R&OC

I-130 July 2017 filers

814 posts in this topic

On 7/25/2017 at 6:34 AM, LILI&FERRA said:

i believe both

RFE was in in mail. I signed up for the email alerts, but I never received an email.

Edited by Kathyil

5 minutes ago, Kathyil said:

RFE was in in mail. I signed up for the email alerts, but I never received an email.

me too but i never received the text just the email 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Dear July filers,

As we start traveling this journey together and can hopefully give each other advice and support, I would kindly like to ask you to create a timeline for all VJ members benefit (and of course, fill in the new information once available). 

Have a great weekend!

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 6:13 PM, mrscow said:

Does anyone know what we will need to prepare once we got noa2?

I filed in August last year and have just got my IR-1 visa so that will help you understand how long a process with no glitches or requests can take.

Nebraska and California were the centers with the longest process time. Texas made me cry when you saw the updates as people sped through in half the time. It will be changing now I am sure but be blessed if you get Texas.

What has happened since August last year? 

• More use of balancing case load and collecting applications into clusters of safer / possible security need more checks type processing. 
  • Electronic filing - not every country has to post.
  • Timelines to process - got longer but when you compare historically it is c.30 days more at each stage.

I would advise

• Collecting police certificates ( they last for 12 months from issue date) and can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months to get - send in with docs when you get to NVC stage. The Embassy then ask you only to "bring in the originals" and it saves a request for information from NVC when your file is transferred.
  • Getting financial package and related documents together in advance so you are on "fast turn-around" for filing.
  • Get ready to pay fees and use the telephone for your NVC reference number - see advice posted elsewhere - posting from Nebraska to New Hampshire NVC took 4 weeks plus. 
  • Learn the rules to expedite - simple process and it works if you have the right reasons - do a search on visa journey to acquaint yourself.

That will help you I am sure.

Good luck,

P.

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 9:11 AM, kareng5 said:

got NOa1 july 14 sent to Texas but I'm from California!

I was looking in other forums that most cases are going to texas hope it dosent delay

Texas was good, your documents go anywhere, be glad it was not Nebraska :jest:   the delay is as long as the quality of your documents and paperwork completion, if all good, you have no delays.

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 2:38 PM, LILI&FERRA said:

me too but i never received the text just the email 

Emails take a week after you get news ....why, I am unsure. 

DO NOT make the mistake of many, when at NVC stage ask please can you send me the confirmation email after you pay your first invoice online. This request locks your account and you cannot pay the second fee for 7/14 days. this of course then delays your submission to NVC.

TOP TIP ...... download all forms in advance off USCIS site, complete them and get police certificates from every country you lived in since the age of 16 ( for 12 months as a 16 yr old) ....that way when the big day happens and you get to NVC etc. you pay and file same day 

On 2017/7/30 at 2:11 PM, Patient said:

I filed in August last year and have just got my IR-1 visa so that will help you understand how long a process with no glitches or requests can take.

Nebraska and California were the centers with the longest process time. Texas made me cry when you saw the updates as people sped through in half the time. It will be changing now I am sure but be blessed if you get Texas.

What has happened since August last year? 

• More use of balancing case load and collecting applications into clusters of safer / possible security need more checks type processing. 
  • Electronic filing - not every country has to post.
  • Timelines to process - got longer but when you compare historically it is c.30 days more at each stage.

I would advise

• Collecting police certificates ( they last for 12 months from issue date) and can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months to get - send in with docs when you get to NVC stage. The Embassy then ask you only to "bring in the originals" and it saves a request for information from NVC when your file is transferred.
  • Getting financial package and related documents together in advance so you are on "fast turn-around" for filing.
  • Get ready to pay fees and use the telephone for your NVC reference number - see advice posted elsewhere - posting from Nebraska to New Hampshire NVC took 4 weeks plus. 
  • Learn the rules to expedite - simple process and it works if you have the right reasons - do a search on visa journey to acquaint yourself.

That will help you I am sure.

Good luck,

P.

Thank you very much for information, I am in Nebraska center too~~~so it may be a long way to go~~~~

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Thank you so much for the 

On 7/29/2017 at 11:16 PM, Patient said:

Emails take a week after you get news ....why, I am unsure. 

DO NOT make the mistake of many, when at NVC stage ask please can you send me the confirmation email after you pay your first invoice online. This request locks your account and you cannot pay the second fee for 7/14 days. this of course then delays your submission to NVC.

TOP TIP ...... download all forms in advance off USCIS site, complete them and get police certificates from every country you lived in since the age of 16 ( for 12 months as a 16 yr old) ....that way when the big day happens and you get to NVC etc. you pay and file same day 

Patient, I am not sure if I understand your NVC advise currently - what exactly is the mistake many make? This is what I understood: after making a payment, do not ask for a confirmation of that said payment as it locks your account. - is that correct?

11 minutes ago, R&OC said:

Thank you so much for the 

Patient, I am not sure if I understand your NVC advise currently - what exactly is the mistake many make? This is what I understood: after making a payment, do not ask for a confirmation of that said payment as it locks your account. - is that correct?

A lot of people expect to receive emails and updates, so when they do not get a confirmation for a stage they ask for an email. This request locks your case because a request is made on the system and someone else at the NVC/USCIS then sends the email.

The "lock" is whilst you wait for this email, so you cannot access the system/get receipts etc. Once you are at NVC, you are on the final lap and there is a 12 week wait for doc scanning etc. Hence suggesting you read NVC filers forums to get acquainted in advance.

Most failings relate to a) incomplete form submission for income b) police certificates c) wrong date or name information including signatory boxes not being signed.

Edited by Patient

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 0:04 AM, R&OC said:

Hi Kareng5,

same here. Same date, July 14th and sent to Texas although from California! I am not sure why but we'll see...

hope everything goes well and fast :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.