mkr1990

No marriage pictures on facebook

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Ebunoluwa said:

I would find another articulation instead of "bad energy and judging" because that will peak their interest in why would there be

any judgement and bad energy and are you not confident in your relationship.

Hi there, thanks for giving me tips. We are confident in our relationship, and in my opinion it's a good reason to say that because we are 19 and 20 years old. We prefer to not post everything online because of that. We both are not really in contact with anyone on facebook anyways, and the people that know about our marriage is in our inner circle. Those are the people we talk to regularly

Edited by mkr1990

02/08/2017- I-129F packet received

02/10/2017 -NOA1

02/18/2017 - NOA1 Letter 

Waiting for NOA2

19 hours ago, amul said:

I honestly think that this has to do more with terrorism than honeymoon/wedding pictures etc. 

My husband and I are private people and are not into posting any pictures on FB, we don't like, repost, post or comment on posts on FB, we don't tweet at all. 

I cannot see the US government denying a spousal visa just on the bases of no social media presence. 

My two cents...

At my husband's interview, they asked him why he had only a few friends on the site where we met. The site has not been around for a long time, was closed I am assuming as I haven't been on there in years since I met him. We met 6.5 years ago and kept no chats or anything because we were only friends. My husband was only on that site advertising his tour company. He had many pics of his travels and sites from previous tours posted. BUT we couldn't add them because we didn't have access to a closed site. So the only page I had ever copied was his id page on the site, which had only his pic and a few friends. It was when he first got on there. And they questioned him about having just a few friends as he was a tour guide. So my point is, they can make totally wrong assumptions about anything they see, especially social sites. So yes, they can deny for any reason they want, sadly, even if it's not a true reason.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Love To Teach said:

At my husband's interview, they asked him why he had only a few friends on the site where we met. The site has not been around for a long time, was closed I am assuming as I haven't been on there in years since I met him. We met 6.5 years ago and kept no chats or anything because we were only friends. My husband was only on that site advertising his tour company. He had many pics of his travels and sites from previous tours posted. BUT we couldn't add them because we didn't have access to a closed site. So the only page I had ever copied was his id page on the site, which had only his pic and a few friends. It was when he first got on there. And they questioned him about having just a few friends as he was a tour guide. So my point is, they can make totally wrong assumptions about anything they see, especially social sites. So yes, they can deny for any reason they want, sadly, even if it's not a true reason.

That is true -- they can deny visas as they wish and we are at their mercy...

We have no issues with giving up our social media handles and whatever they will find will be consistent with our usage history throughout. We are connected via social media, we don't post, but message a lot, we share posts and send pictures, we share a few common friends.

Our social media profiles are set to private so not much to see, but we do keep in touch with our friends via chats and they can have that info too if they wish. 

“Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there someday.” - WTP 

Spoiler

USCIS
09/07/16: I-130 mailed
09/12/16: NOA1 email
01/11/17: Received an RFE
02/20/17 RFE Response
03/01/17: NOA2 / I-130 Approved (letter)

NVC 

03/17/17: NVC received

03/21/17: Submitted DS-261 (Online Choice of Address and Agent)

03/22/17: Received DS-261+ AOS Bill
03/22/17: AOS Bill Paid
03/27/17: Received + Paid IV Bill

04/20/17: PCC + New Birth Certificate received (took 4+ weeks)
04/25/17: Sent AOS + IV Package
06/27/17: CC confirmed on the phone (NVC)
06/28/17: Interview date confirmed on the phone (NVC)
06/30/17: P4 Letter received (via email)
07/06/17: Second identical P4 email received
07/10/17: Our case left NVC
07/13/17: Case arrived at New Delhi Consulate

07/18/17: Email received from New Delhi Embassy about Biometrics/VAC

07/18/17: Email received from New Delhi Embassy (missing Marriage Certificate - must have lost it since we included this in the RFE during the USCIS stage + got approved!)

07/18/17: Biometrics scheduled via UStraveldocs site
07/21/17: Biometrics completed

07/25/17: Medical scheduled (Max in Lajpat)

07/26/17: Medical completed (will be ready to pick up in 3-4 days)
08/01/17: Medical papers ready for pickup

08/16/17: Interview Day

08/16/17: Visa Approved - Woohoo! 💕

08/17/17: Visa issued + passport ready for pickup

08/18/17: Passport and sealed envelops picked up

08/19/17: Immigration Fee ($220) paid via ELIS
08/25/17: Plane ticket purchased (POE on Sep) 😍
09/14/17: POE at Dulles 

ROC

09/10/19: I-751 Packet sent 🤘
09/20/19: NOA I-797 received! 

Here is our Embassy review and interview details http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=22377

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, Ebunoluwa said:

I would find another articulation instead of "bad energy and judging" because that will peak their interest in why would there be

Just tell them you are very private people and your inner circle knows and that you don't feel like broadcasting it on facebook.

I second this! Great advice...

“Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there someday.” - WTP 

Spoiler

USCIS
09/07/16: I-130 mailed
09/12/16: NOA1 email
01/11/17: Received an RFE
02/20/17 RFE Response
03/01/17: NOA2 / I-130 Approved (letter)

NVC 

03/17/17: NVC received

03/21/17: Submitted DS-261 (Online Choice of Address and Agent)

03/22/17: Received DS-261+ AOS Bill
03/22/17: AOS Bill Paid
03/27/17: Received + Paid IV Bill

04/20/17: PCC + New Birth Certificate received (took 4+ weeks)
04/25/17: Sent AOS + IV Package
06/27/17: CC confirmed on the phone (NVC)
06/28/17: Interview date confirmed on the phone (NVC)
06/30/17: P4 Letter received (via email)
07/06/17: Second identical P4 email received
07/10/17: Our case left NVC
07/13/17: Case arrived at New Delhi Consulate

07/18/17: Email received from New Delhi Embassy about Biometrics/VAC

07/18/17: Email received from New Delhi Embassy (missing Marriage Certificate - must have lost it since we included this in the RFE during the USCIS stage + got approved!)

07/18/17: Biometrics scheduled via UStraveldocs site
07/21/17: Biometrics completed

07/25/17: Medical scheduled (Max in Lajpat)

07/26/17: Medical completed (will be ready to pick up in 3-4 days)
08/01/17: Medical papers ready for pickup

08/16/17: Interview Day

08/16/17: Visa Approved - Woohoo! 💕

08/17/17: Visa issued + passport ready for pickup

08/18/17: Passport and sealed envelops picked up

08/19/17: Immigration Fee ($220) paid via ELIS
08/25/17: Plane ticket purchased (POE on Sep) 😍
09/14/17: POE at Dulles 

ROC

09/10/19: I-751 Packet sent 🤘
09/20/19: NOA I-797 received! 

Here is our Embassy review and interview details http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=22377

Timeline
4 hours ago, Ebunoluwa said:

Just tell them you are very private people and your inner circle knows and that you don't feel like broadcasting it on facebook.

35 minutes ago, amul said:

I second this! Great advice...

It makes sense to say that, but at the same time we are not very private people because both of our profile pictures on facebook are of us together. We also uploaded pictures together on facebook so it doesn't make sense in our situation to say that. Any ideas? I think what I suggested might be the best but im not sure

02/08/2017- I-129F packet received

02/10/2017 -NOA1

02/18/2017 - NOA1 Letter 

Waiting for NOA2

I honestly feel like taking all my wedding pictures down from Facebook and if they ask, say ''sorry, I looked fat in them!'' :P *

*just a bad joke 

@mkr1990 So if you guys do have couple pictures together why not the wedding ones? Because you guys are young as you mentioned? I'm guessing because you ARE this young, it would make sense you'd gather quite the social media presence. But I'm sure they know that not everyone is a heavy user. 

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

➺ 01/07/17 Got married in Cozumel

➺ 02/04/17 Petition mailed 

➺ 02/08/17 Case Assigned to USCIS Nebraska, sigh. 

➺ 02/13/17 We got our NOA1! PD: February 8th 

➺ 12/15/17 NOA2 finally! after 10 1/2 months. 

➺ 12/21/17 NVC confirmed they received our file 

➺ 01/22/18 Documents sent to Rapidvisa 

➺ 02/05/18  NVC received our package 

03/15/18 Case complete! 

06/27/18  We got our Interview date! August 28th 

08/30/18 The package arrived (waited at Juarez)

08/31/18 Entered the U.S with my husband 

➺ 02/13/19 Husband confesses he cheated, leaves

➺ 02/16/19 Husband decides to abandon the marriage

➺ 05/13/19  I am officially divorced. 

➺ 07/03/20  I file to remove conditions on my own     

➺ 08/13/21 I finally get my biometrics appointment 

➺ 02/26/22 I got my interview assigned: March 31st. 

💜Owner of Miss Lore Tattoos 💜

www.missloretattoos.com   Instagram.com/missloretattoos 

Tough times never last, but tough people do. 

200w.gif

I don't even have facebook, I have food instagram acct lol, there is not even a single pic of me but only food.

Removal of Conditions I-751

29 December 2017 - ROC Filing Opening Date (Expiry 29 Mar 2018)

29 December 2017 - I-751 Priority Mail shipped to VSC

2 January 2018 - Package delivered

8 January 2018 - Check cashed in

11 January 2018 - NOA received (DATE of NOA: 3 JAN 2018)

22 January 2018 - Biometrics Appointment letter received

30 January 2018 - Biometrics Appointment

11 August 2018 - 18 Months extension received (Exp on Sept 2019)

8 April 2019 - I751 Approved

12 April 2019 - NOA and greencard received

Help us all by updating your Timeline and Profile!:D

1. Click on your blue nickname on top right corner, there will be a dropdown menu> My Timeline > Edit/Add My Entry.

2. Click on your blue nickname at top right corner, dropdown menu > Account Settings > Profile > Edit Profile (Black button) > change your Filed for and Location.

3. If you would like to update your signature, click on your blue nickname on top right corner, dropdown menu> Account Settings > Left menu click on Signature.

IMPT: If you change address, DO NOT FORGET TO fill up AR-11 Online,for your USC Spouse, fill up I-865! 

Timeline

We only used a few screenshots from Facebook as proof of visit in the initial I129f because they are time stamped and showed comments of friends and family. However I felt during the interview that the private photo book I made with printed pictures was actually the decisive moment for being approved! It had lots of pictures of us together over a period of 1,5 years and also with other family members and friends. Make sure the pictures show being taken at different times like different seasons because a Dutch K1 applicant I spoke after her interview got asked how they could tell they weren't made in one day. During the interview it was basically "proof to me you are in an actual relationship", not how active you are on social media!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

We did not post any picture of our wedding (at courthouse) on FB and never had any problem on AOS or ROC. You should be fine.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.