dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview August 2017

1,556 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
1 hour ago, green line2017 said:

Is someone have problem with sort of spread sheet  when i try to sort  to  visa cat. then all information no longer  present  .??:dance: this is  good Sign

Thank you, JBMG:dancing:

Hi, @SabRob and her husband have been working on the spreadsheet to get it automated. :) This way i don't have to sort it, or copy/paste formulas each time there is a new entry.  I noticed the sorting problem as well, not sure what's going on but SabRob is looking for a solution to fix it.... Meanwhile, you can go to "file" "make a copy"..  Within that copied version, you can sort it.. It's not practical but a short term solution.. so sorry.. 

Edited by JBMG

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
56 minutes ago, abfar said:

Approved. :) 

Still can't believe this is real.

Kudos to JBMG for the spreadsheet initiative. It was a ray of home back when waiting NVC 11 weeks felt like a lifetime of pain.

YAY!! Congrats!! :) And you're welcome for the spreadsheet. Your original comment of asking me to put it on the first post of the April Scan Dates forum encouraged me to keep it up.  Wishing you a successful POE. Keep us posted regarding receipt of your visa/passport. :) 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
48 minutes ago, abfar said:

yup @chamma, I got the ticket already. I hope the checklist skipping doesn't cause any delays, I'd happily fly the same day if I get the visa early xD Too long wait to see my girls. Can't take it anymore :D 

Congratulations again. Stay happy 😊!!

USCIS
08/15/2016: I-130 sent to USCIS
08/18/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Nebraska Service Center
02/17/2017: NOA2, I-130 approved 

02/24/2017: Notification received on App (I130 Approved)
02/26/2017: Approved I-130 sent to NVC

02/28/2017: (NOA2) Notification received via snail mail.

NVC
03/06/2017: Case number assigned
03/11/2017: Received email with case number and invoice number
03/11/2017: DS 261 Completed

03/11/2017: AOS fees paid

03/17/2017:IV Fees Paid

03/23/2017: DS 260 Submitted

03/23/2017: AOS & IV Package sent

03/27/2017: Scan date

05/30/2017: Case Complete

06/02/2017: Received Interview date over Phone(scheduled to Jul 17th)

06/03/2017: Received P4 letter over email confirming the Interview date

06/08/2017: Medical done

07/16/2017: Biometrics scheduled

07/17/2017: Interview in Mumbai

07/17/2017: Visa Approved

07/19/2017: Passport received at VAC, Intimation received.

07/20/2017: Passport in Hand

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
2 hours ago, abfar said:

I reached the diplomatic shuttle station in Islamabad around 5.30am. They don't let anybody in until 6 so you've to wait outside the station gate.

It started raining so we were let in a bit early. The station staff was late but finally started issuing Bus/Car travel vouchers by 6.05am.

I paid 1000 PKR for the car but you can also go in bus for 500 PKR (5 USD)

Then 15 more mins wait on the mobile collection counter as the employee was yet to report for duty. I was given another receipt while they took my phone.

The car voucher also lets you in the slightly better waiting area. That's where I waited. around 6.40am you can pass through the security check and can get into the Cars. 4 passengers per car.  Unlike the station's overall condition, the cars were comfortable and very clean. They travel in a Caravan of 5-10 cars.

2,3 mins drive to the outer gate of the Red Zone (fenced diplomatic area where all embassies are), there's another 5-10 mins of wait while the cars are checked for security and your travel voucher will be checked.

Then another 5 minutes drive in the Red Zone and you're at the US embassy.

There were over 50 people waiting outside the first security scanner just outside the embassy building. Too many people for such an early appointment. After a while, we were asked to form two lines and I was able to get through the checkpost as one of the first 5 people. They will check your appointment letter here.

Then a walk next to embassy wall to the embassy gate. An airport like scanner. Once past, were were given our Tokens. Luckily I was the second person for interview token-wise. Inside, we were guided where to sit and how to proceed to each counter. Within 10 minutes the Counters were ready (around 7.30am) and I was called for Finger prints. They also gave us the domestic violence brochure. (I have rights! and I know it!)

5 minutes after that, called for documents collection. The pakistani lady who collected the documents was kind and friendly. She smiled over one of the mistakes we made in ds260. 

Back to waiting, 5 minutes later, I was called as the first person for interview. The american CO was friendly. They asked:

CO: Who is calling you?

Me: ans

CO: What does your wife do?

CO: What do you do?

CO: Name of the company?

CO: Was the marriage arranged or love marriage?

CO: Who arranged it.

CO: How many people were at your wedding?

CO: Do you have any photos of the wedding?

*I gave them the whole album, which had all our photos in chronological order. They see the marriage, then our honey and finally our family pics with our child*

CO: Do you have a child?

Me: yes, she's x years old.

CO: Do you have any proof documents?

Me: Yes, I have the US birth certificate. * I hand it over *

CO: *examines it thoroughly, matches my name from child's birth cert with my own birth cert*

CO: *smiles* Mubarak Ho (Congratulations) *in urdu*

*I'm not sure if its for saying congrats on having the child or for approval*

Me: Thank you. 

CO: You will receive your passport in 2 weeks

Me: I also have a correction statement for a DS260 mistake.

*I hand it over*

I then left the embassy. I then walked to one of the waiting Cars, showed them my voucher and they took me back to the shuttle station. It was about 5-8 mins drive. 

I was back at the shuttle station by 8.30am as I can see in chat logs thats when I called my wife and everyone also started calling me phone around that time. Gave my wife a mini heart attack when I told her they didn't keep my passport and asked me to wait 2 months. xD

ONE THING I missed:  We got a checklist for 2016 W2. The CO never asked for it and I forgot to mention it. Is this going to be an issue? Should I contact the embassy for that?

Thank you visa journey and all the couples who contribute. You've all been a tremendous help. Kudos to JBMG for the spreadsheet initiative. It was a ray of home back when waiting NVC 11 weeks felt like a lifetime of pain.

Wow congrats wishes good POE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

after the interview it said "administrative processing" for a few hours and now it says "issued" just a few hours later.

is this real? 😮

or its going to go back to AP?

ceac says >> "Your visa has been printed. Depending on local procedures at the location where you were interviewed, your visa will be mailed or available for pickup soon. If there are further questions, or if we need updated contact information, you will be contacted."

Edited by abfar
Spoiler

Islamabad Embassy Interview coming up soon? Please join here: >> Islamabad Embassy Interview coming up.

01/2016: Petition filed for my visa
02/2016: USCIS confirmed receiving our file/petition on 1st Feb.
04/2016: I-130 Approval email received from DHS towards early May, our case was approved end of April. 
03/2017: Paid AoS and IV Bill
03/2017: Sent AoS and IV Packages via mail.
04/2017: 5th day of April, NVC received package. Can take up to 11 weeks for CC according to nvc.

06/2017: 6th day of June, Case Completed - confirmed via phone

07/2017: Interviewed end of July 2017.

>> Passport with Visa received the next day of interview 

8/2017: POE via JFK

05/2020: N400 Filed

06/2021: Biometrics taken

02/2022: Interview Scheduled (Yes, after 22 months -.- )

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
2 minutes ago, abfar said:

after the interview it said "administrative processing" for a few hours and now it says "issued" just a few hours later.

is this real? 😮

"Issued" is a good sign, that's what it's supposed to say after a short AP status after the interview 😄 It shouldn't go back to AP if you got approved

Edited by heyusa

TIMELINE

31 May 2016 - legally married in Estonia, just the 2 of us
27 July 2016 - wedding ceremony & reception

USCIS Phase

08 September 2016 - I-130 sent to USCIS Chicago Lockbox (FILED FROM ABROAD)

14 September - I-130 received at Nebraska Service Center

16 September - NOA1 via e-mail

29 September - notice returned to USCIS because the Post Office could not deliver it

22 November - NOA1 finally received in the mail (in the US)

31 March 2017 - NOA 2 via e-mail, app and USCIS website

3 April - NOA 2 received in the mail (in the US)

11 April - Case Was Sent to Department of State 

NVC Phase

17 April - Case received by NVC

20 April - NVC case number assigned

21 April -  DS-261 Completed Online
25 April - Welcome e-mail received, AOS fee paid
27 April - IV fee Invoiced, IV fee paid
6 May - DS-260 Completed
10 May - AOS and IV package sent

15 May - Scan date

12 July - Case complete 😀
14 July - P4 Interview Letter

08 August - Medical

17 August - INTERVIEW - approved!
18 August - VISA ISSUED
23 August - Picked up the PASSPORT with the VISA inside

26 August - Immigrant Fee paid
18 September, 2017 - POE 

Removal Of Conditions

25 June, 2019 - ROC packet sent 
27 June - ROC packet delivered

Timeline
Just now, heyusa said:

"Issued" is a good sign, that's what it's supposed to say after a short AP status after the interview 😄 

yeah this is frigging awesome if it's issued for good. I'm just awe-struck as I expected the AP to last a week at least. the CO said I'll get Passport back within 2 weeks. it's been just a few hours!

Spoiler

Islamabad Embassy Interview coming up soon? Please join here: >> Islamabad Embassy Interview coming up.

04/2016: I-130 Approval email received from DHS towards early May, our case was approved end of April. 
04/2017: 5th day of April, NVC received package. Can take up to 11 weeks for CC according to nvc.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
1 hour ago, abfar said:

is this real? 😮

ceac says >> "Your visa has been printed. Depending on local procedures at the location where you were interviewed, your visa will be mailed or available for pickup soon. If there are further questions, or if we need updated contact information, you will be contacted."

Wow!!!! Congratulations! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
2 hours ago, abfar said:

yeah this is frigging awesome if it's issued for good. I'm just awe-struck as I expected the AP to last a week at least. the CO said I'll get Passport back within 2 weeks. it's been just a few hours!

I think that's normal if you don't get the 221g for it to change on the same day :) maybe you even get your passport sooner than 2 weeks!

TIMELINE

31 May 2016 - legally married in Estonia, just the 2 of us
27 July 2016 - wedding ceremony & reception

USCIS Phase

08 September 2016 - I-130 sent to USCIS Chicago Lockbox (FILED FROM ABROAD)

14 September - I-130 received at Nebraska Service Center

16 September - NOA1 via e-mail

29 September - notice returned to USCIS because the Post Office could not deliver it

22 November - NOA1 finally received in the mail (in the US)

31 March 2017 - NOA 2 via e-mail, app and USCIS website

3 April - NOA 2 received in the mail (in the US)

11 April - Case Was Sent to Department of State 

NVC Phase

17 April - Case received by NVC

20 April - NVC case number assigned

21 April -  DS-261 Completed Online
25 April - Welcome e-mail received, AOS fee paid
27 April - IV fee Invoiced, IV fee paid
6 May - DS-260 Completed
10 May - AOS and IV package sent

15 May - Scan date

12 July - Case complete 😀
14 July - P4 Interview Letter

08 August - Medical

17 August - INTERVIEW - approved!
18 August - VISA ISSUED
23 August - Picked up the PASSPORT with the VISA inside

26 August - Immigrant Fee paid
18 September, 2017 - POE 

Removal Of Conditions

25 June, 2019 - ROC packet sent 
27 June - ROC packet delivered

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
6 hours ago, abfar said:

I reached the diplomatic shuttle station in Islamabad around 5.30am. They don't let anybody in until 6 so you've to wait outside the station gate.

It started raining so we were let in a bit early. The station staff was late but finally started issuing Bus/Car travel vouchers by 6.05am.

I paid 1000 PKR for the car but you can also go in bus for 500 PKR (5 USD)

Then 15 more mins wait on the mobile collection counter as the employee was yet to report for duty. I was given another receipt while they took my phone.

The car voucher also lets you in the slightly better waiting area. That's where I waited. around 6.40am you can pass through the security check and can get into the Cars. 4 passengers per car.  Unlike the station's overall condition, the cars were comfortable and very clean. They travel in a Caravan of 5-10 cars.

2,3 mins drive to the outer gate of the Red Zone (fenced diplomatic area where all embassies are), there's another 5-10 mins of wait while the cars are checked for security and your travel voucher will be checked.

Then another 5 minutes drive in the Red Zone and you're at the US embassy.

There were over 50 people waiting outside the first security scanner just outside the embassy building. Too many people for such an early appointment. After a while, we were asked to form two lines and I was able to get through the checkpost as one of the first 5 people. They will check your appointment letter here.

Then a walk next to embassy wall to the embassy gate. An airport like scanner. Once past, were were given our Tokens. Luckily I was the second person for interview token-wise. Inside, we were guided where to sit and how to proceed to each counter. Within 10 minutes the Counters were ready (around 7.30am) and I was called for Finger prints. They also gave us the domestic violence brochure. (I have rights! and I know it!)

5 minutes after that, called for documents collection. The pakistani lady who collected the documents was kind and friendly. She smiled over one of the mistakes we made in ds260. 

Back to waiting, 5 minutes later, I was called as the first person for interview. The american CO was friendly. They asked:

CO: Who is calling you?

CO: What does your wife do?

CO: What do you do?

CO: Name of the company?

CO: Was the marriage arranged or love marriage?

CO: Who arranged it.

CO: How many people were at your wedding?

CO: Do you have any photos of the wedding?

*I gave them the whole album, which had all our photos in chronological order. They see the marriage, then our honey and finally our family pics with our child*

CO: Do you have a child?

Me: yes, she's x years old.

CO: Do you have any proof documents?

Me: Yes, I have the US birth certificate. * I hand it over *

CO: *examines it thoroughly, matches my name from child's birth cert with my own birth cert*

CO: *smiles* Mubarak Ho (Congratulations) *in urdu*

*I'm not sure if its for saying congrats on having the child or for approval*

Me: Thank you. 

CO: You will receive your passport in 2 weeks

Me: I also have a correction statement for a DS260 mistake.

*I hand it over*

I then left the embassy. I then walked to one of the waiting Cars, showed them my voucher and they took me back to the shuttle station. It was about 5-8 mins drive. 

I was back at the shuttle station by 8.30am as I can see in chat logs thats when I called my wife and everyone also started calling me phone around that time. Gave my wife a mini heart attack when I told her they didn't keep my passport and asked me to wait 2 months. xD

ONE THING I missed:  We got a checklist for 2016 W2. The CO never asked for it and I forgot to mention it. Is this going to be an issue? Should I contact the embassy for that?

Thank you visa journey and all the couples who contribute. You've all been a tremendous help. Kudos to JBMG for the spreadsheet initiative. It was a ray of home back when waiting NVC 11 weeks felt like a lifetime of pain.

Lovely..congrats!! 👍🏻

My VISA Journey so far:
USCIS - I-130

Spoiler

05/2016: Got Married

09/28/2016: I-130 sent to USCIS
10/03/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Potomac Service Centre
01/25/2017: NOA2, I-130 approved 

02/02/2017: Approved I-130 sent to NVC

NVC

Spoiler

02/17/2017: Case number assigned
02/23/2017: Received email with case number and invoice number
02/23/2017: DS 261 Completed

02/23/2017: AOS fees paid

03/06/2017:IV Fees Paid

03/08/2017: DS 260 Submitted

03/14/2017: AOS & IV Package sent

03/16/2017: AOS & IV Package received at NVC

03/20/2017: SCAN DATE

05/22/2017: Case complete at NVC

06/02/2017: Interview Notification received

06/10/2017: Medical done

06/25/2017:Biometrics done

07/11/2017: Interview in New Delhi

07/11/2017: VISA APPROVED!!

07/12/2017: Got notification that the passport if ready for pick up

07/13/2017: Passport/VISA in hand.

ROC Approved

Spoiler

06/01/2019: I-751 sent to USCIS Lewisville, TX

06/04/2019: I-751 package delivered to USCIS Lewisville, TX

06/10/2019: Check cleared.

06/10/2019: 18 months extension letter (hard copy) received in mail. 

06/21/2019: Biometrics appointment letter received in mail for the appointment on 07/03/2019

07/03/2019: Biometrics completed.

12/15/2021: Combo interview with N-400 (Applied May 2020). Approved.

N400 Approved

Spoiler

05/04/2020: Applied Online. Notice received.

10/22/2020: Biometric Reuse notice received.

11/09/2021: Interview scheduled for 12/15/2021.

12/15/2021: Interview. Approved.

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
5 hours ago, JBMG said:

Hi, @SabRob and her husband have been working on the spreadsheet to get it automated. :) This way i don't have to sort it, or copy/paste formulas each time there is a new entry.  I noticed the sorting problem as well, not sure what's going on but SabRob is looking for a solution to fix it.... Meanwhile, you can go to "file" "make a copy"..  Within that copied version, you can sort it.. It's not practical but a short term solution.. so sorry.. 

i find this solution yesterday  thanks a lot,  Peace :jest::D:D:rolleyes::) .

Timeline
1 minute ago, llama said:

Hi Guys,

Quick question is a little over 4 hours enough time to get through immigration at JFK on  CR1 visa?

Thanks in advance!!

It should be enough if it's a non rush hour but I'd plan with expectation of it taking  a few more hours extra in the worst case.

Spoiler

1 minute ago, abfar said:

It should be enough if it's a non rush hour but I'd plan with expectation of it taking  a few more hours extra in the worst case.

hopefully my husbands arrives there tomorrow at 4 pm, hopefully it won't be too busy but i have heard otherwise lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.