tab0712

I-134 help needed please

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I-134 help needed and any other tips and tricks. Using my father as co sponsor who is retired. 

A- Do I put the USCIS number provided in the NOA1 on part 1 question 10 (USCIS online account number)? What about my father who is the co sponsor?
B- Do I enter information into part 1 question 12? "I am ____ years of age and have resided I-134... 
C- Do I put the USCIS number provided in the NOA1 on part 1 question 10 (USCIS online account number)? What about my father who is the co sponsor?
D- Do I enter information into part 1 question 12? "I am ____ years of age and have resided in the United States since_____"
E - Part 3 Income and Asset Information...do I leave my annual income at zero, as I haven't earned US dollars in 8years? I work and earn local wages in Mexico. For my father, would he put his yearly income her get from his Social Security from retirement? 
F - Part 3 question 26-29...does this pertain to the currant person I am petitioning? As a co sponsor, does my dad also fill this out for my fiance?
G- Question 38..seems like a trick question. Why would anyone check off "I do not intend to make specific contributions"?
H- Parts 5 and 6 and all places that pertain to children (since none are involved), do we leave these all blank, or put N/A into ever single cell? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Read the example forms on the menu above. Even though their example form is still old, it does offer most of what you need.

You do not have a USCIS online account number unless you registered on their website to do some kind of online filing for green card replacements, etc.. 

Even if your income is 0, you should mark 0 (and be able to show that you have filed taxes with a US income of 0. They will likely NOT accept your foreign tax return (if you did one), and pay stubs might be hard for them to work with as well. If you're getting a co-sponsor, it's better that they just make the 125% requirement and go from there. Mark 0 on your form form income.

Part 3  - 26-29, see examples in the guide above. You can enter the information for the current beneficiary and (if you like) on the final page (Part 7) provide info that it is for the I-129F this form is regarding.

Question 38 - again see guide... doesn't pertain to K1 visas. Mark "I intend" and then on the final page (Part 7) write a note that says "N/A (K1 VISA PROCESS FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE)"

If you do not have dependents (children), leave those blank.

In a few places it clearly says to write "none", but it does not say that for dependents. 

Edited by Peot

Timeline

Thanknyou for your help. I did look at the guide on here, but it just makes me nervous and it's already been put out there that alot of the guides are outdated. 

I don't earn enough by IRS guidelines to file US taxes. And in Mexico, unless you are self employed, your employer does all taxes for you. There are no returns or owing more. I will mark off 0, and include the last 4 years of work statements (letter explaining my pathetically low salary) from my job and also write a cover letter explaining my situation. 

Thanks again

Timeline
On 11/7/2017 at 5:42 PM, Peot said:

Read the example forms on the menu above. Even though their example form is still old, it does offer most of what you need.

Can you link to what form you are talking about? I only see this and it doesn't offer any help.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/support  and this http://www.visajourney.com/examples/Form-I-134.pdf (REALLY old and 1/4 of the details now asked.

Edited by tab0712
editing

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 7/13/2017 at 9:36 AM, tab0712 said:

Can you link to what form you are talking about? I only see this and it doesn't offer any help.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/support  and this http://www.visajourney.com/examples/Form-I-134.pdf (REALLY old and 1/4 of the details now asked.

Sorry for the late reply, but yes that is the example I was talking about.

Hopefully that example page will be updated soon, but most of the changes include pages relating to interpreters and preparers, as well as a lot of information gathering... You shouldn't have too many issues filling information about yourself on this form. It's a lot less than the initial I-129F form.

The basic form items in the example still exist on the current form though and have simply been moved around. Note the following are still there and always get questions asked about them:

"I have submitted a visa petition(s) to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services on behalf of the following person(s)." Follow the example.

"I intent / do not intend to make specific contributions to the support of the person..." is still on the new form as well. Mark "I intend" and on the last page, follow the example.

As for the rest, look to my previous post on how you might fill the other items you had questions with.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.