Pheebs1201

I-751 August 2017 Filers

2,738 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I got an update this morning. Interview was scheduled but it hasn’t been updated in the documents tab so I’ll wait and see if it’s there tomorrow. I am a NYC filer and it states 5 months to completion. 

Applied Aug 11 2017 VSC EAC173150XXXX

Applied N400 Aug 3 2018

Transfer to local office Feb 25, Feb 26, Sept 17

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline
21 hours ago, NYC892015 said:

I got an update this morning. Interview was scheduled but it hasn’t been updated in the documents tab so I’ll wait and see if it’s there tomorrow. I am a NYC filer and it states 5 months to completion. 

Applied Aug 11 2017 VSC EAC173150XXXX

Applied N400 Aug 3 2018

Transfer to local office Feb 25, Feb 26, Sept 17

That’s ROC and N400? 

Be be ready to have the ROC interview first, and together,  which will continue as an individual N400 interview 

we just had that experience on Monday

Hubby ( ROC applied 8-2017 and N400 applies 8-2018)  was ready for N400 as that’s all that was mentioned in N400 letters 

they called us in both, we had ROC interview first and they they continued with him alone. 

Approved both, and his oath ceremony is scheduled for April ! 

Good luck! 

The finish line is visible ;) 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 hours ago, 1stLoveRedo said:

That’s ROC and N400? 

Be be ready to have the ROC interview first, and together,  which will continue as an individual N400 interview 

we just had that experience on Monday

Hubby ( ROC applied 8-2017 and N400 applies 8-2018)  was ready for N400 as that’s all that was mentioned in N400 letters 

they called us in both, we had ROC interview first and they they continued with him alone. 

Approved both, and his oath ceremony is scheduled for April ! 

Good luck! 

The finish line is visible ;) 

Yes, both. Thank you!! The finish line is visible :)

So if you want an I-551 stamp, you need an Infopass appointment. To get that, you can no longer just schedule it online. You have to call and that person will then put you in line for a call from your local office sometime in the "next 2 or 3 days." If you miss that unscheduled call, they will leave you a voicemail saying that they will try again (again unspecified date and time). If you try to call back, it doesn't work. The area code for the number you get the call from doesn't necessarily match your local field office's area code.

Just FYI for all of you. Start this process sooner than you think because you may have to go through more than one iteration of this.

Does anyone know of any other method to get an Infopass appointment at this time?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

SO after a long wait I can say part of this journey is over.

Timeline is;

August 3, 2017 Notice of Action 1

January 8, 2019 RFE

February 20, 2019 USCIS Received response to RFE

March 26, 2019 Contacted My Senator

April 1, 2019 Filled N400

April 4,2019   I-751 Approved!!!!!!

image.png

On 3/1/2019 at 9:04 AM, Jerry and Elena said:

Congratulations! Glade to see N400 September filers start getting good news! Thank you for an info and good luck with interview !:)

Hello guys! 

Just sharing the good news.

As Jerry and Elena Mentioned 

Got my combo Interview on April the 2nd :)  and the best part ...both ROC and N400 got approved on the spot 

My Oath ceremony will be in 2 weeks (April 18th) in West Palm Beach 

Have a good one guys and best of luck for all of you!

On 12/15/2018 at 6:46 PM, TheKingmaker said:

After along time waiting, finally i just got an updated on my that NEW CARD IS BEING PRODUCED. What a relief after almost 2 years waiting. VISA Journey had helped me alot through out the process . Thank you guys for helping me and other keep up the good work and good luck to all that ROC still pending. 

My time line:

08/17/17: ROC sent 

08/23/17: ROC Received 

12/14/18: RFE Sent

03/06/19: RFE response received

04/04/19: New card is being produce 

Now Im about to file N-400 when my card arrive. 

Thank you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
On 3/13/2019 at 4:39 PM, alex1212 said:

hi I am a New York filler (jun 30 2017), I was just checking what is happening with august filers and I saw your message. My case was transferred several times (from Vermont to MO and now it is in the local office). I was getting an idea to contact my congressmen as well. Did you file an inquiry previously? 

please, let me know if any updates in your case after congressmen contact... It is really frustrating to wait for years......

Thank you

Hey, 

I got some updates from the Congressman's office:

1) The reason it is taking so long is that I filed for citizenship and it now reset the clock on the I-751 (so it's now on my citizenship case's timeline). The USCIS website says the wait time is 6 months for my citizenship case. How unfair!
2) My driver's license is expiring in a week or so. So I continued the conversation with the congressman's office (expressing my frustration) and they offered to make an info pass appointment for me. I sent all the papers 10 days ago and still haven't heard back. I sent them an email today to get an update on the appointment making.

3) I'm seriously considering trying a walk-in appointment at my local USCIS office as I really need the stamp in my passport to renew my driver's license, otherwise a) I'll be driving without a valid license b) I can not get to work. So I might try the "financial loss" emergency reason to get in. Has anyone tried this?

18 hours ago, annem said:

Hey, 

I got some updates from the Congressman's office:

1) The reason it is taking so long is that I filed for citizenship and it now reset the clock on the I-751 (so it's now on my citizenship case's timeline). The USCIS website says the wait time is 6 months for my citizenship case. How unfair!
2) My driver's license is expiring in a week or so. So I continued the conversation with the congressman's office (expressing my frustration) and they offered to make an info pass appointment for me. I sent all the papers 10 days ago and still haven't heard back. I sent them an email today to get an update on the appointment making.

3) I'm seriously considering trying a walk-in appointment at my local USCIS office as I really need the stamp in my passport to renew my driver's license, otherwise a) I'll be driving without a valid license b) I can not get to work. So I might try the "financial loss" emergency reason to get in. Has anyone tried this?

I cannot answer your specific question, but I would advise you to do whatever you can to get a stamp now. You may be "in status" even without a stamp or card forever, but you have no proof of this if you need to change your job or travel.

As for the N-400, what a mess. First I was advised that it could actually speed up the I-751, now I find the opposite is true 🤷‍♂️ And there is nobody left on these forums from our filing date to offer advice anymore.

Does you local office even do walk-ins anymore? Mine stopped abruptly. Now you have to call to get an appointment, and even that is a two-step process.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline
7 hours ago, DrGecko said:

I cannot answer your specific question, but I would advise you to do whatever you can to get a stamp now. You may be "in status" even without a stamp or card forever, but you have no proof of this if you need to change your job or travel.

As for the N-400, what a mess. First I was advised that it could actually speed up the I-751, now I find the opposite is true 🤷‍♂️ And there is nobody left on these forums from our filing date to offer advice anymore.

Does you local office even do walk-ins anymore? Mine stopped abruptly. Now you have to call to get an appointment, and even that is a two-step process.

My husband just went trough it. See the post above from Mach 28th. 

He has an oath ceremony on 23rd of this month. They combined his N400 with ROC. Both done and approved on same day. 

Good luck!

9 hours ago, DrGecko said:

Hi, I am in the same boat as you, I live in southern California and office here do not take walk-ins.  I called to get a stamp on the passport (about three weeks ago)  but unfortunately, they can not schedule an appointment because it was two months before 18month expiration date. I will call in next week and schedule an appointment.

12 hours ago, 1stLoveRedo said:

My husband just went trough it. See the post above from Mach 28th. 

He has an oath ceremony on 23rd of this month. They combined his N400 with ROC. Both done and approved on same day. 

Good luck!

Thanks!! And congrats to your husband! 🥂

I'm glad there are some combo filers getting done 😊 The silver lining in all this is that after having been married and having lived together so long, I have a mountain of evidence 😁

10 hours ago, Arron said:

Hi, I am in the same boat as you, I live in southern California and office here do not take walk-ins.  I called to get a stamp on the passport (about three weeks ago)  but unfortunately, they can not schedule an appointment because it was two months before 18month expiration date. I will call in next week and schedule an appointment.

Thanks, even though I wish you did not have to go through this, it's nice to hear someone else went through the exact same thing. I called around the same time you did, was told the same thing you were, and then got a follow up email reiterating that I would have to call again during the 30 day period to schedule an appointment. 

So I'm going to call again next week. And this time I will leave my ringer on while I wait for them to return my call! 😀

2 hours ago, Happyb said:

I filed end of August 2017 and got RFE end of February 2019. They delivered my package to PO BOX on April 5th but I haven’t got any updates on USCIS website. Any idea how long it does take to update my case? I just want to make sure they received my paperwork. 

The same day they got it they update.Give them 4 days not include weekends.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.