Ban Hammer

Man Arrested In Feces-Filled Home

122 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Condescention doesn't work with me, lol.

Lemme ask you this....do you not think that you coming in here all pizz and vinegar at HOW FILTHY CATS ARE! would alienate cat owners? Do you not see the logic that you're essentially calling a bunch of strangers filthy & unconcerned with bacteria? Can you see the correlation between your comments and the initial response you rec'd?

If I were here for a popularity contest, I would have said otherwise. Mind you, I was not the only one who shared the same views as I had stated. A person cannot go around their entire life walking on eggshells being afraid of saying anything because it may offend someone. 100% of the crowd can never be 100% happy at the same time. It's a waste of time to try. So I don't. My comments were not directed at any one person. I spoke how I felt about something and I questioned it. Which I haven't received any replies to some of them. If anyone felt I was directly talking straight at them, I would have used your name in that post to your response. If the person's name wasn't used, then it was at that person's own volition to accept the statement was directed at them. Most of the time, when people take offense to something, there's usually some truth within them that they can relate. Instead of dealing with their indiscretions, their solution is to personally lash out at the person who made the statement they did not find agreeable. Probably because it may have hit close to home. I don't know. I don't live in their homes. I made no comments at "their" pets personally. I spoke of something in general. It was just a very bold statement or two that I had made. With quite a few in agreement. I didn't say to cat owners that it was "their" cats that were leaving #######, etc. all over their homes. It makes me curious how many litter boxes were cleaned after reading this thread?

People can act toward me as though I dumped salt in an open wound. Or that I took their Massingill and replaced the solution with gasoline. Or that I replaced their tampons with Q-Tips. Then so be it. I won't conform my life or my existence to the tune of another person's beliefs. :no:

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

AOS application received Chicago - 11/12/2007

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

she's the runner up mags, you'll remain #1 :luv:

:D:luv:

Actually, I believe technically I'm slated to become a crazy cat-and-dog lady. It's a little different. :P

nothing wrong with that. i got dibs on the bunnies :wub:

So you would be the Official Bunny Boy? :lol:

Timeline
i'm sure mentioning you running over cats went real well too ;)

Did I ever say anywhere in this thread that I purposely had aimed my car at running over a cat? No.

Has a cat ran ever out into the road and ended up under the car while I was driving? Yes.

Should I have swerved and hit another car to avoid that animal, possibly killing the other driver? No.

If dog owners are responsible for the control of their dogs, where they must be on a leash or confined to the home, Then why are cats allowed to roam freely? I would have never ran over a cat in my life if more control was exerted in their pets whereabouts. Nor would my dog go after them with a vengeance as she does. They only try to come in my backyard for food. I don't blame the cats. I blame the owners who care so little to feed their animals or care for them at the place they thought was their home.

Now, look at where it all points back to now. The owner of the animal being responsible. Not the animal. :yes:

Edited by altimixdj

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Condescention doesn't work with me, lol.

Lemme ask you this....do you not think that you coming in here all pizz and vinegar at HOW FILTHY CATS ARE! would alienate cat owners? Do you not see the logic that you're essentially calling a bunch of strangers filthy & unconcerned with bacteria? Can you see the correlation between your comments and the initial response you rec'd?

If I were here for a popularity contest, I would have said otherwise. Mind you, I was not the only one who shared the same views as I had stated. A person cannot go around their entire life walking on eggshells being afraid of saying anything because it may offend someone. 100% of the crowd can never be 100% happy at the same time. It's a waste of time to try. So I don't. My comments were not directed at any one person. I spoke how I felt about something and I questioned it. Which I haven't received any replies to some of them. If anyone felt I was directly talking straight at them, I would have used your name in that post to your response. If the person's name wasn't used, then it was at that person's own volition to accept the statement was directed at them. Most of the time, when people take offense to something, there's usually some truth within them that they can relate. Instead of dealing with their indiscretions, their solution is to personally lash out at the person who made the statement they did not find agreeable. Probably because it may have hit close to home. I don't know. I don't live in their homes. I made no comments at "their" pets personally. I spoke of something in general. It was just a very bold statement or two that I had made. With quite a few in agreement. I didn't say to cat owners that it was "their" cats that were leaving #######, etc. all over their homes. It makes me curious how many litter boxes were cleaned after reading this thread?

People can act toward me as though I dumped salt in an open wound. Or that I took their Massingill and replaced the solution with gasoline. Or that I replaced their tampons with Q-Tips. Then so be it. I won't conform my life or my existence to the tune of another person's beliefs. :no:

And here I just thought you were being rude and ill-mannered. But there you go...

Timeline
And here I just thought you were being rude and ill-mannered. But there you go...

The rude and ill-mannered were for those who took it upon themselves to insult me first. Otherwise, I've got a great demeanor and charming personality! :lol:

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

Timeline

The rude and ill-mannered were for those who took it upon themselves to insult me first. Otherwise, I've got a great demeanor and charming personality! :lol:

Whatever, I just find it a little weird that you seem to be criticising cats on the basis that they're not dogs.

Timeline

Whatever, I just find it a little weird that you seem to be criticising cats on the basis that they're not dogs.

It is what it is. It's however it's perceived. ;)

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Lord knows I got the birds

i'll take runner up for that one :thumbs:

she's the runner up mags, you'll remain #1 :luv:

:D:luv:

Actually, I believe technically I'm slated to become a crazy cat-and-dog lady. It's a little different. :P

nothing wrong with that. i got dibs on the bunnies :wub:

So you would be the Official Bunny Boy? :lol:

:blush:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
i'm sure mentioning you running over cats went real well too ;)

Did I ever say anywhere in this thread that I purposely had aimed my car at running over a cat? No.

Has a cat ran ever out into the road and ended up under the car while I was driving? Yes.

yet you seem to take delight in doing so

Whatever problems I have with cats, is between me and whatever cat decides to run under the wheels of my car. :yes:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

I'm a cat owner myself, so I can't really talk - but I always got a laugh out of this essay, written by (of all people) the creator of Conan the Barbarian.

The Beast from the Abyss

I can't really argue with this:

Pull a drowning kitten out of the gutter and provide him with a soft cushion to sleep upon, and cream as often as he desires. Shelter, pamper and coddle him all his useless and self-centered life. What will he give you in return? He will allow you to stroke his fur; he will bestow upon you a condescending purr, after the manner of one conferring a great favor. There the evidences of gratitude end. Your house may burn over your head, thugs may break in, rape your wife, knock Uncle Theobald in the head, and string you up by your thumbs to make you reveal the whereabouts of your hoarded wealth. The average dog would die in the defense even of Uncle Theobald. But your fat and pampered feline will look on without interest; he will make no exertions in your behalf, and after the fray, will, likely as not, make a hearty meal off your unprotected corpse.