IAMX

Keith Ellison sees Trump's tweeting as dangerous to democracy like King George III

52 posts in this topic

Timeline

On Thursday’s broadcast of NPR’s “Morning Edition,” DNC Deputy Chair Representative Keith Ellison (D-MN) argued that President Trump uses Twitter in a manner that is comparable to the behavior of England’s King George III.

Ellison later argued that he generally sees Twitter “as a good thing to foster communication from your government, but I think it can be used in a very bad way. Because, what he’s doing, through his Twitter account and in other ways, is circumventing the whole system to intimidate people, to pack courts, to intimidate the press, all so that he can just sort of run everything himself. And we fought a war of independence against somebody, King George, who was trying to do that. So, this is really why I’m actually kind of concerned about his use of social media, not the fact that he uses it. That’s actually a good thing. But the way that he uses it, I think is damaging to representative democracy.”

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/07/27/ellison-trump-trying-to-circumvent-the-whole-system-we-fought-a-war-of-independence-against-king-george-for-that/

Trump apparently uses Twitter to run everything himself like a dictator.

Trump sure is amazing isn't he?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

The media and democrats especially hate his tweets.

They must be effective...otherwise they would not be upset about it.

Timeline
1 hour ago, eieio said:

The media and democrats especially hate his tweets.

They must be effective...otherwise they would not be upset about it.

I really don't understand the obsession with his tweets.

I could count on one hand how many tweets I ever read from Obama and Trump together before 2016.

Edited by IAMX

Trump's Tweets are generally childish, boorish, moronic. The obsession with them is largely because having them come from the so-called president is an embarrassment to the Oval Office and the Nation in general.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Timeline
5 hours ago, ready4ONE said:

Trump's Tweets are generally childish, boorish, moronic. The obsession with them is largely because having them come from the so-called president is an embarrassment to the Oval Office and the Nation in general.

Now I see.. its easy leverage for people who are extremely affected by persona driven politics.

170228-obama-desk-feet-oval-office-1247p

Remember under the previous administration when this was seen as a major scandal? That Fox News would talk about for days about how this guy was disrespecting the job of the POTUS because he had his feet on the desk.

K1 Visa Timeline
15th Dec 08 - I129F posted to VSC
1st June 09 - Interview at 9am, Medical at 2:50pm
15th June 09 - K1 Visa approved and received
23rd June 09 - Point of Entry (Atlanta, Georgia)
17th July 09 - Married

AOS + EAD + AP Timeline
25th Aug 09 - AOS + EAD + AP posted to Chicago Lockbox
2nd Oct 09 - EAD + AP Approved
22nd Oct 09 - AOS Approved
30th Oct 09 - Green Card in hand!

Removing Conditions Timeline
29th Sept 11 - I-751 posted to VSC
26th Sept 12 - Approved

Citizenship Timeline

20th Feb 15 - N-400 posted to Lewisville Lockbox

15th June 15 - Interview

1st July 15 - Oath Ceremony

NOW A US CITIZEN!

1 hour ago, IAMX said:

Now I see.. its easy leverage for people who are extremely affected by persona driven politics.

While a growing majority of Americans disapprove of how Trump acts, and find him embarrassing, specifically his sophmoric Tweets, you have hit the nail on the head. His persona is all Trump has, he isn't a self-made man, and his only consistent politics are two-fold:

1) Look at me, I am so fantastic! Love me!

2) That (insert any opponent or non-supplicant here) (insert juvenile, mean spirited nonsense here!)

#1 is all for his narcisistic self and his ever gullible base.

#2 is how everyone else is treated and is 'dealt with.'

Edited by ready4ONE

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!

Remove Conditions:

Timeline
2 minutes ago, ready4ONE said:

While a growing majority of Americans disapprove of how Trump acts, and find him embarrassing, specifically his sophmoric Tweets, you have hit the nail on the head. His persona is all Trump has, he isn't a self-made man, and his only consistent politics are two-fold:

1) Look at me, I am so fantastic! Love me!

2) That (insert any opponent or non-supplicant here) (insert juvenile, mean spirited nonsense here!)

This type of persona driven politics is exactly what got him and Obama both elected.. whine about it all you like, it's clearly very effective. It's reeled you in quite nicely.

Edited by IAMX

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
16 hours ago, spookyturtle said:

While I don't see Trump's tweeting as a danger to democracy, IMO most of what he tweets is childish and not presidential at all. It only makes him look foolish. 

That's because being presidential is easy :D

09/14/2012: Sent I-130
10/04/2012: NOA1 Received
12/11/2012: NOA2 Received
12/18/2012: NVC Received Case
01/08/2013: Received Case Number/IIN; DS-3032/I-864 Bill
01/08/2013: DS-3032 Sent
01/18/2013: DS-3032 Accepted; Received IV Bill
01/23/2013: Paid I-864 Bill; Paid IV Bill
02/05/2013: IV Package Sent
02/18/2013: AOS Package Sent
03/22/2013: Case complete
05/06/2013: Interview Scheduled

06/05/2013: Visa issued!

06/28/2013: VISA RECEIVED

07/09/2013: POE - EWR. Went super fast and easy. 5 minutes of waiting and then just a signature and finger print.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

05/06/2016: One month late - overnighted form N-400.

06/01/2016: Original Biometrics appointment, had to reschedule due to being away.

07/01/2016: Biometrics Completed.

08/17/2016: Interview scheduled & approved.

09/16/2016: Scheduled oath ceremony.

09/16/2016: THE END - 4 year long process all done!

2 minutes ago, IAMX said:

This type of persona driven politics is exactly what got him and Obama both elected.. whine about it all you like, it's clearly very effective. It's reeled you in quite nicely.

Moldy sour grapes (Trump) compared to a fine and rare wine (Obama) there is no comparison between the two. I am hardly "reeled in" by Trumps carnival huckster, bully act.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1

Remove Conditions:

Timeline
Just now, ready4ONE said:

Moldy sour grapes (Trump) compared to a fine and rare wine (Obama) there is no comparison between the two. I am hardly "reeled in" by Trumps carnival huckster, bully act.

LOL

I know exactly what you were reeled in by, I was around many people election day 2008, so I saw the cult of personality magnetism with my own eyes.

Obama is no doubt an articulate speaker, and it worked quite well for the demographic he suckered. 

I've noticed personally the left are extremely taken aback by those (like Trump, like myself) who are very direct and honest. 

I'm rather perplexed as to why they prefer people articulately BSing them over someone being brash and direct.. nonetheless, it's certainly just as exploitable as those who admire "straight talk". OTOH when I talk to people who prefer a straight-forward demeanor, they're a lot less prone to the kind of temper tantrums seen among the left over Trump. 

16 hours ago, spookyturtle said:

While I don't see Trump's tweeting as a danger to democracy, IMO most of what he tweets is childish and not presidential at all. It only makes him look foolish. 

I like a lot of what he has done but I cant argue your point 

23 minutes ago, IAMX said:

I am at my so called job, reading your so called post and you did a so called great job