14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hello ,

I have filed my tax for the last 3 years. but last year (2016) is the only year that I made above 125% poverty line. which is around $ 31000 . In  2015 I made $15000 and 2014 $12000 , both below the requirement.

So, Should I just send in the transcript from last year (2016) alone ? or do I send all 3 years ?

I make about $36000 a year right now and I have an employer letter stating that,    Should I find a co-sponsor or for my case is not necessary ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Based on your income in 2016 and this year, it doesn't sound like you need a sponsor.

As for transcripts, I would send in all 3. 

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Timeline
10 minutes ago, usmsbow said:

Based on your income in 2016 and this year, it doesn't sound like you need a sponsor.

As for transcripts, I would send in all 3. 

Thanks for answering,

I'm just worry about it because if the requirement is just send the most recent year. what's the point sending years before and they were below the poverty line. it only makes me look bad , lol.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Mary Bernard said:

Wait so if we make the proverty line 125% we dont need co sponsor?

Correct, you don't need a "joint sponsor".  Remember that current income is not a number found on your 2016 tax return (unless you are self employed).  Current income is calculated based on your gross for a full year at your current pay rate.  I would not send any tax returns or transcripts that don't help your case.  Concentrate on documenting current income with a pay stub, and send a tax return transcript or complete tax return for 2016.  GUZ doesn't care to see old tax returns showing non-qualifying income like the Consulates in India do.  The latest tax return and documentation of correctly stated "current income" is what they are looking for.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
4 minutes ago, jasonjiaqili said:

Thanks for answering,

I'm just worry about it because if the requirement is just send the most recent year. what's the point sending years before and they were below the poverty line. it only makes me look bad , lol.

You look how you look based on the numbers on the affidavit itself, so no need to further document those numbers with older tax returns that don't help your case.  One is enough in your case.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
2 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

You look how you look based on the numbers on the affidavit itself, so no need to further document those numbers with older tax returns that don't help your case.  One is enough in your case.

In that case, I will only send 2016 transcript ,  and since I filed my tax on March this year,  I will send Pay stubs starting April until last pay check.

Does that work ?

Thank you very much!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
16 minutes ago, jasonjiaqili said:

Thanks for answering,

Hey, at least your income is going up every year! Better than the reverse. My general philosophy is better to give too much paperwork than too little. That's the only reason I suggested sending any pre-2016 transcripts. Certainly don't have to. 

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Timeline
Just now, usmsbow said:

Hey, at least your income is going up every year! Better than the reverse. My general philosophy is better to give too much paperwork than too little. That's the only reason I suggested sending any pre-2016 transcripts. Certainly don't have to. 

Agreed, thank you very much for your help.

Timeline
19 minutes ago, jasonjiaqili said:

In that case, I will only send 2016 transcript ,  and since I filed my tax on March this year,  I will send Pay stubs starting April until last pay check.

Does that work ?

Thank you very much!!

Why not look at your pay stub a little more closely.  If it shows year to date income, you really only need to send the most current one.  The USCIS advice to send multiple pay stubs is a couple decades out of date from actual practice.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, jasonjiaqili said:

Hello ,

I have filed my tax for the last 3 years. but last year (2016) is the only year that I made above 125% poverty line. which is around $ 31000 . In  2015 I made $15000 and 2014 $12000 , both below the requirement.

So, Should I just send in the transcript from last year (2016) alone ? or do I send all 3 years ?

I make about $36000 a year right now and I have an employer letter stating that,    Should I find a co-sponsor or for my case is not necessary ?

Anyway, you will fill 2014,2015 & 2106 tax returns info in Affidavit .Even if you don't have Enough Income for those years its fine.

No need co-sponsor for you.. Current Paystubs shows Year to date Income and Employment letter..

Timeline
16 minutes ago, pghknr said:

Anyway, you will fill 2014,2015 & 2106 tax returns info in Affidavit .Even if you don't have Enough Income for those years its fine.

No need co-sponsor for you.. Current Paystubs shows Year to date Income and Employment letter..

Ugg.  With a pay stub you don't need and Employer letter.  The pay stub is actually better evidence of current income than an employer letter.  (Same decades out of date advice on government websites.)  There are never any co-sponsors in immigrant visa cases.  The correct term is Joint Sponsor.  We do often misuse the co-sponsor term for convenience in K1 visa discussions.  I guess it's easier to type than "additional sponsor" which is the correct term in those cases.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Suss&Camm said:

You only use AGI if you are self-employed or if you will file a 1040ez. If you have will file a reg 1040 you will put what you anticipate will be your total income end of 2017, ie what you believe you will put on this year's 1040 line 22 (total income).

I explained this to you already in another thread.

Now , I understood what you are saying and checked my previous year's tax returns.Thanks, Suss&Camm.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline

Since it's not required to send all three tax transcripts.  You didn't make over the 125% 

I would NOT send all three. Only send the most current.  I would also get a employment letter stating your current salary. 

1) Send most current Tax

2) Employment letter with current salary.  (Shouldn't be required, But just incase)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.