaison that the office is understaffed. My person of contact with the congressman's office is also dumbfounded that they don't hire more employees. She also thought there is a waiting list you can be put on at the field office. When I got there, they said they don't consider an expiring driver's license an emergency. The guard told me I can always take a taxi to work. I was thinking "Right, then USCIS will foot the bill?". He also told me the best time to check the info pass appointment website is between 4am and 7am. I don't know if it's the pregnancy hormones , but I started bawling and left. Anyway, there isn't any waiting list at the office for appointments. I ended up calling the USCIS contact center as suggested here and by one of my friends. I'm on a waiting list for appointments and they should call me within 72 hours. I'm so scared to miss the call! 

I don't understand why USCIS doesn't advertise their contact center more because in the end they're the ones doing all the work!

Also, I'm going to be without a driver's license for a couple of weeks until the appointment. Fun!

Thanks for the support, everyone and sorry for the rant.

On 4/12/2019 at 10:35 AM, annem said:

I got some news and my congressman's office cannot even make an appointment. As I was driving to the USCIS field office to attempt a walk-in, I received an email from them telling me that their congressional liaison called the field office's director (Salt Lake City, Utah) and he told the liaison that the office is understaffed. My person of contact with the congressman's office is also dumbfounded that they don't hire more employees. She also thought there is a waiting list you can be put on at the field office. When I got there, they said they don't consider an expiring driver's license an emergency. The guard told me I can always take a taxi to work. I was thinking "Right, then USCIS will foot the bill?". He also told me the best time to check the info pass appointment website is between 4am and 7am. I don't know if it's the pregnancy hormones , but I started bawling and left. Anyway, there isn't any waiting list at the office for appointments. I ended up calling the USCIS contact center as suggested here and by one of my friends. I'm on a waiting list for appointments and they should call me within 72 hours. I'm so scared to miss the call! 

I don't understand why USCIS doesn't advertise their contact center more because in the end they're the ones doing all the work!

Also, I'm going to be without a driver's license for a couple of weeks until the appointment. Fun!

Thanks for the support, everyone and sorry for the rant.

Wait, now the security guard is making decisions on what constitutes an emergency? 🙄

It would be so much easier if we could schedule appointments online.

Timeline
1 hour ago, DrGecko said:

Wait, now the security guard is making decisions on what constitutes an emergency? 🙄

It would be so much easier if we could schedule appointments online.

I know, right! This is ridiculous.

Also, I got the call about my Info Pass appointment this morning and they said that unfortunately, the Salt Lake City Office doesn't take part in the pilot program to get appointments through the phone, so I'm back to square one without an appointment. The agent on the phone suggested I go to the DMV and ask them to verify my status through the SAVE program. I was reading online that not all DMVs participate in the SAVE program, so want to bet they don't in Utah?! With all my luck, it would make sense.

1 hour ago, annem said:

I know, right! This is ridiculous.

Also, I got the call about my Info Pass appointment this morning and they said that unfortunately, the Salt Lake City Office doesn't take part in the pilot program to get appointments through the phone, so I'm back to square one without an appointment. The agent on the phone suggested I go to the DMV and ask them to verify my status through the SAVE program. I was reading online that not all DMVs participate in the SAVE program, so want to bet they don't in Utah?! With all my luck, it would make sense.

So the office in SLC will schedule appointments neither online nor over the phone? What are you supposed to do? What if you wanted to change jobs or travel abroad?

This whole process is exhausting. I know they are doing us a favor, but I wish the rules didn't change all the time like this.

Timeline
43 minutes ago, DrGecko said:

So the office in SLC will schedule appointments neither online nor over the phone? What are you supposed to do? What if you wanted to change jobs or travel abroad?

This whole process is exhausting. I know they are doing us a favor, but I wish the rules didn't change all the time like this.

They're not doing me a favor. I don't see it that way. Not when we pay fees to get our cases processed and they're not!

According to them, it's possible to find an appointment on their website in the middle of the night. I've tried, but no luck...

2 hours ago, annem said:

They're not doing me a favor. I don't see it that way. Not when we pay fees to get our cases processed and they're not!

According to them, it's possible to find an appointment on their website in the middle of the night. I've tried, but no luck...

I know what you mean... These delays don't help anyone. I mean, once they process my case, they never have to deal with me ever again and vice versa! 😁 So why delay and keep me around?

My husband got his I551 stamp so he's good to go for another year. Two days later, we received an RFE. This is our second one for the I751. I'm thinking of including EVERY SINGLE THING since we were married since they've asked for evidence twice now. We're also planning on submitting around 10 affidavits from family and friends since we only did 3 the first time around. What do you all think? We're still doing the usual bank statements, lease, beneficiary info, health/dental information. I don't want to send them duplicate things but I also am not sure what they are expecting to see that they haven't already received. 

Any tips on RFE is appreciated!

Edited by bexiez

Timeline
On 4/15/2019 at 5:21 PM, DrGecko said:

I know what you mean... These delays don't help anyone. I mean, once they process my case, they never have to deal with me ever again and vice versa! 😁 So why delay and keep me around?

Haha, good question! 

I have some good news though, we managed to get an appointment at USCIS! We ended up installing a web tracker app and it rang at 1am on Tuesday to let us know the appointment page was updated. There were a ton of appointments available. I'm still without a driver's license for two weeks, but I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

10 hours ago, annem said:

Haha, good question! 

I have some good news though, we managed to get an appointment at USCIS! We ended up installing a web tracker app and it rang at 1am on Tuesday to let us know the appointment page was updated. There were a ton of appointments available. I'm still without a driver's license for two weeks, but I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

Oh, good! Hopefully this will all be resolved for you soon! 🤞 It's hard having no driver's license for that long.

I have an update too. Since my local office does not schedule appointments anymore, I had to call. Thankfully, this time I got a call back really quick, so I should hopefully get things set next week.

12 hours ago, DrGecko said:

Oh, good! Hopefully this will all be resolved for you soon! 🤞 It's hard having no driver's license for that long.

I have an update too. Since my local office does not schedule appointments anymore, I had to call. Thankfully, this time I got a call back really quick, so I should hopefully get things set next week.

Nice Did you get info pass appointment? 

Edited by Arron

On 4/17/2019 at 9:45 PM, annem said:

Haha, good question! 

Can you share us that web tracker app ? thanks

Timeline
On 4/18/2019 at 9:22 AM, DrGecko said:

Nice. All the best 😉

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.