BVGApeach

July 2017 I-129F Filers

6,727 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
Just now, John and Janay said:

HA! I was. Now I'm on my mac and there is is! lol 

:) 

tell me anytime even when you're on your phone I'll just copy paste it from my signature

Timeline
10 minutes ago, madiartzer said:

July 5th filer here, the app updated for us today, we got an RFE. How much time on average does this add? I’m feeling really discouraged.

You'll get it 4-10 days

you need to send it back and after that another week for it to reach.

after it reaches there, depending on the nature of the rfe 7-60 days.

60 days is usually the latest (what uscis aim for)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

long time lurker July 13 filer still waiting.  Hiring an attorney does nothing more you ahead don't waste your money.  UCIS is a government bureaucracy with no motivation to do anything. 

2 hours ago, maria85 said:

Now im confused with my 203 days of waiting. We actually hired a lawyer for our k1 visa, If the the NOA2 comes in the mail will it go to our lawyer or to my fiancé(petitioner)? Because he checks his mails once a week or I think omce in 2 weeks. This is really frustrating me now #july10filer #CSC

July 10 filer here, still waiting on approval too. We also have an attorney (we don't have a complicated case, just wanted help with the paperwork), and NOAs are sent to both the attorney and petitioner in our case.  If you received an NOA1 at your address, you can also expect to receive a copy of your next case status update. If you didn't get the NOA1 at your address, maybe check in with your attorney? All the best to you!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, joseph&Mary said:

long time lurker July 13 filer still waiting.  Hiring an attorney does nothing more you ahead don't waste your money.  UCIS is a government bureaucracy with no motivation to do anything. 

I only saw disappointing cases when people hire lawyers... I saw lawyers forget papers, forget to inform people... 

also they know nothing! So yeah waste of money :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Naes said:

You'll get it 4-10 days

you need to send it back and after that another week for it to reach.

after it reaches there, depending on the nature of the rfe 7-60 days.

60 days is usually the latest (what uscis aim for)

Depending on the nature, so if it’s something minor would that give it a smaller wait time or closer to the 60 day wait time?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, madiartzer said:

Depending on the nature, so if it’s something minor would that give it a smaller wait time or closer to the 60 day wait time?

Hopefully yes (who knows what uscis and the adjudicator you got thinks) but usually it takes less than 60 days in k1 (also note that there are people waiting at 30+ days right now-but I can't remember what the rfe was)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
25 minutes ago, madiartzer said:

July 5th filer here, the app updated for us today, we got an RFE. How much time on average does this add? I’m feeling really discouraged.

Well, on the bright side your case got touched. You’ll know what needs to be done. Better to be there than to be kept in the dark for ages like members with May and June cases who are still waiting.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Rangu!! said:

I wish I could know who has my case file, on who's desk is sitting on waiting to be reviewed!!!!!!:angry::angry::angry::angry: I would give them a piece of my mind!!!! :huh::huh:

I just want to give them some peace...

I don't think (or don't want to think) they're playing around. I just reviewed last year's petitions and backlogs (they report it on their site) it is so big of a gap from previous in some areas.. 

Timeline

@SilverMonk

hey

so I couldn't find it (I talk a lot so it is hard to find...sigh)

these are the reasons I came up with after research and reading whatever I can find:

1) administration wants more scrutiny. 

So they send more rfes comparing to previous years. This has been in the reports of uscis and immigration researchers too. Hence we see really weird rfes this year, people get rfe for things they sent (this happened a lot)

2) administrations immigration policy scared people, this caused more naturalization petitions (I believe the number was around 700.000 more than normal years. Also h-1b and daca scare added to this number

3) federal freeze stopped them from increasing the headcount of employees, and if they change 1 employee they only end up with a newbie so less veterans on the job (also why we get really weird rfes recently)

4) the year of elections usually happens like this and we see an increase in petitions. However researchers also say this normally stops right after the election. However this year it didn't.

5) they increased the fees and also caused more people to apply. However this also caused more rejected files because people sent the wrong fee especially during the transition. Also the forms changed this year, causing again rejections and more rfes (especially for g-325a in April May)

This is what I can remember at the moment. :) 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Any daily scans ( =

There are lots of NOA2s coming in mail without an update on case tracker.

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region

USPS INFORMED DELIVERY https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

NVC (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVCClick here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

How to talk to a live person at USCIShttps://goo.gl/54z5bZ

If you cannot get NVC on the phone try this - https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php

Official K1 details and flow

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html

07/21/2017 - Petition Mailed to Dallas, TX.

07/24/2017 - NOA1 Received date. (From Hard Copy notice).

07/26/2017 - NOA1 Notice date. (From Hard Copy notice).

07/31/2017 - NOA 1 Hard copy received in mail

03/26/2018 - NOA 2 Approval

03/30/2018 - NOA 2 Hard copy received in mail

John Gina BW 300.jpg

Timeline
2 minutes ago, IrinaPim said:

guys, is there another forum that helps with steps after NOA2? or we stay here?

Are you using your phone or computer?

yes it is relevant :) 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Nafisa & Bryce said:

July 10 filer here, still waiting on approval too. We also have an attorney (we don't have a complicated case, just wanted help with the paperwork), and NOAs are sent to both the attorney and petitioner in our case.  If you received an NOA1 at your address, you can also expect to receive a copy of your next case status update. If you didn't get the NOA1 at your address, maybe check in with your attorney? All the best to you!

Same reason here why we got a lawyer. My fiancé is not into these paperworks and since it must be filed from his end so we decided to get a lawyer to make sure all is taken cared of. The pictures (photo album that is),the tickets and other stuff i compiled and all he needed to was hand it over to the lawyer. I just didnt check if he got a NOA1 copy mailed to him, it was our lawyer who emailed me a copy of the NOA1. Enjoy the rest of your week! 

Edited by maria85

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.