BVGApeach

July 2017 I-129F Filers

6,727 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
33 minutes ago, amaraimee said:

I'm going to attach a few links for you to use. These can be found under the "Guides" tab at the tippy top of the page.

1. A flow chart of each step needed for the K-1 Visa from beginning to end. http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow

2. Here is a step by step guide http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

This is taken from the guide in case you aren't able to open it. It lists the requirements for the actual K-1 Visa itself, which is what you're preparing for

1. A copy of the entire I-129f package (that you made when you sent the petition in) and a copy of information that you sent back due to an RFE (if you received one). Your fiance should review this information in advance of the interview (the embassy will have copies of this as well).
2. Send copies of the documentary proof that you submitted with the I-129F for your fiance to have on hand for their interview at the embassy. Your fiance should review this information in advance of the interview (the embassy will have copies of this as well).
3. Send an original letter affirming your desire to marry your fiance and your continued support of the K-1 Visa. Sign and date the form. This will be similar to the letter you provided with the I-129F, but dated much closer to the interview (it will have most likely been several months since you submitted your I-129F).
4. I-134 Affidavit of Support form. Ensure it is signed, with all required supporting evidence. Begin collecting the required information ahead of time, as it can often take several weeks to collect it all.
5. You will need several items (for the above form). Gather duplicate evidence of income and resources as appropriate: 

(A) Statement from an officer of the bank/financial institution with your deposits, identifying the following: 1. date account opened; 2. total amount deposited for the past year; 3. present balance 
(B) Statement(s) from your employer on business stationary showing: 1. Date and nature of employment; 2. salary paid; 3. whether position is temporary or permanent (also include copies of your last two pay stubs and your previous W-2 for the associated employer if available) 
(C) If Self Employed: 1. Copy of last income tax return filed (or IRS transcripts); or 2. report of commercial rating concern 
(D) List containing serial numbers and denominations of bonds and name of record owner(s). 

Begin collecting these ASAP after your NOA2 arrives. See this FAQ for more tips and useful information on the Affidavit of Support Form.
6. A copy of the NOA2 that you received in the mail. (backup information; the embassy will have copies of this as well)

Proof of your ongoing relationship. This needs to be taken to the interview! Include photos, travel documents, emails, online chat logs (pick several over the prior few months), etc.. from between the time you filed and present (NOA1 until date-now).

Examples: Copies of land line and cell phone bills, appropriate emails and letters you have sent including the stamps on envelopes (to document the date they were sent), and other written documentary proof. Provide a reasonable amount; two to four of each type. Pick a range of dates up to and including the present. You can also include a copy of engagement ring receipt (this is something that is a big optional - do not worry if you do not have a ring yet!)

I hope this is what you're looking for! It may be a bit much but I think it can help others who are lurking and needing assistance :)

So we have to do all this while it's at the NVC? Not when it comes to the embassy? 

3 minutes ago, Kat&Joel said:

Naw mate, I got a call from USCIS tier 2 this morning.  It's Saturday in America so I was REALLY surprised.  I still can't believe what they told me so I'm waiting to make the announcement until I see the app update or a letter in the mail.  This could mean that some people are getting mailed updates instead of app updates for July applications though so that's good news!!! CHECK YOUR MAIL MATES!!! CHECK YOUR MAIL!!!!!  

Btw, why did they call you? Did you ring them first?

03/01/2019 - USCIS Chicago lockbox received case  for AOS/EAD/AP

03/21/2019 - NOA1 received hard copy via post (Notice date 03/14/2019)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Kat&Joel said:

Naw mate, I got a call from USCIS tier 2 this morning.  It's Saturday in America so I was REALLY surprised.  I still can't believe what they told me so I'm waiting to make the announcement until I see the app update or a letter in the mail.  This could mean that some people are getting mailed updates instead of app updates for July applications though so that's good news!!! CHECK YOUR MAIL MATES!!! CHECK YOUR MAIL!!!!!  

I hope it is true. You deserve it! I've been following your story, and I was hoping you'd hear soon!

Our K1 Journey
I-129f Received: July 17, 2017
NOA1: July 20, 2017
NOA2: February 2, 2018 (200 days from NOA1)

Webp.net-resizeimage (1).jpg*I left my heart in Brazil* (L)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

I rang them first last weekend and I had to wait for a call back.  I missed the first call but they called back again today.

I-129F Sent: July 5th 2017  

I-129F NOA2: January 19th 2018

Interview date: March 8th 2018 - Result is APPROVED!!! 

POE USA: April 23rd 2018

Marriage: May 18th 2018

AOS NOA1: May 30th 2018

AOS Biometrics: June 21st 2018

EAD Received Date: June 07 2018

EAD NOA1: June 13th 2018

EAD Biometrics: July 6th 2018

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview as of October 11th 2018

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Lucy123123 said:

So we have to do all this while it's at the NVC? Not when it comes to the embassy? 

You have to complete this and then send copies (and possibly originals) to the K1 beneficiary prior to the interview.  Since it could take a while to complete this list and mail originals, it is recommend that you get started as soon as you get the NOA2.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mauritius
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Lucy123123 said:

I would, yes. You never know how long it will take to get this information from the bank, etc. It's better to start preparing as soon as you get your NOA2. When it comes to the embassy, it is time for you to apply for the actual K-1 Visa, all of the requirements listed above are needed to do this.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mauritius
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Kat&Joel said:

Heee hee hee.  I have some news but I can't share it because I don't want to jinx it omg I'm in shock.  I need to wait a few days to make sure that I'm not in a hallucination.

BUT wait, now you HAVE TO TELL US. APPROVAL?!

I'm going to ring them on Monday morning if I've not heard anything. I'll be sure to ask for a supervisor. :) Congratulations in advance!

Timeline
35 minutes ago, Jaquelly said:

I'm going to ring them on Monday morning if I've not heard anything. I'll be sure to ask for a supervisor. :) Congratulations in advance!

After they give you the June 1st spiel, just say "may I please speak to someone who can tell me if my case has been assigned or if the background check has been completed?" and then they'll either transfer you to tier 2 or arrange for tier 2 to call you back.  That's exactly what I said to them and they called me back.  Took them 7 days but they did eventually call back.  Also, some of the approvals aren't coming up on the app for some reason.  I dunno what that's all about.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Every time I call I get the same scripted answer. How are you guys getting to a supervisor and call backs? 

Let me in on the secret?! 

We’re July 5 NOA1 and I’m going crazy! 

Timeline
19 minutes ago, John and Janay said:

Every time I call I get the same scripted answer. How are you guys getting to a supervisor and call backs? 

Let me in on the secret?! 

We’re July 5 NOA1 and I’m going crazy! 

They told me that they were working on June 1st cases.  I listened to their spiel and then I basically ignored what they said and replied with "can you please transfer me to someone who would know if my case was assigned or if the background check has been completed?" and then I got transferred to tier 2.  They may have to give you a call back but they tried calling me 3 times so they do make an attempt to get a hold of you.  Also, since they are working weekends now it might be easier to get through.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Kat&Joel said:

They told me that they were working on June 1st cases.  I listened to their spiel and then I basically ignored what they said and replied with "can you please transfer me to someone who would know if my case was assigned or if the background check has been completed?" and then I got transferred to tier 2.  They may have to give you a call back but they tried calling me 3 times so they do make an attempt to get a hold of you.  Also, since they are working weekends now it might be easier to get through.

And then ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Kat&Joel said:

I rang them first last weekend and I had to wait for a call back.  I missed the first call but they called back again today.

can i have the phone numbers you use to call them?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.