927 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, puru444 said:

But why did they shut down Delhi Embassy??

Anyway, looking at this response the waiting times for F2A for India is more than 2.5 or 3 years now??

so it’s backlog and they don’t know when it will clear it can take upto several months.

This "Several" scares me now, how long?? Did he/she gave any ballpark figure? 3, 4 or 6 months?? 

Unnecessarily, Legal Immigrants' family members are getting screwed up in this process.  

Crappy H1Bs and their spouses are coming like in great numbers here ... nobody is stopping them from India. We followed the right and legal approach and suffering unnecessarily, where students are enjoying OPT/CPT joke to get the jobs away and they are bringing their spouses as well. On top of that they all need EADs to work and get it too .... I seriously support trump's "Buy-American Hire American" ideology but why LPR spouses/children are needed to wait for that long?? ... Non-sense. They need to give preference to F2A over all other NON-IMMIGRANT applicants (Tourist, Student, Entertainment, H1B etc.) 

They don't even issue tourist visa to LPR spouses due to lack of strong ties to home country ... what kinda stupid rule is this?? no alternative relief for us, waiting times for Mumbai Consulate for all other non-immigrant visas like tourist, student, H1b, H4 and other ####### is only 50-60 days ... 

😡🤬

I did contact with congressman I did with lawyer as well as NVCExpedite same answer so we can’t do anything just wait and watch I guess.

I have a question that I hope someone can help bring some clarity in assisting me navigating my case. 

My PD is Nov 15, 2017 and my I-130 is an F2A and my case is still pending. Also my wife and children all have B1/B2 visa, so they have visited me several times since I've been in the US.

What I would like to know is...now that F2A is current and the “Dates for Filing Applications” is March 08, 2019, can I have my wife (and daughters) come to the US on their B1/B2 and file an adjustment of status (I-485)?

Or do I still have to wait for my I-130 to be approved first before I can file an adjustment of status application?

As a side note: under the "Eligibility for Adjustment of Status" (https://www.uscis.gov/greencard/family-preference), it says:

You are eligible to receive an immigrant visa if you are the beneficiary of:

-An approved Form I-130 filed on your behalf;

-A pending Form I-130 (that is ultimately approved); or

-A Form I-130 (that is ultimately approved) filed together with your Form I-485.

Does the "A pending Form I-130" means exactly as it states...if they come to the US on their B1/B2, and then we can apply for an I-485 and adjust their status? Thank you.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline
17 hours ago, Nil09 said:

I just talked to nvc on phone and they said it happened because of Delhi location is close so all the cases are transferred to Mumbai office so it’s backlog and they don’t know when it will clear it can take upto several months.

Thanks for the update. Somebody with CC in early December was still waiting for IL two weeks ago. Since my wife's CC is 21FEB, I think its going to take three months from when they start to roll out interview dates for F2A!!! its just getting worse. Hope they roll out interviews for all the cases waiting for IL together.  

16 hours ago, puru444 said:

Does anybody know the validity of PCC?? 

6 months

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 6/10/2019 at 9:27 PM, Prezymel said:

Any good news to your Visa,? Me, I'm still waitinv, my CEAC updated three times ISSUED June 4,7 and 10..hopefuly tommo it's ready for pick up.

My case is Ian AP since 9th may.. twice date updated and nothing else... 

Timeline
On 6/11/2019 at 11:58 AM, RA2019 said:

It's already 6 weeks from the date of my wife's I-130.  I called NVC, they were shocked why they didn't receive the case. They asked me to send an Email.   Anyways, I called USCIS, they said it takes 90 days the case is transferred to NVC.

The immigration system is funny.

I gave up. 

It's all a joke. I went through the same process and emailed them, I got an email response back 20 days letter with the following:

In order to ensure your private information is protected, please resubmit your inquiry and any attachments using the ASKNVC form only.  You can access this link at nvc.state.gov/inquiry.  You will be required to provide privacy information in order to receive case specific information. Please limit your inquiry to only one case per submission.

This is seriously getting ridiculous.

Timeline
42 minutes ago, dspolaris said:

It's all a joke. I went through the same process and emailed them, I got an email response back 20 days letter with the following:

This is seriously getting ridiculous.

True ... 

Edited by puru444

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Delfina said:

My case was approved on april 18th but NVC still didn' contact us. Is this normal? Any similar experiences? thanks

Same here. 17th April. Called NVC and learned that they did NOT get it. Instructed to email a copy of the approval notice to NVCresearch@state.gov

8 days later got a reply saying they have no record of it and will be communicating with USCIS to locate your file.

Hello,

Do I need to wait for NVC to start my process before I apply for Police Certificate ? My spouse 130 got approved on 25th April (PD was july 27 , 2017 ) but have not got any communication from NVC yet.

Just wandering is there anything which I can do before NVC start my process. 

Also is there any specific template /format available for Police Certificate ?  I did not find anything on that in NVC website ? Could anyone please help/guide me about it ?

Many thanks

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
1 minute ago, putul said:

Hello,

Do I need to wait for NVC to start my process before I apply for Police Certificate ? My spouse 130 got approved on 25th April (PD was july 27 , 2017 ) but have not got any communication from NVC yet.

Just wandering is there anything which I can do before NVC start my process. 

Also is there any specific template /format available for Police Certificate ?  I did not find anything on that in NVC website ? Could anyone please help/guide me about it ?

Many thanks

Police certificate as far I know is good for 6 months only. So if you get it now and you don't know how long the process will take, you might have to get another one so better wait. Your local police station should be able to provide that. No specific format. Just that you haven't been convicted of any crime etc etc.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
1 hour ago, GPG said:

Same here. 17th April. Called NVC and learned that they did NOT get it. Instructed to email a copy of the approval notice to NVCresearch@state.gov

8 days later got a reply saying they have no record of it and will be communicating with USCIS to locate your file.

exactly same happening with my case got approved on 15 april 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.