zeta054

I-751 July 2017 Filers

3,068 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Still waiting on green card.  Vermont Service center for I-751.  Filed July 25, 2017, Pittsburgh field office.  Current extension letter expires October 24, 2018.   Been staying quit but am starting to get pissed off.  Will look for an Infopass appointment in Pittsuburgh or Philadelphia PA starting next Tuesday if we don't have an extension letter or some sign by Tuesday Morning

Everyone please stop worrying about the notice change. 

Some people who applied for the N400 got this. Some other people who did not apply for the N400 got this. 

I did not apply for the N400 and received the same notice. The reality is most people get approved without an interview and without an RFE so please stop making yourself worried. 

The most obvious answer is that it means our files are now being looked at and another office has the authority to make a decision on it. Note that this coincides with the fact all new people currently applying have been told to apply to different locations/addresses to how we did all those months ago. Clearly it's to try and ease the pressure on CSC/VSC.

I personally think they are just moving cases around to ease the backlog and this just means our cases are being reviewed. It does not mean anything bad!

Edited by SAS007

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
7 hours ago, zeta054 said:

I remember seeing some transferred to NBC then card being produced. Who knows let’s keep good spirits up and pray for the best

I literally didn’t sleep over it lol

5 hours ago, SAS007 said:

Some people who applied for the N400 got this. Some other people who did not apply for the N400 got this. 

I did not apply for the N400 and received the same notice. The reality is most people get approved without an interview and without an RFE so please stop making yourself worried. 

The most obvious answer is that it means our files are now being looked at and another office has the authority to make a decision on it. Note that this coincides with the fact all new people currently applying have been told to apply to different locations/addresses to how we did all those months ago. Clearly it's to try and ease the pressure on CSC/VSC.

I personally think they are just moving cases around to ease the backlog and this just means our cases are being reviewed. It does not mean anything bad!

Spot on @SAS007 This is a good sign, the multiple service centers for filing and case transfers are to ease the processing workload on CSC. CSC is transferring cases from July 2017 so that they can begin working on August/September 2017 cases, the goal is to keep up to par with VSC and stick within a 12 month processing timeline.

35 minutes ago, Mrs_Lyds said:

I literally didn’t sleep over it lol

I don’t sleep over any notifications you guys receive 😐

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
6 hours ago, SAS007 said:

I agree, I've been poking around at the forums in other months and it doesn't seem to indicate anything specific when people get this notice. Some had interview and I know I saw some that didn't and some either didn't update or are still waiting. 

Can't say for sure, but it would make sense that they are just trying to balance the workload to ease the wait times.

Exciting to finally see some changes and updates! My case hasn't been touched since February (so says the site), or April (so says the email updates). I'll just keep waiting 😩

--------------------------

K-1 Visa Timeline

--------------------------

04/21/2014: Submitted I-129F

05/29/2014: NOA2 via email

01/20/2015: Visa Received

03/15/2015: POE

04/01/2015: Married!! (L)

04/11/2015: Submitted AOS / EAD / AP

10/09/2015: Green Card Approved

07/20/2017: Submitted I-751 ROC

07/27/2017: NOA1 Received

10/14/2017: Biometrics Waived

10/27/2018: ROC Approved

I am a july filer from CSC as well,  but I didn't get a notification. 

I wouldn't worry though, like multiple people have said in here, it looks more like an administrative move to ease the backlog rather than anything else. We should be getting close to approvals however based on timelines. So be patient :)

3 minutes ago, Oliver Heartmont said:

You’re all worrying too much, I’m still waiting since June 13, 2017 (Vermont Filer).

464 days. 15 months and two weeks.

Actually 15 months and one* week. whats up with the senator? Are they really going to help you? 😑

Edited by NYCBoy

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
8 minutes ago, NYCBoy said:

Actually 15 months and one* week. whats up with the senator? Are they really going to help you? 😑

I think until the 16.5 month time frame , he/she can't contact senator. They will get the same response " still within normal processing time". This is just ridiculous. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, DaveNot said:

It seems as if Vermont is doing 4-5 cases per day in my ticket number range. E.g: 001,002,003 so on.

Hahahaha I agree . I think they didn't even touch my case. Last update 4/9/18 Case was Received at  local office .  

Well, it does seem they are working on mixed months. The 276 range is mostly completed, but the 290 range has 38 cases approved, so it is variable. I am in the 290 range and they seem to be processing 4-5 per day.

7 minutes ago, DaveNot said:

It seems as if Vermont is doing 4-5 cases per day in my ticket number range. E.g: 001,002,003 so on.

I Noticed they recently  touched a couple of cases starting Eac17306

Timeline
2 minutes ago, DaveNot said:

Well, it does seem they are working on mixed months. The 276 range is mostly completed, but the 290 range has 38 cases approved, so it is variable. I am in the 290 range and they seem to be processing 4-5 per day. 

Can I please ask what is 276 and 290 range.? My 3 digit is 17315

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.