15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Please share your experience. I have read they don't make you take off your underwear. What about bra? Are females handle by female doctors? 

Edited by Zurdo

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
1 hour ago, Zurdo said:

Please share your experience. I have read they don't make you take off your underwear. What about bra? Are females handle by female doctors? 

do you mean for medical check for the visa ? yes you take off your bra only .

Timeline

I have scheduled my wife's appointment with Servicios Medicos de la Frontera, I was able to do it online. Additionally, I noticed that I didn't put my wife's second last name until I got the confirmation via email. I contacted them using the chat feature in their website and they helped me out very promptly and fixed my error. Furthermore their website says that they would go pick you up at your hotel, that's another plus for us. I have also read the google reviews from people and I get a feeling that this clinic is more client courteous ( I honestly think,as with everything in life, if you treat people with respect and dignity, they will treat you accordingly). When is your interview? Did you do a 601A? 

Timeline
4 hours ago, J_CPA said:

I have scheduled my wife's appointment with Servicios Medicos de la Frontera, I was able to do it online. Additionally, I noticed that I didn't put my wife's second last name until I got the confirmation via email. I contacted them using the chat feature in their website and they helped me out very promptly and fixed my error. Furthermore their website says that they would go pick you up at your hotel, that's another plus for us. I have also read the google reviews from people and I get a feeling that this clinic is more client courteous ( I honestly think,as with everything in life, if you treat people with respect and dignity, they will treat you accordingly). When is your interview? Did you do a 601A? 

CPA,

We did file 601A and our interview is in about 12 days. Hopefully everything will go well. We will try to be more than prepared. We should be getting Mexican police cert. any minute today via DHL delivery. Though not required according to their guidelines we just want to be safe. Other people here who came at 17 where asked for it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 hours ago, yulizz said:

My husband had a female dr at Servicios Medicos de la frontera. I don't know if there are multiple drs or just her.

What was the over all expirience? Would he recommended that clinic to others? 

Timeline
On 7/3/2017 at 0:19 PM, Zurdo said:

CPA,

We did file 601A and our interview is in about 12 days. Hopefully everything will go well. We will try to be more than prepared. We should be getting Mexican police cert. any minute today via DHL delivery. Though not required according to their guidelines we just want to be safe. Other people here who came at 17 where asked for it.

i too came after my 17 bday my i-601 got approved and my lawyer is prepering the next forms, i am fraking out about the police certificate cuz i got no family members down in my home town, was it listed in the list for the interview? i am sorry the first is off topic, my aunt got her medical at the servicios de la frontera and said it was very respectful personel

Edited by jcor78
off topic

Timeline
35 minutes ago, jcor78 said:

i too came after my 17 bday my i-601 got approved and my lawyer is prepering the next forms, i am fraking out about the police certificate cuz i got no family members down in my home town, was it listed in the list for the interview? i am sorry the first is off topic, my aunt got her medical at the servicios de la frontera and said it was very respectful personel

We got ours from her home state. But I heard some people got to it from this place in CD Juarez. Wife had her medical done already, next week is her interview. I need a sit down and write a separate  review for Services Medicos De La Frontera(The Best, but not the lady the that takes your money). The drives who pick you up and drop you off from hotel, the nurses, all the staff is awesome. But look into getting your police certificate. Maybe someone from you family know someone that can help you.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Zurdo said:

I need a sit down and write a separate  review for Services Medicos De La Frontera(The Best, but not the lady the that takes your money). The drives who pick you up and drop you off from hotel, the nurses, all the staff is awesome.

I will keep my eye out for your review of the clinic. 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

I know the OP has already finished their process, but I thought I would give my review of my experience at SMF for anyone that may come across it and find it helpful. 

First, you go to the entrance and a guard tells you where to sit. Then you wait your turn, and they take your picture (this is used throughout the rest of your medical to identify you). The intake person will ask for your passport, consulate interview letter, and any vaccine records you may have. They give you a number and a sheet of paper to fill out. You will need: info for where you're staying in Juarez, your US domicile and two phone numbers, and your last domicile in Mexico. Once your number is called, you give your documents to the receptionist and they'll send you to the xray exam waiting area. You also get a plastic bracelet with a barcode, they'll use it to identify you as well.

Xrays:

Men and women are separated for the xrays and most of the exam. They'll take you into a hallway sized room with several dressing rooms. There, you'll take your shirt and bra off, and put your hair up into a bun. You'll put on a hospital gown, and they'll call you by name once you're ready. Then, you'll go into the xray room. It's fairly quick. Afterward, you'll get dressed and gather your belongings to go to the next exam. 

Blood test:

The blood test is pretty straight forward. You go in with a group of people and the medics check your bracelet. It's a quick poke and you're out of there fast.

Urine sample:

From the blood test, you walk up the stairs to another waiting area. They'll instruct you where to go to grab your urine sample cup. The medic that scans your bracelet gives you further instructions. Once you're done, you walk over to the exam room waiting area. Women and children go to one area and men to another.

General Exam/Physical:

When your group is called, you go into another little waiting area. They'll weigh and measure you, as well as do an eye exam. If you're a woman, they'll ask if you've had children and have you write down their dates of birth. They also ask if you've had a c-section. Then, each person goes into their own exam room. Here, you'll be asked to undress and put the hospital gown on. You keep your under garments on. The doctor comes in after a little while of waiting, she'll take your blood pressure, look in your ears, check your back, check and ask for tattoos, and that's about it. She asks if you have STDs, if you don't, that's the end of that. I'm not sure what happens if you do.

Vaccines:

After the physical, they'll send you to the vaccine area. If you don't need any vaccines, you're all done! I didn't need any, so I'm not sure what happens if you do need them. I'm guessing, you wait in the little waiting area there to get your vaccines. 

Cashiers: 

Once you're all done, you go back downstairs and pay at the cashiers. They'll tell you what time you need to be back to pick up your results.

Mental Health/Psychologist:

I didn't go to the psychologist, but I did see the area where it is, and have seen on the forums that sometimes people go there. The room for this is next to the vaccines. It doesn't look too intimidating.

Picking up your results:

You are told to pick up your results at a certain time, some people are told 12:30, some 3pm, and some 3:30pm. You go back through the same entrance to the building you went to earlier for your exam. There, you'll wait until they call your name. Once they call your name, you line up to get your results. And then you're hopefully all done with the medical if all goes well.

USCIS

Sent I-130.........05/28/16

USPS Delivered.....05/31/16

Check cashed.......06/03/16

NOA1...............06/03/16

NOA1 (hard copy)...06/10/16

NOA2...............08/08/16

Timeline
2 hours ago, Mrs. Wild said:

I know the OP has already finished their process, but I thought I would give my review of my experience at SMF for anyone that may come across it and find it helpful. 

First, you go to the entrance and a guard tells you where to sit. Then you wait your turn, and they take your picture (this is used throughout the rest of your medical to identify you). The intake person will ask for your passport, consulate interview letter, and any vaccine records you may have. They give you a number and a sheet of paper to fill out. You will need: info for where you're staying in Juarez, your US domicile and two phone numbers, and your last domicile in Mexico. Once your number is called, you give your documents to the receptionist and they'll send you to the xray exam waiting area. You also get a plastic bracelet with a barcode, they'll use it to identify you as well.

Xrays:

Men and women are separated for the xrays and most of the exam. They'll take you into a hallway sized room with several dressing rooms. There, you'll take your shirt and bra off, and put your hair up into a bun. You'll put on a hospital gown, and they'll call you by name once you're ready. Then, you'll go into the xray room. It's fairly quick. Afterward, you'll get dressed and gather your belongings to go to the next exam. 

Blood test:

The blood test is pretty straight forward. You go in with a group of people and the medics check your bracelet. It's a quick poke and you're out of there fast.

Urine sample:

From the blood test, you walk up the stairs to another waiting area. They'll instruct you where to go to grab your urine sample cup. The medic that scans your bracelet gives you further instructions. Once you're done, you walk over to the exam room waiting area. Women and children go to one area and men to another.

General Exam/Physical:

When your group is called, you go into another little waiting area. They'll weigh and measure you, as well as do an eye exam. If you're a woman, they'll ask if you've had children and have you write down their dates of birth. They also ask if you've had a c-section. Then, each person goes into their own exam room. Here, you'll be asked to undress and put the hospital gown on. You keep your under garments on. The doctor comes in after a little while of waiting, she'll take your blood pressure, look in your ears, check your back, check and ask for tattoos, and that's about it. She asks if you have STDs, if you don't, that's the end of that. I'm not sure what happens if you do.

Vaccines:

After the physical, they'll send you to the vaccine area. If you don't need any vaccines, you're all done! I didn't need any, so I'm not sure what happens if you do need them. I'm guessing, you wait in the little waiting area there to get your vaccines. 

Cashiers: 

Once you're all done, you go back downstairs and pay at the cashiers. They'll tell you what time you need to be back to pick up your results.

Mental Health/Psychologist:

I didn't go to the psychologist, but I did see the area where it is, and have seen on the forums that sometimes people go there. The room for this is next to the vaccines. It doesn't look too intimidating.

Picking up your results:

You are told to pick up your results at a certain time, some people are told 12:30, some 3pm, and some 3:30pm. You go back through the same entrance to the building you went to earlier for your exam. There, you'll wait until they call your name. Once they call your name, you line up to get your results. And then you're hopefully all done with the medical if all goes well.

Great review. It is helpful even if it is a guy taking it (in my case). Question about paying. I'm paying, when he is done, will the cashier be in an area I can Access???

Timeline
On 7/30/2017 at 11:51 AM, tab0712 said:

Great review. It is helpful even if it is a guy taking it (in my case). Question about paying. I'm paying, when he is done, will the cashier be in an area I can Access???

He'll go down to the cashier area and can let them know you'll be paying. Then, the guard will let him go get you from the other waiting area. I saw a woman do this while I was there.

USCIS

Sent I-130.........05/28/16

USPS Delivered.....05/31/16

Check cashed.......06/03/16

NOA1...............06/03/16

NOA1 (hard copy)...06/10/16

NOA2...............08/08/16

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.