BVGApeach

July 2017 I-129F Filers

6,727 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Lucy123123 said:

What's everyone's wedding plans??

Plans are still evolving, and will have to be finalized pretty last-minute (as they will for all of us -- if any of you are doing one of those blockbuster, $30K+ weddings, I am dying to know how you're managing to pull that off with the awful timeframes this visa process forces us into).  But as it stands right now it's going to be a simple, family-only secular Buddhist morning ceremony on the boardwalk at the beach, heavily inflected with nods to our mutual favorite anime series, which was the reason we met way back in 2004.  Then everyone will be invited to my favorite pizza place, where they have a party room in the back, for the evening reception.  And I'm just going to sit here in quiet desperation and cling to my hopes that it will be available for the night that we need it in a season full of proms, graduations, communions, etc...  :wacko:

Tell us about yours, too!!!  :D

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, BVGApeach said:

Yes, but some animals cannot hold their waste for that long. Some airlines require a note from the vet certifying that the pet is continent enough to not soil itself during the flight.

Most likely  dont have  to feed the dog when flying 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
15 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

It isn't how long its been active.  It shows when the last update was.  Which app do you have?  In Case Tracker on iPhone you can see the history if you log in.

Are you a July 10 filer?  Your timeline isn't filled out so we can't tell.

Yeah we are July 10 filers. The attachment shows what I see on the app... not much. I have an android but I can't see anywhere where it says case history. I also signed up online at the official uscis page and where it says case history there is no info either... so really have no idea where we are at in this process. 

Screenshot_20180214-131659.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Van & Tiger said:

Plans are still evolving, and will have to be finalized pretty last-minute (as they will for all of us -- if any of you are doing one of those blockbuster, $30K+ weddings, I am dying to know how you're managing to pull that off with the awful timeframes this visa process forces us into).  But as it stands right now it's going to be a simple, family-only secular Buddhist morning ceremony on the boardwalk at the beach, heavily inflected with nods to our mutual favorite anime series, which was the reason we met way back in 2004.  Then everyone will be invited to my favorite pizza place, where they have a party room in the back, for the evening reception.  And I'm just going to sit here in quiet desperation and cling to my hopes that it will be available for the night that we need it in a season full of proms, graduations, communions, etc...  :wacko:

Tell us about yours, too!!!  :D

We have provisionally booked a place for the reception on the 16th June, I hope to have my POE the first week of may. Ceremony could also be there with friends and his family. Dontbwanhz spend a fortune seeing as this process is pretty costly.

1 minute ago, Ty&Nick said:

Yeah we are July 10 filers. The attachment shows what I see on the app... not much. I have an android but I can't see anywhere where it says case history. I also signed up online at the official uscis page and where it says case history there is no info either... so really have no idea where we are at in this process. 

Screenshot_20180214-131659.png

Yep.  That is bizarre.  My app shows days since last status change.  Things are strange right now.  It is an episode of Twilight Zone...

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Please check for personal status online in the uscis website case tracking system if you fall on one of these dates by going here.  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

Midday Scan 2/14/2018  12:30 p.m. USCIS time.

7/10/2018    3/14/2018    Your Current Status: Document Was Mailed
 7/14/2018    2/14/2018    Your Current Status: Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received

Edited by JSCGPV

There are lots of NOA2s coming in mail without an update on case tracker.

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region

USPS INFORMED DELIVERY https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

NVC (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVCClick here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

How to talk to a live person at USCIShttps://goo.gl/54z5bZ

If you cannot get NVC on the phone try this - https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php

Official K1 details and flow

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html

07/21/2017 - Petition Mailed to Dallas, TX.

07/24/2017 - NOA1 Received date. (From Hard Copy notice).

07/26/2017 - NOA1 Notice date. (From Hard Copy notice).

07/31/2017 - NOA 1 Hard copy received in mail

03/26/2018 - NOA 2 Approval

03/30/2018 - NOA 2 Hard copy received in mail

John Gina BW 300.jpg

Timeline
2 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Yep.  That is bizarre.  My app shows days since last status change.  Things are strange right now.  It is an episode of Twilight Zone...

Not fun since even the apps are no good on information. It would be nice to know that our papers are being processed and not lost somewhere on a pile never to be seen... because from what I understand your saying the app is telling us our case was last looked at 5 months ago and not touched Since? Although this could just be a bug...

10 minutes ago, Ty&Nick said:

Not fun since even the apps are no good on information. It would be nice to know that our papers are being processed and not lost somewhere on a pile never to be seen... because from what I understand your saying the app is telling us our case was last looked at 5 months ago and not touched Since? Although this could just be a bug...

The app has always been unreliable.  There are a lot of approvals that show up only in mailboxes.  I believe a few still show "Received" even after the visa has been approved after the interview.

My worse nightmare is having a lost file and ever inquiry I send is followed by a response of "pending assignment to adjudicator". They are ready that off a screen and never bother to actually look for the physical file.  That is where I am right now on day 253.  Yesterday I was told again that my petition is "pending assignment to adjudicator".  Two more days this week and then a 3 day weekend for USCIS (Monday is President's Day).  Tuesday will be day 259.  Then it starts all over again.  It is funny how when we were young (a few months ago) we had a big argument in the June thread about being approved by day 160...oh the good old days.

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

51 minutes ago, Lucy123123 said:

What's everyone's wedding plans??

We're probably going to do something small with my immediate family.

Hard to plan anything bigger with not knowing our timeline (and since her family won't be able to come over).

I've been toying with the idea of a larger reception later for more friends and family once we have more time to plan.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

The app has always been unreliable.  There are a lot of approvals that show up only in mailboxes.  I believe a few still show "Received" even after the visa has been approved after the interview.

My worse nightmare is having a lost file and ever inquiry I send is followed by a response of "pending assignment to adjudicator". They are ready that off a screen and never bother to actually look for the physical file.  That is where I am right now on day 253.  Yesterday I was told again that my petition is "pending assignment to adjudicator".  Two more days this week and then a 3 day weekend for USCIS (Monday is President's Day).  Tuesday will be day 259.  Then it starts all over again.  It is funny how when we were young (a few months ago) we had a big argument in the June thread about being approved by day 160...oh the good old days.

So I signed onto the official uscis page and it says our case was last updated 07/18/2017. (See attachment) That's literally 8 days after we applied and if I'm understanding correctly it's saying that our case hasn't been touched in the last few months? There is also no info under case history....

We have been emailing our lawyer who just tells us there is a backlog and now that they are vetting more because of trump.... now that I'm trying to find info myself it just seems impossible. Could that be correct? Could they have looked at our file 8 days after we applied and not Since?

I'm starting to think our file may also have been lost😭 should we call the Uscis and try obtain some answers? I don't want to do anything that could set us back but I don't want to be forgotten😭

Screenshot_20180214-134455.png

Timeline
30 minutes ago, JSCGPV said:

Please check for personal status online in the uscis website case tracking system if you fall on one of these dates by going here.  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>    https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

Midday Scan 2/14/2018  12:30 p.m. USCIS time.

7/10/2018    3/14/2018    Your Current Status: Document Was Mailed
 7/14/2018    2/14/2018    Your Current Status: Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received

Very slow day at USCIS.... next Monday is Holiday so it will be short week...I would love they can work faster....

16 minutes ago, Ty&Nick said:

So I signed onto the official uscis page and it says our case was last updated 07/18/2017. (See attachment) That's literally 8 days after we applied and if I'm understanding correctly it's saying that our case hasn't been touched in the last few months? There is also no info under case history....

We have been emailing our lawyer who just tells us there is a backlog and now that they are vetting more because of trump.... now that I'm trying to find info myself it just seems impossible. Could that be correct? Could they have looked at our file 8 days after we applied and not Since?

I'm starting to think our file may also have been lost😭 should we call the Uscis and try obtain some answers? I don't want to do anything that could set us back but I don't want to be forgotten😭

I cannot stress enough to you the validity of what I told you on the last page.

Things ARE this slow right now. Your lawyer knows as much as you do, I can promise you that. Also, yes - there hasn't been an update on your file since your NOA1. That is normal until you are approved, or if you have a case opened on your account (Like ours, as I needed to do an address update).

You have not been forgotten. As much as it sucks to hear it, you are exactly where you are supposed to be right now.

Edited by Jaquelly
typo

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Jaquelly said:

I cannot stress enough to you the validity of what I told you on the last page.

Things ARE this slow right now. Your lawyer knows as much as you do, I can promise you that. Also, yes - there hasn't been an update on your file since your NOA1. That is normal until you are approved, or if you have a case opened on your account (Like ours, as I needed to do an address update).

You have not been forgotten. As much as it sucks to hear it, you are exactly where you are supposed to be right now.

Thanks again. I hope this is correct. 

Just now, Ty&Nick said:

Thanks again. I hope this is correct. 

There are 382 pages of people having the same concerns. I know it sucks. It's harsh. It's frustrating. It's gonna come through, though. You're among friends here. Some are a little kinder on their words.... I'm just old and cranky. I want everyone to get approved so we can all gripe together.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
1 hour ago, John & Rose said:

In Case Tracker on iPhone you can see the history if you log in.

@Naes that explains why I couldn't check the history last time... I wasn't login... Probleem fixed for next time... 😎

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.