75 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi All,

After being married and almost at our 2 yr date, can someone direct me to where i can go for the next step? i know we still need to file more paper work, but unsure where and what.

Thanks!

What's your current status & location?

we live in massachusetts, and he has his green card.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Are you referring to lifting conditions??

There's a guide and a whole forum about it here.

Also search USCIS website - they have specific instructions as well. YOu must do this 90 days before his GC expires.

search :)

:thumbs:

and this

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

So does anyone know roughly, how much time this new process takes from start (petition) to finish visa interview....

And, am I the only one who thinks how ridiculous it is that the WHOLE country needs to go to Sydney for the last interview...??? I mean that's like saying the whole of the United States needs to go to Washington for their petition!

So does anyone know roughly, how much time this new process takes from start (petition) to finish visa interview....

And, am I the only one who thinks how ridiculous it is that the WHOLE country needs to go to Sydney for the last interview...??? I mean that's like saying the whole of the United States needs to go to Washington for their petition!

I think it's fair to say about 2 months from when you file the I-130, though it will depend a bit on how organized you are. You should receive packet 3 when you file the I-130. If you're organized, you should have all the info you need for the I-864 by that point, and your police check. That will just leave the medical to do. In Melbourne, I had to wait about 4 weeks for an appointment, but other cities might vary.

So assuming you file the DS-2001 (requesting an interview date) about 4 weeks after the I-130 petition, once your medical has been done, you should get an interview date about 4 weeks after that based on the timeframes Sydney seems to have at the moment.

30 June 2006 - received packet 3 from Sydney Consulate to do DCF

July 2006 - discover Sydney are changing their DCF process

8 September 2006 - have fingerprints taken, post police check form to AFP

12 September 2006 - medical

21 September 2006 - receive police check from AFP

23 September 2006 - wedding day!

12 October 2006 - hubby files I-130 in Sydney during Thursday walk-in (and I-864). I file DS-230 parts 1 and 2, and DS-2001.

31 October 2006 - interview date... and I'm approved!

1 November 2006 - pick-up visa from Sydney Consulate

14 November 2006 - arrive in the US!

22 November 2006 - greencard arrives in mail

24 November 2006 - social security card and welcome letter arrive

Timeline

I think it's fair to say about 2 months from when you file the I-130, though it will depend a bit on how organized you are. You should receive packet 3 when you file the I-130. If you're organized, you should have all the info you need for the I-864 by that point, and your police check. That will just leave the medical to do. In Melbourne, I had to wait about 4 weeks for an appointment, but other cities might vary.

So assuming you file the DS-2001 (requesting an interview date) about 4 weeks after the I-130 petition, once your medical has been done, you should get an interview date about 4 weeks after that based on the timeframes Sydney seems to have at the moment.

Hi Lunamel :)

I couldn't find this string for the life of me.

Thanks for this. I think I've asked you in the other string where I can get the I-864 as I don't think it came with the instructions from the Consulate.

Also, after waiting the four weeks to get the interview date how soon after is the interview (roughly)? As I will need to book a flight to Sydney. (I'm in Melbourne).

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

just found out that service from mel -> sydney on jetstar won't start til after xmas...can you make it to avalon??

http://www.jetstar.com/

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hey everyone. I've got about 30 days until my walk-in in Sydney. Can anyone tell me if there is anything on the check off list for submitting the I-130 that needs to be notarized?

04 January 2004 : Met Stephanie in Las Vegas.

15 May 2006 : Joined visajourney

16 September 2006: Got married in Las Vegas.

03 October 2006 : Stephanie applies for certificate of name change.

12 October 2006 : Stephanie recieved certificate of name change.

16 October 2006 : Stephanie applies for NPC, recieves a couple weeks later.

29 November 2006 : Arrived in Sydney, stayed in 4Points Sheraton Darling Harbor.

30 November 2006 : DCF. Submitted I-130 Sydney US Consulate "walk-in Thursday". Packet 3 in hand.

11 December 2006 : Final Medical Appointment with Dr Miller and immunizations. Approved.

11 December 2006 : Sent off DS-230 Parts I and II, and DS-2001 overnight priority.

27 December 2006 : Received RFE in the mail, returned RFE same day.

24 January 2007 : New Legislation preventing approvals of I-130s at Consulate.

30 January 2007 : Final Visa Interview in Sydney.

22 February 2007: Sydney called for my wife to send her passport to issue the visa.

04 March 2007: Stephanie flies back to Australia to post her passport.

14 March 2007: Stephanie Recieves passport and visa.

18 March 2007: Stephanie is in Florida. Journey is over.

30 March 2007: Stephanie gets Social Security Card.

02 April 2007: Stephanie gets Green Card.

"what happens in Vegas, doesn't always stay in Vegas" - david

• 1 year later...
Timeline

Forgive my ignorance, but if the petition is approved at the Sydney Consulate and you're granted a visa for entry to the US, can you gain employment in the US immediately upon entry, or do you still have to wait for the physical green card to be in hand?

Sorry to be asking a blatantly obvious question, but I've been through britishexpats.com and now this forum and I fear I've become a little overloaded...

The facts:

*I am an Australian citizen (NSW)

*She is a US citizen (Florida)

*We will be married early 2008

*I have a SSN in the US (expired E3 visa)

*We have met face to face, many photos, email, bills etc as proof of relationship

*We are of legal age for marriage

*We tick all the other boxes I've read on the various forms needed for DCF.

• 4 months later...

Hi, I'm currently going through DCF in Melbourne Australia. I've been having some problems on where to file, how to make an appointment, etc. and finally got an answer from the Sydney consulate. (I'm just copying and pasting the document they gave me..no edits have been made)

I thought the information would be very useful to anyone else wishing to go the DCF route. If you'd like me to remove this, please let me know!! Hope this helps someone!

DOCUMENT #1

CONSULATE GENERAL OF THE UNITED STATES

LEVEL 59 MLC CENTRE 19-29 MARTIN PLACE SYDNEY NSW 2000

http://sydney.usconsulate.gov/sydney

IMMIGRATING AS THE SPOUSE OF AN AMERICAN CITIZEN

Thank you for your recent inquiry about immigrating to the United States as the spouse of an American citizen. Please read the following instructions carefully. For your convenience, we have included the website addresses where the required instructions and forms may be downloaded from.

Immigration is a two-step process:

•First, the American citizen files a petition (Form I-130) to establish the relationship and the visa category. Forms I-130 and G-325A may be downloaded from the following website addresses: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-130.pdf or http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/g-325a.pdf All four pages of Form G-325A must be completed for each of the petitioner and the beneficiary.

•Second, the spouse of the American applies for a visa.

Step One: Filing the Petition

Please note:

•The U.S. citizen is the Petitioner & Sponsor

•The visa applicant is the Beneficiary

•The I-130 petition cannot be filed until after the marriage has taken place.

•Unlike filing petitions in the United States, the petition must be submitted in person, not by mail.

•The petitioner must have maintained a continuous residence in Australia and must be able to show that they have permission to reside in Australia and that they have been doing so for at least six months before filing the petition.

•If the petitioner is a member of the U.S. military stationed in Australia, a copy of his/her orders must accompany the I-130 petition.

To file the petition, the petitioner is required to submit supporting documents for him/herself as well as for his/her spouse and any children accompanying the visa applicant. Please refer to the attached “Checklist for Filing I-130 Petitions for Spouses, Children & Stepchildren.” The petitioner is also required to satisfy a Consular Officer that the relationship with the beneficiary is valid and exists for more than just the purpose of immigration.

New South Wales, ACT, Queensland

Petitioners residing in the New South Wales, ACT, and Queensland must personally file I-130 petitions at the U.S. Consulate General in Sydney. We accept petitions by appointment only between 8:00 a.m. and 12:00 noon except U.S. and Australian holidays. The security guards must screen you before 11:45 a.m. Please e-mail the Consulate General in Sydney at SydneyPetitions@state.gov for an appointment to file your I-130 petition. This e-mail address is to be used only for requesting I-130 filing appointments. All other immigration inquiries should be addressed to sydneyiv@state.gov

The package of instructions known as “Packet 3,” used by a beneficiary to apply for his/her immigrant visa, will not be mailed until an I-130 petition is filed and approved at the U.S. Consulate General in Sydney.

Victoria, South Australia, Northern Territory, Tasmania

Petitioners residing in Victoria, South Australia, the Northern Territory, and Tasmania may personally file I-130 petitions at the U.S. Consulate General in Melbourne. Please e-mail the Consulate General in Melbourne at MelbourneNIV@state.gov for an appointment to file your I-130 petition.

Upon approval of the petition, it will be transferred to Sydney for further processing. Please note that the visa applicant’s final visa interview must take place in Sydney. The Consulate General in Melbourne does not conduct immigrant visa interviews.

The package of instructions known as “Packet 3,” used by a beneficiary to apply for his/her immigrant visa, will not be mailed until an I-130 petition is filed and approved at the U.S. Consulate General in Sydney.

Alternatively, you may personally lodge the I-130 petition at the U.S. Consulate General in Sydney. Please e-mail the Consulate General in Sydney at SydneyPetitions@state.gov for an appointment.

Western Australia

Petitioners residing in Western Australia may personally file I-130 petitions at the U.S. Consulate General in Perth, Monday to Thursday between 8:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m.

Upon approval of the petition, it will be transferred to Sydney for further processing. Please note that the visa applicant’s final visa interview must take place in Sydney. The U.S. Consulate General in Perth does not conduct immigrant visa interviews.

Alternatively, you may personally file the I-130 petition at the U.S. Consulate General in Sydney. Please e-mail the Consulate General in Sydney at SydneyPetitions@state.gov for an appointment.

Adam Walsh Act Namecheck for Petitioner:

Upon receipt of the visa applicant’s I-130 petition, the U.S. Consulate General in Sydney will transmit information on the petitioner to the National Visa Center (NVC) in Portsmouth, New Hampshire. NVC will forward the petitioner’s information to the Vermont Service Center (VSC) to perform background checks, determining whether Adam Walsh Act ineligibility issues are present.

The results of the name check process will be returned to the U.S. Consulate General in Sydney by NVC. If the petitioner’s name check is clear, the petition will be approved and the immigrant visa process may begin. If the petitioner does not clear the process, the filed petition and supporting documents will be forwarded to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) office in Bangkok, Thailand.

Receiving “Packet 3”:

When the petitioner has cleared the Adam Walsh Act process, the initial set of forms and instructions (“Packet 3”) will be mailed to the visa applicant to begin processing his/her visa application. On receipt, the applicant should complete and return forms DS-230 Parts I & II (“Application for Immigrant Visa Application & Registration”) as soon as possible to the U.S. Consulate General in Sydney.

Please note we can only accept original forms, not faxed or scanned copies.

Step Two: The Visa Interview (for the visa applicant)

Scheduling the visa interview:

The “Instructions for Immigrant Visa Applicants – Overview” lists items that you are expected to have for the visa interview. When you have obtained all of the documents required for your case, complete and mail (do not fax or scan) Form DS-2001 to advise the U.S. Consulate General in Sydney that you have all items and are ready for your final visa interview. The first available appointment will be scheduled.

While we cannot guarantee the interview will match your proposed travel plans, we will try to schedule it as near as possible to your desired departure date.

Your interview will be scheduled only after the U.S. Consulate General in Sydney has in their files an approved I-130 petition, DS-230 Parts I & II, and your DS-2001 forms.

Processing immigrant visa applications takes time, and occasionally unexpected ineligibilities or omissions in documentation only become apparent at the interview stage.

Therefore, please do not make any irrevocable arrangements, such as purchasing non-refundable tickets, selling your home, or quitting your job until after your visa is actually approved and issued. You will have six (6) months from the date the visa is issued to travel to the United States.

Processing the visa:

The total application processing and security surcharge fee is US$355.00 or AUS$408.25 per person. This is paid at the U.S. Consulate General in Sydney just before the visa interview, in the form of cash, credit card, money order, or bank check made payable to the “U.S. Consulate.” This fee is non-refundable, whether or not the visa is issued. Personal and company checks cannot be accepted. Change can only be provided for transactions conducted in Australian currency.

You should also bring to your interview a pre-paid self-addressed 3kg Express Post envelope (plastic satchel) purchased from Australia Post. We will use this to mail your visa to you when it is issued, as we do not issue visas on the same day as the interview. If it is determined at your interview that you need to submit additional documents, you can mail them afterwards. An immigrant visa is valid for six months from the date of issuance.

The Consulate General in Sydney is the only office in Australia that processes U.S. immigrant visa applications and conducts immigrant visa interviews. The Consulates General in Melbourne and Perth can accept I-130 petitions for immigrant visas, but do not process immigrant visas or conduct immigrant visa interviews.

Information on these categories of visas is available by mail or e-mail (sydneyiv@state.gov), or from our web site at http://usembassy-australia.state.gov.

Enclosed (if receiving instructions by mail):

Petition, Form I-130, & instructions

CHECKLIST FOR FILING I-130 PETITIONS

FOR SPOUSES, CHILDREN & STEPCHILDREN

Documents to be presented for U.S. citizen petitioner:

1. Fee of US$355.00 or AUD$408.25 in cash, credit card, postal money order, or bank check made payable to the U.S. Consulate General, Sydney. Personal and company checks cannot be accepted. Change can only be provided for transactions conducted in Australian dollar cash.

2. Fully completed and signed I-130, Petition for Alien Relative.

3. Valid U.S. passport and one photocopy of the passport’s biographic and photo page.

4. One photocopy of the passport page showing your valid Australian visa.

5. One photocopy of the passport page showing your arrival stamp into Australia.

6. Valid Australian passport and one photocopy of the passport’s biographic and photo page if you hold dual, American and Australian nationalities.

7. Original evidence of name change (if applicable) and one photocopy.

8. Original evidence of termination of any prior marriages and one photocopy.

9. Original current marriage certificate and one photocopy. (Please note that the marriage certificate you signed on your wedding day is insufficient for immigrant visa purposes. Instead, you must submit a copy issued by the Australian Registrar of Births, Deaths and Marriages, or from the applicable Court or Registrar offices of the country where you were married. The certificate must bear an original seal of that issuing office.)

10. One photograph, in the format specified at the end of this information sheet.

11. One fully completed biographic data, form G-325A.

12. Evidence of a valid relationship

Documents to be presented for foreign spouse:

1. Original evidence of name change (if applicable) and one photocopy.

2. Original evidence of termination of any prior marriages and one photocopy.

3. One photograph, in the format specified at the end of this information sheet.

4. One fully completed biographic data form G-325A.

Documents to be presented for foreign born children or stepchildren:

•To file petitions for a step-child, the child must have been under the age of 18 at the time the U.S. citizen petitioner married the child’s natural parent.

•Do not submit the biographic data form G325A nor photographs if filing for child or stepchild.

Please present the following for a child or stepchild:

1. Original birth certificate of child/stepchild and one photocopy.

2. Original evidence of name change or adoption decree (if applicable) and one photocopy.

3. Original evidence of termination of any prior marriages of the child’s natural parent (if applicable) and one photocopy.

Format for photographs:

• Frame subject with full face, front view, eyes open

• Make sure photo presents full head from top of hair to bottom of chin; height of head should measure 1 inch to 1-3/8 inches (25 mm to 35 mm)

• Center head within frame (see sketch below)

• Make sure eye height is between 1-1/8 inches to 1-3/8 inches (28 mm and 35 mm) from bottom of photo

• Position subject and lighting so that there are no distracting shadows on the face or background

• Encourage subject to have a natural expression

DOCUMENT #2

CONSULATE GENERAL OF THE UNITED STATES

LEVEL 59 MLC CENTRE 19-29 MARTIN PLACE SYDNEY NSW 2000

61-2-9373-9200 sydney.usconsulate.gov/sydney

Under the revised procedures for filing petitions outside of the U.S., embassies and consulates may resume accepting I-130 petitions from American citizen petitioners who have maintained continuous residency in the consular district a minimum of the preceding six months. Petitioners must be able to show that they have permission to reside in the consular district and that they have been doing so for at least six months before filing the petition.

Exceptions to the petitioner’s residency abroad requirement can be made only in cases of true emergency such as life and death or health and safety or when in the national interest. Examples would include minor children who would be unexpectedly left without a caretaker. Family reunification or new marriages alone are not emergencies. Examples of national interest include facilitating the travel of United States military and other U.S. government direct hire employees assigned overseas who are pending imminent transfer on orders and need to petition their spouse and minor children at posts overseas. Individuals who are in Australia on a temporary status, such as student or tourist, would not be considered to meet the residency standard.

All lawful permanent residents, and American citizens’ resident in the United States or with a permanent address in the United States, will file the I-130 petitions at the USCIS Service Center having jurisdiction over their place of residence as indicated on the USCIS website: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-130.pdf

Quote the language in 9 FAM Appendix N, 201.1,

“U.S. citizens whose principal residence is not in the consular district, and/or who have entered the consular district as a temporary visitor/student/or with limited leave to enter and remain must file the petition with the appropriate USCIS Service Center in the United States.”

April 23 2008 - Go, and fail, to file I-130. Told wrong info by Sydney consulate on filing. Must have appointment.

May 21 2008 - Lodged I-130 at Melbourne consulate. Told we are approved and to wait for e-mail from Sydney Consulate on next steps.

July 2 2008 - Packet 3 received from Sydney Consulate by e-mail!!!!!

July 4 2008 - Sent DS-230 parts I and II via express post to Sydney consulate.

July 8 2008 - Sent police check via express post.

July 9 2008 - Medical appointment.

July 23 2008 - Received police check (we were away on vacation so didn't see it til then). It was issued 11 July.

July 30 2008 - FINALLY got medical results back.

July 30 2008 - Sent off Packet 3 via expess post.

August 3 2008 - I (USC) moved back to the US.

August 31 2008 - Receive letter saying we missed our appointment?!? They said they sent original on Aug 6. the appointment was supposed to be on Aug 19.

September 1 2008 - Send request for new appointment via express post

September 2 2008 - Receive new appointment time

September 30 2008 - Final interview appointment - APPROVED!

October 2 2008 - Visa and POE pack received!

October 14 2008 - POE at LAX

October 15 2008 - Back together!

October 24 2008 - Social security card arrived

October 27 2008 - Welcome letter and green card received!

My heart is in Australia.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Just wondering how long does it usually take for the Australian Police Certificate to be processed?

Also, I am planning to DCF through Sydney. If we file the I-130 in September and have everything in order is it likely I can have my visa in hand by the following January?

DCF Timeline here

POE Timeline

08/24/2008 POE Seattle

08/29/2008 SSN assigned

09/08/2008 SSN (Card) received

09/29/2008 Green Card received

I-90 Timeline (USCIS error)

11/10/2008 Send I-90 to Texas service center

12/xx/2008 NOA1

01/07/2009 Card production ordered

01/14/2009 Card mailed

01/xx/2009 Card received

I-751 Timeline

06/02/2010 Send I-751 to California service center

06/04/2010 Received at CSC

06/07/2010 NOA1

06/09/2010 Check cashed

07/27/2010 Biometrics

07/28/2010 Touch

09/02/2010 Approved

Hi all,

Just wondering how long does it usually take for the Australian Police Certificate to be processed?

Also, I am planning to DCF through Sydney. If we file the I-130 in September and have everything in order is it likely I can have my visa in hand by the following January?

I just sent away a federal police check for my permanent residency application in Australia and they told me on avg. it takes 4 weeks. I'm not sure if it's different for state police checks though. Maybe check the state police website??

I'm not sure you file your police check with the I-130. You need your police check for the second round of forms from what I understand, but if you ran in now it would still be valid for the second round anyways, assuming your interview was within 6 months. The Sydney consulate is pretty good about answering questions so maybe try and e-mail them and they normally respond within a few days.

Good luck!

Edited by loz9

April 23 2008 - Go, and fail, to file I-130. Told wrong info by Sydney consulate on filing. Must have appointment.

May 21 2008 - Lodged I-130 at Melbourne consulate. Told we are approved and to wait for e-mail from Sydney Consulate on next steps.

July 2 2008 - Packet 3 received from Sydney Consulate by e-mail!!!!!

July 4 2008 - Sent DS-230 parts I and II via express post to Sydney consulate.

July 8 2008 - Sent police check via express post.

July 9 2008 - Medical appointment.

July 23 2008 - Received police check (we were away on vacation so didn't see it til then). It was issued 11 July.

July 30 2008 - FINALLY got medical results back.

July 30 2008 - Sent off Packet 3 via expess post.

August 3 2008 - I (USC) moved back to the US.

August 31 2008 - Receive letter saying we missed our appointment?!? They said they sent original on Aug 6. the appointment was supposed to be on Aug 19.

September 1 2008 - Send request for new appointment via express post

September 2 2008 - Receive new appointment time

September 30 2008 - Final interview appointment - APPROVED!

October 2 2008 - Visa and POE pack received!

October 14 2008 - POE at LAX

October 15 2008 - Back together!

October 24 2008 - Social security card arrived

October 27 2008 - Welcome letter and green card received!

My heart is in Australia.

I found out through the Queensland police that it takes them 2-4 weeks. Not too bad a wait

I wonder how long it takes to get a Medical Check appointment..

DCF Timeline here

POE Timeline

08/24/2008 POE Seattle

08/29/2008 SSN assigned

12/xx/2008 NOA1

01/14/2009 Card mailed

01/xx/2009 Card received

I-751 Timeline

06/07/2010 NOA1

06/09/2010 Check cashed

07/27/2010 Biometrics

07/28/2010 Touch

09/02/2010 Approved

• 2 weeks later...
I wonder how long it takes to get a Medical Check appointment..

Answering my own question.. about a one week wait for an appointment in Brisbane, which is fairly quick I'd say

DCF Timeline here

POE Timeline

08/24/2008 POE Seattle

08/29/2008 SSN assigned

12/xx/2008 NOA1

01/14/2009 Card mailed

01/xx/2009 Card received

I-751 Timeline

06/07/2010 NOA1

06/09/2010 Check cashed

07/27/2010 Biometrics

07/28/2010 Touch

09/02/2010 Approved

• 4 weeks later...

I am nearing the end of my DCF process, and wanted to share some advice for those also hoping to fast track their applications.

- If you have resided in any foreign countries for 6 months or longer since turning 16 you will need to obtain a Police Certificate for that country. Contact the relevant consulate/embassy and lodge an application as early as possible. Some countries such as Japan require 2-3 months processing time so it's better to get started sooner than later.

- At my I-130 appointment the immigration officer told me that it usually takes them 2 weeks to process the Adam Walsh Act check and approve the I-130 - I was lucky and had mine was approved in 1 week.

- After you have filed your I-130 and are awaiting approval, start to prepare the documents you require for Packet 3. This includes DS-230 Parts I and II, I-864 and supporting documents (copies of tax returns, pay slips, evidence of (re-establishing) domicile, etc) and DS-2001. The complete list of documents required for the DS-2001 is available here: http://canberra.usembassy.gov/consular/visas/iv/DS-2001.pdf

- See http://canberra.usembassy.gov/consular/vis...ertificate.html to see what the Police Certificate requirements are in your state. If you require an appointment it may be a good idea to schedule one now.

- See your GP and ask for a copy of your immunization records. Compare your records against http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dq/pdf/ti_vacc.pdf If you are missing any vaccinations you might want to ask your GP to administer them for you now. Also, contact the panel doctor in your city and inquire about how soon an appointment can be scheduled and if you need to prepare anything else for the appointment.

- Once your I-130 is approved and you receive Packet 3, mail off your DS-230 forms to the Consulate. Contact your local Panel Doctor to schedule a medical examination and have your fingerprints taken for your Australian Police Certificate. I had my fingerprints taken the same day as my Packet 3 came and my medical exam 2 days later.

- If you reside in QLD go to your local police station and ask for a police certificate with fingerprints ($142.60). An officer at the station will take your fingerprints and forward your application onto the Police HQ for processing. Specify on the application form that you want them to send the results directly to the Sydney Consulate on your behalf. I was told that it usually takes them 2-3 weeks to process the police check. I followed the instructions on the Consulate's website and waited for the Police department to send me a confirmation that it had been processed but I never received one. So I rang them and it turns out them processed it already within 1 week and had forward it to the Consulate for me.

- The Panel Doctor in Brisbane can usually schedule an appointment for you within a couple days. Allow yourself at least 3 hours to have the medical exam, x-ray and bloodwork done. Results of the x-ray are available within an hour and the blood test results and final medical results envelope is usually ready within 2 working days. The doctor suggests you have the blood test first then have the x-ray but I got lost and wound up at the x-ray clinic first and it worked out better since I saved time (had my blood test while my x-ray results were being prepared).

- Send off your Packet 3 to the Consulate once you have everything together and follow up with an email a few days later. When they reply to confirm this they will say that it may take up to 14 working days to process the documents. It took them about 8 days to schedule my interview and my interview is scheduled for 3 weeks later.

Hope this helps someone :)

DCF Timeline here

POE Timeline

08/24/2008 POE Seattle

08/29/2008 SSN assigned

12/xx/2008 NOA1

01/14/2009 Card mailed

01/xx/2009 Card received

I-751 Timeline

06/07/2010 NOA1

06/09/2010 Check cashed

07/27/2010 Biometrics

07/28/2010 Touch

09/02/2010 Approved

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: Australia
Timeline

I had some questions regarding the DCF, and was reviewing the checklist to clarify my questions, when I came across the requirement that I have to have been a resident of Australia for at least 6 months before filing DCF. I'm bummed about this, but thought before giving up on this approach, I'd at least ask if there is any way around this requirement?

I am divorced and have split custody of my two children, packing up and leaving the US for 6 months just isn't an option, much as I would love to.

Thank you,

Jon

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.