BVGApeach

July 2017 I-129F Filers

6,727 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
32 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

No. I work for a governmental agency as a consultant. I had a very thorough background check to get my job. Background checks literally only take a few minutes unless they find something they need to check further. If that happens they transfer the petition to the Virginia Service Center. That is usually not good. 

The normal USC background check is putting the name and SSN into a database and any arrests and convictions show up quickly. 

Is the background check for both the petitioner and the beneficiary?

K1 Timeline

01/10/2018: Mailed I-129F from Miami, Fl

01/12/2018: I-129F Received (according to online NOA1)

01/18/2018: Text message with NOA1 info and case number received

01/26/2018: NOA1 Hard Copy

07/27/2018: NOA2 Received :jest:

08/14/2018: NVC Received, Case & Invoice # assigned

08/21/2018: Case in Transit

08/24/2018: Naples Embassy Received (case READY)

09/04/2018: Packet 3 (received after sending them an email inquiring about the Packet)

09/18/2018: Interview, AP 

10/2/2018: Out of AP, Visa Issued

10/4/2018: Visa in Hand

10/18/2018: POE (Miami, Fl)

10/26/2018: Civil Marriage Ceremony

12/29/2018: Wedding Ceremony 

AOS Timeline

11/16/2018: Filed for AOS at Hialeah, Fl office

11/20/2018: Fingerprint Fee Received

12/12/2018: Fingerprints done 

4/25/2019: Interview Ready to Be Scheduled for I-485 

4/30/2019: Notified that Interview was Scheduled 

6/17/2019:  Interview: approved! :dance: (213 days from filing AOS; no EAD or AP)

32 minutes ago, Kristi&Luigi said:

For everyone who is overseas are you waiting this process with your fiance and you guys have a Co sponsor? Or are you just visiting? I'm wondering bc I'm overseas and need a cosponsor and I'm a bit nervous about that... bc I'm currently unemployed :(

I'm living overseas with my fiance and my parents will be our co-sponsor. I have a job here in Romania, but my foreign earned income doesn't count :(

One option we considered was me going back to the US to seek employment for the sponsorship, but my parents volunteered, so I stayed :) 

Mailed I-129F from Romania: 06/29/2017 

NOA1: 07/17/2017

NOA2: 02/03/2018 (paper) ; 02/05/2018 (updated online) 

NVC RECEIVED: 02/15/2018 

NVC CASE # ASSIGNED: 02/20/2018

REC'D AT EMBASSY: 02/21/2018

MEDICAL: 02/26/2018

INTERVIEW: 03/07/2018 (APPROVED!)

VISA ON HAND: 03/12/2018

POE (BOSTON): 04/18/2018

MARRIED: 04/26/2018 

AOS MAILED: 05/11/2018

NOA1: 05/14/2018

BIOMETRICS: 06/15/2018

EAD/AP APPROVED: 12/14/2018

INTERVIEW: 04/04/2019 - Approved! :D

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
54 minutes ago, Rita tim said:

Can any one please check for me WAC1790385676 please pleas I'm going crazy thank you 

its still in pending like  my case and some others

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
46 minutes ago, Kristi&Luigi said:

For everyone who is overseas are you waiting this process with your fiance and you guys have a Co sponsor? Or are you just visiting? I'm wondering bc I'm overseas and need a cosponsor and I'm a bit nervous about that... bc I'm currently unemployed :(

I actually live in the U.K with my fiancé. I will need a Co sponsor as I don’t have US earned income. Thankfully my uncle in the US has agreed to sponsor us. 

Edited by Tracey&Terence

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 hours ago, Kristi&Luigi said:

Well don't leave me out of the insta party! I actually met my fiance on instagram. Did you guys too maybe? :D @Tom & Kylie <3 @Tea_pgtips im asking because I'm wondering if you had to put the terms of service of insta on the i-129f package :o I know people from dating sites did this but insta isn't a dating site so I didn't. ... does anyone know? 

I actually met mine on some weird chat site, Omegle. I didn’t say that we met on a dating site because we didn’t. I think you did the right thing! 💕 

Met 4/19/12, Engaged 8/15/2016, Married sometime in 2018! 

Sent I-129F: 7/24/2017

NOA1: 7/27/2017

NOA2: 2/6/2018

I can't wait to be Mrs. Hook! 

vj.jpg

22 minutes ago, lilit829 said:

Is the background check for both the petitioner and the beneficiary?

The police certificates are for the beneficiary. The background check is for the petitioner. If the police certificates create questions they will ask for more information. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
10 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

The police certificates are for the beneficiary. The background check is for the petitioner. If the police certificates create questions they will ask for more information. 

you and me we both are waiting the problem with me is that I have been to more than 20 countries and i am on waiting because they might be checking all my criminal record :-p  also my fiancee she don't have any criminal record.

Timeline
14 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Ah, okay. So am I understanding correctly: during NOA2 adjudication they check the background of the petitioner and approve/send RFE etc. Then during the interview the beneficiary turns in the police certificates for all the countries they've lived in after age 16. If they see weird things during the interview in the police certificates then they'll put you in AP until they can resolve the questions? 

K1 Timeline

01/10/2018: Mailed I-129F from Miami, Fl

01/12/2018: I-129F Received (according to online NOA1)

01/18/2018: Text message with NOA1 info and case number received

01/26/2018: NOA1 Hard Copy

07/27/2018: NOA2 Received :jest:

08/14/2018: NVC Received, Case & Invoice # assigned

08/21/2018: Case in Transit

08/24/2018: Naples Embassy Received (case READY)

09/04/2018: Packet 3 (received after sending them an email inquiring about the Packet)

09/18/2018: Interview, AP 

10/2/2018: Out of AP, Visa Issued

10/4/2018: Visa in Hand

10/18/2018: POE (Miami, Fl)

10/26/2018: Civil Marriage Ceremony

12/29/2018: Wedding Ceremony 

AOS Timeline

11/16/2018: Filed for AOS at Hialeah, Fl office

11/20/2018: Fingerprint Fee Received

12/12/2018: Fingerprints done 

4/25/2019: Interview Ready to Be Scheduled for I-485 

4/30/2019: Notified that Interview was Scheduled 

6/17/2019:  Interview: approved! :dance: (213 days from filing AOS; no EAD or AP)

Just now, lilit829 said:

Ah, okay. So am I understanding correctly: during NOA2 adjudication they check the background of the petitioner and approve/send RFE etc. Then during the interview the beneficiary turns in the police certificates for all the countries they've lived in after age 16. If they see weird things during the interview in the police certificates then they'll put you in AP until they can resolve the questions? 

That is pretty much how I understand it.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

1 hour ago, Tea_pgtips said:

What do you mean? They just normal custom questions. I’m on the flight right as I’m typing this so I’ll let you know!

For sure. My fiancee is from Canada and they have customs there at the airport before leaving for the states. I assume you will pass customs when you land in the US, correct? If so, I would he interested if they ask you any questions in regards to the K1.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mauritius
Timeline
3 hours ago, Kristi&Luigi said:

Well don't leave me out of the insta party! I actually met my fiance on instagram. Did you guys too maybe? :D @Tom & Kylie <3 @Tea_pgtips im asking because I'm wondering if you had to put the terms of service of insta on the i-129f package :o I know people from dating sites did this but insta isn't a dating site so I didn't. ... does anyone know? 

Me too!!! We met on instagram while I was searching for things to do in Dublin. There he was!! Haha

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
5 minutes ago, amaraimee said:

Me too!!! We met on instagram while I was searching for things to do in Dublin. There he was!! Haha

Awsome :wub: we met out of coincidence I was not planning to visit Romania (or anywherè in europe) until I met him. :D

1 hour ago, Tracey&Terence said:

I actually live in the U.K with my fiancé. I will need a Co sponsor as I don’t have US earned income. Thankfully my uncle in the US has agreed to sponsor us. 

Ok I feel better now about being unemployed :D a tier 2 told me I needed a job... so I got scared but I know those guys aren't well informed so I spoke to my embassy and they were ok with Co sponsor. 

1 hour ago, BVGApeach said:

I'm living overseas with my fiance and my parents will be our co-sponsor. I have a job here in Romania, but my foreign earned income doesn't count :(

One option we considered was me going back to the US to seek employment for the sponsorship, but my parents volunteered, so I stayed :) 

Me too were both waiting here in Romania! I'm gonna stalk your time line badly now. B-) I can imagine our interviews will be so close!! 

21 minutes ago, deepakchani said:

For sure. My fiancee is from Canada and they have customs there at the airport before leaving for the states. I assume you will pass customs when you land in the US, correct? If so, I would he interested if they ask you any questions in regards to the K1.

No.. they’ve never asked me about the k1. I go to visit my fiancé a lot during the process and not once have they asked.

03/01/2019 - USCIS Chicago lockbox received case  for AOS/EAD/AP

03/21/2019 - NOA1 received hard copy via post (Notice date 03/14/2019)

Timeline
3 hours ago, Tea_pgtips said:

Your case still says ‘recieved’

uscis don’t always update the status so that doesn’t mean your case hasn’t been approved yet 

Thank you 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.