BVGApeach

July 2017 I-129F Filers

6,727 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Daniel P said:

Actually reality is much better since there's more approved cases in total, hence higher %. As for average, I'd say it wouldn't vary that much even if all approved cases were present.

I do understand that reality is better, but is it "much" better?  Is there any data out there to suggest the degree of difference between what we are able to pull from USCIS and reality?  I wish I had some statistician training, because I think looking at, say, a past month (May or June), tallying approvals, cross-referencing those approvals against what USCIS' online data shows, and extrapolating the information we know against what we infer would be really interesting and useful.  Then we would have an idea of whether reality is a little or a lot better than what we're able to see from USCIS' online updates.

For my part, I'm going to quietly hope that those approval percentage numbers you posted are on the order of 25+% too low.

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Van & Tiger said:

I do understand that reality is better, but is it "much" better?  Is there any data out there to suggest the degree of difference between what we are able to pull from USCIS and reality?  I wish I had some statistician training, because I think looking at, say, a past month (May or June), tallying approvals, cross-referencing those approvals against what USCIS' online data shows, and extrapolating the information we know against what we infer would be really interesting and useful.  Then we would have an idea of whether reality is a little or a lot better than what we're able to see from USCIS' online updates.

For my part, I'm going to quietly hope that those approval percentage numbers you posted are on the order of 25+% too low.

I don't know what the real difference is, that "much" better might just be on the optimistic side. The only thing I can say with certainty is that those percentages are higher in reality. Maybe @Naes have some idea of the approximate amount of non updated cases and can extrapolate from there.

Edited by Daniel P

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey everyone, all the best with approvals this week comming, this probably gets asked all the time but where can i find the nvc excel sheet to fill out and have a look on the times its taking etc? 

Thanks heaps

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
7 minutes ago, OCWESLEY17 said:

Hey everyone, all the best with approvals this week comming, this probably gets asked all the time but where can i find the nvc excel sheet to fill out and have a look on the times its taking etc? 

Thanks heaps

I-129F NOA2 to NVC Receive Time Tracker - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k57PdywNRpUqytomJxMzz6_7DsMqpi52DgnaYt9FyC8/edit?usp=sharing

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Naes said:

Hey guys

I just wanted to send my best wishes as for me it is already a Monday, and it is a Monday here in japan without uscis.. so I like Tuesdays better in my case 🤣

It is snowing here so it is also a crazy day!

just wanted to add that yes july started later than even June but (we don't have enough data prove yet) but it also looks like it started stronger than June's first 2 weeks! June didn't see barely reach 100s in the first two weeks!

lets still keep it realistic but hopes up! Mouths also upwards: this is how it goes :) 

good luck in a full week (and well I don't want to be this evil but department of labor is kind of closed because of shutdown so let's hope uscis will be coming our way to fiancé and spouse visas!) 

Hello,Naes.  It's Monday for me too. And it's -40 by Celsius 😊 so I guess we are winter ppl. Going by bus to another city about like 6 hours. Hope it won't stop somewhere🤣 Please tell me how USCIS and department of labor are actually connected? I mean what this shutdown has to do with USCIS? Thought USCIS is not affected by this shutdown. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, SAD2017 said:

Hello,Naes.  It's Monday for me too. And it's -40 by Celsius 😊 so I guess we are winter ppl. Going by bus to another city about like 6 hours. Hope it won't stop somewhere🤣 Please tell me how USCIS and department of labor are actually connected? I mean what this shutdown has to do with USCIS? Thought USCIS is not affected by this shutdown. 

Uscis is not affected but visas related to labor is, because they need their approval from department of labor ;)

and my tears goes out to you for -40!

the worst I ever had was -25! And there was no food home. I seriously debated on going hungry or going out to buy something and freeze myself (food won btw)

Edited by Naes

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Naes said:

Uscis is not affected but visas related to labor is, because they need their approval from department of labor ;)

and my tears goes out to you for -40!

the worst I ever had was -25! And there was no food home. I seriously debated on going hungry or going out to buy something and freeze myself (food won btw)

😂 hahaha that's very difficult choice really. Especially if someone smart stays without glucose for brain. 

What I'm thinking is maby there is some person here who can just hack system? I mean statistics is very useful tool but legal if you understand what I'm saying😂

Timeline
7 minutes ago, SAD2017 said:

😂 hahaha that's very difficult choice really. Especially if someone smart stays without glucose for brain. 

What I'm thinking is maby there is some person here who can just hack system? I mean statistics is very useful tool but legal if you understand what I'm saying😂

Well also with uscis involved I would expect a month of delay in the hacking process 🤣😂😂😂

Edited by Naes

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Naes said:

Well also with uscis involved I would expect a month of delay in the process 🤣😂😂😂

😂😂😂 ah ... yeah maby that's just because they are using iron or boiler instead of PC. Which guarantees perfect protection😊

Timeline
1 minute ago, Naes said:

Whenever I think of uscis I imagine those old big white (got yellowish through the time) screens and some floppy disks involved🤣

Yeah just some kind of time machine. Guess soon we will receive our NOA 2 by dove mail. 🤣

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
7 hours ago, Jeff_9802 said:

When my fiance and I applied back in July, I thought there was a chance we would be approved by the end of 2017, which would have been 5 months.  Now it looks more and more like it will be February.  We are late July (the 25th).  In fact, today is 180 days according to the app.

Same date here and still waiting, this site make me feel better...THANKS!!!! (181 days now) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.