927 posts in this topic

On 6/22/2019 at 10:31 PM, dspolaris said:

Ok, quick update. I finally heard back from the NVC on 6/21 with WL and Case Number.

However, they seemed to have changed the embassy interview location to Mumbai (it was supposed to be New Delhi). Looks like this also happened to others earlier on in this thread. Going to call them next week to find out what's going on.

Anyone have more info about this?

Dates:

• 6/12/17: (Priority Date) Received Receipt Notice from USCIS  
  • 3/29/19: Received Approval Letter from USCIS 
  • 6/21/19: Received Welcome Letter from NVC (case opened in Mumbai, supposed to be New Delhi)

Hey, may I know how did you get the welcome letter from NVC? in your email or mailing address? kindly let me know.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Kamran_Piash said:

Hey, may I know how did you get the welcome letter from NVC? in your email or mailing address? kindly let me know.

It was by email. The email was sent to both me and my spouse (we had our emails stored in the NVC CEAC website). 

3 minutes ago, dspolaris said:

It was by email. The email was sent to both me and my spouse (we had our emails stored in the NVC CEAC website). 

Thanks for the info. Waiting for my welcome letter. I am confused about the last line you wrote. How can I store our email in NVC ceac website before getting the letter?

Edited by Kamran_Piash
spell

On 2/17/2020 at 11:32 AM, Kamran_Piash said:

Thanks for the info. Waiting for my welcome letter. I am confused about the last line you wrote. How can I store our email in NVC ceac website before getting the letter?

You cannot. You have to receive your welcome letter first. Thereafter, once you receive your case and invoice number, you'll then be able to access ceac, at which point you'll have the opportunity to register both petitioner and the beneficiary's email addresses.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Kamran_Piash said:

I have another question. The civil documents ( birth certificate, police clearance etc) are they need to be notarized before uploading into nvc

We have only nikahnama notarized. 

Upload copies from "original" documents (i.e., documents presented to you by the respective government agencies). You'll bring the originals to your interview. Therefore, documents do not need notarization unless they are being translated from a foreign language into English (then you'd notarize the translation). However, if your interview will be conducted in your country of origin (birth country) they will remain in the same language and notarization is unnecessary.

30 minutes ago, vincentlina said:

Upload copies from "original" documents (i.e., documents presented to you by the respective government agencies). You'll bring the originals to your interview. Therefore, documents do not need notarization unless they are being translated from a foreign language into English (then you'd notarize the translation). However, if your interview will be conducted in your country of origin (birth country) they will remain in the same language and notarization is unnecessary.

Thanks mate

14 hours ago, YasArr said:

Is your NikahNamah in Urdu or English?

Ours is in Bengali. So we notarized.

I have to ask you guys

While uploading supporting AOS documents to NVC, should I submit two 1099s as a single pdf file or should I upload them separately?
Thanks in advance.!

Edited by Kamran_Piash

On 3/2/2020 at 11:57 AM, Kamran_Piash said:

Ours is in Bengali. So we notarized.

I have to ask you guys

While uploading supporting AOS documents to NVC, should I submit two 1099s as a single pdf file or should I upload them separately?
Thanks in advance.!

Upload your documents as single file where it makes sense (e.g., Date of Birth, would be uploaded separately since it has its own category, so does Marriage certificate, etc. AOS documents [1099, etc.] are all related so makes sense to combine them all in one PDF -- at least that's what I did).

• 1 month later...

Please guys, I need help on my application, I filed since March 2017 and I got rfe on May 2019, I replied July 2019 but since then all I get from uscis is my case is security check pending please this so so frustrating I contacted ombudsman and congressman still waiting for their reply, any advice will help please, even my lawyer asked me to wait 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.