dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview August 2017

1,556 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
20 minutes ago, simonx32002 said:

Good Morning all.. Just out curiosity what does the NVS mean by priority date must also be current.

For CR-1/IR-1 it means nothing.  CR-1s/IR-1s  have immediate priority .

Edited by missileman

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, simonx32002 said:

missileman . Oh ok got it. Ill ignore it then. Thanks

Did you hear anything from NVC? I call them yesterday and they notified that they are still waiting on the consulate to release their dates. I later CDJ later during the day and the replied telling me that they are waiting for NVC to send the case to them. Ga, it's like a back and forth thing.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, RamStu said:

Did you hear anything from NVC? I call them yesterday and they notified that they are still waiting on the consulate to release their dates. I later CDJ later during the day and the replied telling me that they are waiting for NVC to send the case to them. Ga, it's like a back and forth thing.

@RamStu . I just got today my email confirmation that my case is C.C. Other than that no word on NVC or CDJ. I didnt know you can call CDJ good to know that in case in the future i need to talk to them. Maybe this week we wll get our interviews set up. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
2 hours ago, green line2017 said:

i find this solution yesterday  thanks a lot,  Peace :jest::D:D:rolleyes::) .

Thanks Green line. Looks like this will be the new one of sorting... Can you review my instructions? I just updated them, want to see if they're ok. Any suggestions are welcome. ;) 

Here are the sort instructions

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tanzania
Timeline
On 7/23/2017 at 11:08 PM, JBMG said:

wow.. how crazy is that.. you're having your interview exactly 1 year from your USCIS priority date.. has been a long journey for you. Just a few more days. 

Yup exactly a year... can't finally wait to be with my hubby after a whole year

Timeline
58 minutes ago, simonx32002 said:

@RamStu . I just got today my email confirmation that my case is C.C. Other than that no word on NVC or CDJ. I didnt know you can call CDJ good to know that in case in the future i need to talk to them. Maybe this week we wll get our interviews set up. 

Is this the email that tells you that your case is in queue and awaiting for an interview date to be assigned by the embassy? 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, RamStu said:

Is this the email that tells you that your case is in queue and awaiting for an interview date to be assigned by the embassy? 

Yes exactly email says : The applicant is now in the queue awaiting an interview appointment overseas, where a consular officer

will adjudicate the applicant’s visa application.  

Thats all ive gotten so far from NVC.
4 minutes ago, Jcattachony said:

I got yesturday a email saying that that my case is in queque awaiting an interview appointment 

I got mine today. At least we are moving forward. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
10 hours ago, abfar said:

Approved. :) 

Still can't believe this is real.

I reached the diplomatic shuttle station in Islamabad around 5.30am. They don't let anybody in until 6 so you've to wait outside the station gate.

It started raining so we were let in a bit early. The station staff was late but finally started issuing Bus/Car travel vouchers by 6.05am.

I paid 1000 PKR for the car but you can also go in bus for 500 PKR (5 USD)

Then 15 more mins wait on the mobile collection counter as the employee was yet to report for duty. I was given another receipt while they took my phone.

The car voucher also lets you in the slightly better waiting area. That's where I waited. around 6.40am you can pass through the security check and can get into the Cars. 4 passengers per car.  Unlike the station's overall condition, the cars were comfortable and very clean. They travel in a Caravan of 5-10 cars.

2,3 mins drive to the outer gate of the Red Zone (fenced diplomatic area where all embassies are), there's another 5-10 mins of wait while the cars are checked for security and your travel voucher will be checked.

Then another 5 minutes drive in the Red Zone and you're at the US embassy.

There were over 50 people waiting outside the first security scanner just outside the embassy building. Too many people for such an early appointment. After a while, we were asked to form two lines and I was able to get through the checkpost as one of the first 5 people. They will check your appointment letter here.

Then a walk next to embassy wall to the embassy gate. An airport like scanner. Once past, were were given our Tokens. Luckily I was the second person for interview token-wise. Inside, we were guided where to sit and how to proceed to each counter. Within 10 minutes the Counters were ready (around 7.30am) and I was called for Finger prints. They also gave us the domestic violence brochure. (I have rights! and I know it!)

5 minutes after that, called for documents collection. The pakistani lady who collected the documents was kind and friendly. She smiled over one of the mistakes we made in ds260. 

Back to waiting, 5 minutes later, I was called as the first person for interview. The american CO was friendly. They asked:

CO: Who is calling you?

Me: ans

CO: What does your wife do?

CO: What do you do?

CO: Name of the company?

CO: Was the marriage arranged or love marriage?

CO: Who arranged it.

CO: How many people were at your wedding?

CO: Do you have any photos of the wedding?

*I gave them the whole album, which had all our photos in chronological order. They see the marriage, then our honey and finally our family pics with our child*

CO: Do you have a child?

Me: yes, she's x years old.

CO: Do you have any proof documents?

Me: Yes, I have the US birth certificate. * I hand it over *

CO: *examines it thoroughly, matches my name from child's birth cert with my own birth cert*

CO: *smiles* Mubarak Ho (Congratulations) *in urdu*

*I'm not sure if its for saying congrats on having the child or for approval*

Me: Thank you. 

CO: You will receive your passport in 2 weeks

Me: I also have a correction statement for a DS260 mistake.

*I hand it over*

I then left the embassy. I then walked to one of the waiting Cars, showed them my voucher and they took me back to the shuttle station. It was about 5-8 mins drive. 

I was back at the shuttle station by 8.30am as I can see in chat logs thats when I called my wife and everyone also started calling me phone around that time. Gave my wife a mini heart attack when I told her they didn't keep my passport and asked me to wait 2 months. xD

ONE THING I missed:  We got a checklist for 2016 W2. The CO never asked for it and I forgot to mention it. Is this going to be an issue? Should I contact the embassy for that?

Thank you visa journey and all the couples who contribute. You've all been a tremendous help. Kudos to JBMG for the spreadsheet initiative. It was a ray of home back when waiting NVC 11 weeks felt like a lifetime of pain.

Congratulations Abbas!

Man you are so lucky. Got done so quickly. And giving the wife the mini heart attack is so much fun LOL 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, simonx32002 said:

Yes exactly email says : The applicant is now in the queue awaiting an interview appointment overseas, where a consular officer

will adjudicate the applicant’s visa application.  

Thats all ive gotten so far from NVC.

I got mine today. At least we are moving forward. 

Here is the link to send an email for the CDJ embassy:

https://mx.usembassy.gov/public-inquiry-form-immigrant-visas-residents/

Hopefully we receive an interview notification this week. I"m already at 17 days after CC without an interview date and have passed all my predecessors in the NVC 2017 spreadsheet.

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
1 hour ago, JBMG said:

Thanks Green line. Looks like this will be the new one of sorting... Can you review my instructions? I just updated them, want to see if they're ok. Any suggestions are welcome. ;) 

Here are the sort instructions

I will try this but not now  maybe later  Thanks .:rolleyes: 

Yes it works that way :rolleyes:

Edited by green line2017

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
37 minutes ago, green line2017 said:

I will try this but not now  maybe later  Thanks .:rolleyes: 

Yes it works that way :rolleyes:

Now try to do the magic whit CC and interview date on EB 'S  ..AND YOU  BE THE BEST WIZARD IN WORLD :jest::jest::dance::lol::dancing::dancing::dancing: AND I GIVE YOU A BEER  CHEERS. :D:D:D:D YOU   KNOW WHO YOU ARE .

Okay  do this magic after 8 days   after 8.2.2017 :dance:

Edited by green line2017

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.