BVGApeach

July 2017 I-129F Filers

6,727 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
13 minutes ago, amaraimee said:

Hello everyone!
I have (another) question! I prefer to ask my questions in here because I like all of you & you're nice lol

I'm trying to gather all of the necessary paperwork and whatnot for our interview (not scheduled yet, but our case is at the embassy)

I'm having my dad sponsor my fiance. I made more than the 125% above poverty, but my dad makes much, much more than me and I want 0 complications. With that being said, do we still fill out the I-134 or is there a different form? Do we both have to get letters from our employer/bank or just him? I'm so lost at this point, I can't even think straight haha

THANK YOU in advance!

Same form

each needs to fill out (some questions answers are different) as they may ask or may not accept a co-sponsor (all maybes) I would get the same set of evidence for both of you.

they may ask you why you brought a co-sponsor when you make enough yourself (heard some people asked but that's it) 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Hamidra said:

Feb 5th here, i call them today and the lady said just got my case today so take up to 2 weeks to be in the system and and have number ..but will call again tomorrow and try maybe i can get number

Two weeks before  i call them and they told me same thing and still nothing

3 minutes ago, Bah90 said:

Please let us know what Tier 2 said. 

What did you ask to get tier 2 to call you back?

Tier 2 just called back! They said our case hasn’t been assigned yet and we should hear something back in 15 days.... 

how accurate is this? Urgh 

My fiancé just told tier one to transfer us to tier two and that’s what happened
Edited by Tea_pgtips

03/01/2019 - USCIS Chicago lockbox received case  for AOS/EAD/AP

03/21/2019 - NOA1 received hard copy via post (Notice date 03/14/2019)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mauritius
Timeline
1 hour ago, Naes said:

Same form

each needs to fill out (some questions answers are different) as they may ask or may not accept a co-sponsor (all maybes) I would get the same set of evidence for both of you.

they may ask you why you brought a co-sponsor when you make enough yourself (heard some people asked but that's it) 

Ok! So, we each fill out a separate 1-134 and if they don't accept a co-sponsor then they'll just take my documents and proof? If I make enough should I even bother with a co-sponsor?

Timeline
11 minutes ago, amaraimee said:

Ok! So, we each fill out a separate 1-134 and if they don't accept a co-sponsor then they'll just take my documents and proof? If I make enough should I even bother with a co-sponsor?

Just have both sets, cause even if they accept the co-sponsor they may (most likely) want yours too.

because when it's a co-sponsor , it is not the petitioner so they want that info too (not always but too risky not to)

I don't know about your specific case, so yes it's bothersome but if you're worried, I'd say just getting the papers ready would be easier.

Timeline
28 minutes ago, Tea_pgtips said:

Tier 2 just called back! They said our case hasn’t been assigned yet and we should hear something back in 15 days.... 

how accurate is this? Urgh 

My fiancé just told tier one to transfer us to tier two and that’s what happened

Well I've never heard a 15 days one so maybe it actually is legit... 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mauritius
Timeline

i am currently waiting for the embassy to send me an email i.e packet 3 and the link to schedule the interview. I've emailed them and they replied that i should wait for them to process and send the next intructions. Does any one know how much time it takes,? im tired of waiting and changing dates that ive planned.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Naes said:

Yeah but this is a good thing.

as july is out of normal processing times, you can make an inquiry online.

but then again we already know they're doing june actively so I don't know if an inquiry helps much 

Inquiry does nothing because need to wait for 30 days hell

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Oh just a FYI,

Our cases is now at the embassy (thank god!) but now we are facing another challenge of gathering all the documents needed. Since my finacee traveled somewhat, she needs official police records from each country she stayed in for more than a certain time....

The kicker, each country has different processing time for this official documents......

Question; does the NOA2 approval time limit apply to this gathering documentation process? or if the embassy got the case, we are good?

Timeline
28 minutes ago, LazyPug said:

Oh just a FYI,

Our cases is now at the embassy (thank god!) but now we are facing another challenge of gathering all the documents needed. Since my finacee traveled somewhat, she needs official police records from each country she stayed in for more than a certain time....

The kicker, each country has different processing time for this official documents......

Question; does the NOA2 approval time limit apply to this gathering documentation process? or if the embassy got the case, we are good?

Is it offical requirement  for interview to have document of police clearnce ?

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Faisal1 said:

Is it offical requirement  for interview to have document of police clearnce ?

Yes it is.

if you stayed in a country longer than 6 months after age of 16. (America excluded) and some embassies may ask different times so check the embassy.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Naes said:

Yes it is.

if you stayed in a country longer than 6 months after age of 16. (America excluded) and some embassies may ask different times so check the embassy.

Here they say only in brazil we need two certificate but lets see when i get approval i will see.. because i have been to more than 20 countries ... 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.