dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview August 2017

1,556 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
1 minute ago, TeeA10 said:

Good morning it is Fam! Visa approved! Thank God!

Many congratulations!!

USCIS
08/15/2016: I-130 sent to USCIS
08/18/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Nebraska Service Center
02/17/2017: NOA2, I-130 approved 

02/24/2017: Notification received on App (I130 Approved)
02/26/2017: Approved I-130 sent to NVC

02/28/2017: (NOA2) Notification received via snail mail.

NVC
03/06/2017: Case number assigned
03/11/2017: Received email with case number and invoice number
03/11/2017: DS 261 Completed

03/11/2017: AOS fees paid

03/17/2017:IV Fees Paid

03/23/2017: DS 260 Submitted

03/23/2017: AOS & IV Package sent

03/27/2017: Scan date

05/30/2017: Case Complete

06/02/2017: Received Interview date over Phone(scheduled to Jul 17th)

06/03/2017: Received P4 letter over email confirming the Interview date

06/08/2017: Medical done

07/16/2017: Biometrics scheduled

07/17/2017: Interview in Mumbai

07/17/2017: Visa Approved

07/19/2017: Passport received at VAC, Intimation received.

07/20/2017: Passport in Hand

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
10 minutes ago, TeeA10 said:

Thanks @chamma

Well, I had my visa approved too.. on the 17th..:lol:

USCIS
08/15/2016: I-130 sent to USCIS
08/18/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Nebraska Service Center
02/17/2017: NOA2, I-130 approved 

02/24/2017: Notification received on App (I130 Approved)
02/26/2017: Approved I-130 sent to NVC

02/28/2017: (NOA2) Notification received via snail mail.

NVC
03/06/2017: Case number assigned
03/11/2017: Received email with case number and invoice number
03/11/2017: DS 261 Completed

03/11/2017: AOS fees paid

03/17/2017:IV Fees Paid

03/23/2017: DS 260 Submitted

03/23/2017: AOS & IV Package sent

03/27/2017: Scan date

05/30/2017: Case Complete

06/02/2017: Received Interview date over Phone(scheduled to Jul 17th)

06/03/2017: Received P4 letter over email confirming the Interview date

06/08/2017: Medical done

07/16/2017: Biometrics scheduled

07/17/2017: Interview in Mumbai

07/17/2017: Visa Approved

07/19/2017: Passport received at VAC, Intimation received.

07/20/2017: Passport in Hand

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
1 hour ago, TeeA10 said:

Thanks so much @JBMG Havent been on VJ a lot lately.

Thanks for coming back with your update!!!! 

1 hour ago, TeeA10 said:

Good morning it is Fam! Visa approved! Thank God!

A BIG CONGRATS!! With a USCIS priority date of 4/28/2015. You've been waiting a very long time!!! Congrats!! :) Hope you enjoy your move to the states!! ) 

When you get a chance, please submit your interview review. :)  For now, CELEBRATE!!!!! :) 

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/

Meanwhile thank you @Ingenuus for your interview review!! :) Great reminder folks, make sure you have the right size photo(s) for your interview. Some embassies have photo booths, but not all!  Meanwhile, be sure check out your "Embassy Information" at the following link. If you have useful information that missing from the page, please "Update / Add Information"  

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/ 

Edited by JBMG

8 hours ago, chamma said:

Here you go, My Review:

I reached by around 6.50 am at the Mumbai Consulate. It was raining crazy with no shelter to stand to escape the downpour. At 7 am they asked us to form a queue. I was second in line. They then let us in. We were asked to show our interview letter, DS 260 confirmation page (which was stamped during Biometrics) & our passports. After checking we were let in for Security Checks. Medical CD was not allowed. I had to give it back (it was already specified under the pre-interview checklist for Mumbai). After which we were let inside to get into another line. And then finally we were let inside. July & Rains are synonyms in Mumbai. We were asked to make 2 lines after we were let in. One for South Indians & the rest stay in the other. We were asked to confirm the language for interview. We were asked to arrange all our documents in an order – Birth Certificate & it’s copy, Marriage Certificate & it’s copy, PCCs & their copies, Medical reports, Passports. I arranged them all. I was then directed to move to a counter. I was asked to give my documents which I had arranged.  She had a look. She asked me few questions.

Who is calling you?
Answered.
What’s his name?
Answered
Where does he live?
Answered
Do you have your 2016 return?
I said No, We have an extension. She said – Don’t worry, I already have it. I was so relieved at this statement. :) 

How long have you been married?
Answered
Have you lived in any other country other than India?
Answered
Were you there for study or work?
Answered
Where did you work there?
Answered
How long?
Answered
Have you been to the US?
Answered
Before or after the wedding?
Answered
When did you apply for the visa? Before or after?
Answered
Is you visa still valid?
Answered
She asked me to produce the passport.
Is it the first marriage for you both?
Answered

She returned me my original Birth & marriage certificate. She only retained copies. She also returned me few documents which were part of my NVC package & few from my USCIS package. I asked her - if she did not need them, She said 'No'.

She then gave me the pamphlet and asked me to go through it and mentioned that the CO might ask me questions. She asked me to keep checking the digital display for my token number. She also mentioned that I would have to pay a fee of 220$ after I get my passport but before my POE. She retained my passports. She asked me to keep checking the digital display for my token number. I sat there waiting for the number to flash. I read through the pamphlet in the meanwhile. After waiting for about 12 minutes, my number flashed. I proceeded to the counter. I was the first to be interviewed. Across the other end was the American CO seated. She greeted me with a pleasant smile and asked me the following.

Who is calling you?
Answered.
What’s his name?
Answered
Where does he live?
Answered
What does he do for a living?
Answered
Was it an arranged marriage or love marriage?
Answered
Who arranged it?
Answered
How long did you know each other before the wedding?
Answered
Where did you go on your honeymoon?
Answered
Since when are you married?
Answered
How many people attended your wedding?
Answered.

She kept typing for 2 minutes & I was patiently waiting. Once she was done, she said – You are approved. She gave me the letter confirming the same and the document containing instructions to pay 220$. She wished me for the trip & I could not stop smiling. I sat there for a while recollecting what had happened and it seemed surreal. 

I would like to stress on something – TAX EXTENSIONS ARE Perfectly OKAY. If you in case do not have the latest or if it would take time to file, you can certainly file an extension & they are absolutely fine with it. 

I did not have a 2016 return. We had filed for an extension.
•    We were approved at the NVC without the checklist.
•    & I did not have any intimation from the embassy to carry one.

I had read few experiences (provided by @JBMG) on people with extensions, but I still had questions in my mind. But another member @Raag also had an extension & his interview at same consulate was an easy breeze. That gave me a little hope. I also had carried our Acceptance notification for extension.  

I had also carried a lot of supporting documents and our huge wedding album. They asked me none. I had carried everything under the sky. There were few people who were intending immigrants, but nobody had carried so much like I had :D . I feel its better safe to carry than be Sorry.

The staff was courteous and helpful. Except that there was no waiting space to escape the rain, everything was fine.

Thank you for the excellent review.   I had some similar experiences to you.  Even though I had filed my 2015 tax return and the 2016 tax return was not due at the time I filed my DS 260 in March, I brought the 2016 tax return with me to the interview just in case.  That is the one additional document they took from me,   Just as you, they did not look at any of our photographs or other supporting documentation.  

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Where is spread sheet on @dwheels76  is there more of us EW  EB  visa applicants .

Sorry but I'm now on tablet and it's nightmare to find something .

Tanks in advance.

11 hours ago, chamma said:

Here you go, My Review:

I reached by around 6.50 am at the Mumbai Consulate. It was raining crazy with no shelter to stand to escape the downpour. At 7 am they asked us to form a queue. I was second in line. They then let us in. We were asked to show our interview letter, DS 260 confirmation page (which was stamped during Biometrics) & our passports. After checking we were let in for Security Checks. Medical CD was not allowed. I had to give it back (it was already specified under the pre-interview checklist for Mumbai). After which we were let inside to get into another line. And then finally we were let inside. July & Rains are synonyms in Mumbai. We were asked to make 2 lines after we were let in. One for South Indians & the rest stay in the other. We were asked to confirm the language for interview. We were asked to arrange all our documents in an order – Birth Certificate & it’s copy, Marriage Certificate & it’s copy, PCCs & their copies, Medical reports, Passports. I arranged them all. I was then directed to move to a counter. I was asked to give my documents which I had arranged.  She had a look. She asked me few questions.

Who is calling you?
Answered.
What’s his name?
Answered
Where does he live?
Answered
Do you have your 2016 return?
I said No, We have an extension. She said – Don’t worry, I already have it. I was so relieved at this statement. :) 

How long have you been married?
Answered
Have you lived in any other country other than India?
Answered
Were you there for study or work?
Answered
Where did you work there?
Answered
How long?
Answered
Have you been to the US?
Answered
Before or after the wedding?
Answered
When did you apply for the visa? Before or after?
Answered
Is you visa still valid?
Answered
She asked me to produce the passport.
Is it the first marriage for you both?
Answered

She returned me my original Birth & marriage certificate. She only retained copies. She also returned me few documents which were part of my NVC package & few from my USCIS package. I asked her - if she did not need them, She said 'No'.

She then gave me the pamphlet and asked me to go through it and mentioned that the CO might ask me questions. She asked me to keep checking the digital display for my token number. She also mentioned that I would have to pay a fee of 220$ after I get my passport but before my POE. She retained my passports. She asked me to keep checking the digital display for my token number. I sat there waiting for the number to flash. I read through the pamphlet in the meanwhile. After waiting for about 12 minutes, my number flashed. I proceeded to the counter. I was the first to be interviewed. Across the other end was the American CO seated. She greeted me with a pleasant smile and asked me the following.

Who is calling you?
Answered.
What’s his name?
Answered
Where does he live?
Answered
What does he do for a living?
Answered
Was it an arranged marriage or love marriage?
Answered
Who arranged it?
Answered
How long did you know each other before the wedding?
Answered
Where did you go on your honeymoon?
Answered
Since when are you married?
Answered
How many people attended your wedding?
Answered.

She kept typing for 2 minutes & I was patiently waiting. Once she was done, she said – You are approved. She gave me the letter confirming the same and the document containing instructions to pay 220$. She wished me for the trip & I could not stop smiling. I sat there for a while recollecting what had happened and it seemed surreal. 

I would like to stress on something – TAX EXTENSIONS ARE Perfectly OKAY. If you in case do not have the latest or if it would take time to file, you can certainly file an extension & they are absolutely fine with it. 

I did not have a 2016 return. We had filed for an extension.
•    We were approved at the NVC without the checklist.
•    & I did not have any intimation from the embassy to carry one.

I had read few experiences (provided by @JBMG) on people with extensions, but I still had questions in my mind. But another member @Raag also had an extension & his interview at same consulate was an easy breeze. That gave me a little hope. I also had carried our Acceptance notification for extension.  

I had also carried a lot of supporting documents and our huge wedding album. They asked me none. I had carried everything under the sky. There were few people who were intending immigrants, but nobody had carried so much like I had :D . I feel its better safe to carry than be Sorry.

The staff was courteous and helpful. Except that there was no waiting space to escape the rain, everything was fine.

Thank you @chamma for such a great detailed review. Good luck for your POE.... I know Mumbai rains are tough and they have no shelter to escape it at BKC. They should improve it.

But anyways main part is happy ending at the end. :jest::D

Hello all, 

I have completed my medical yesterday.

Now 3 things left collecting medical reports, arranging docs and main part Interview :)

Edited by cadtousa

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Still no interview date as of yet. If the timeline updates submitted by others at our embassy are to be considered accurate then we should've had a date by now. Or it could simply mean that he embassy has slowed down. We got the cc letter last week. Just gonna wait it out some more or try calling again today 

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: England
Timeline
48 minutes ago, green line2017 said:

Where is spread sheet on @dwheels76  is there more of us EW  EB  visa applicants .

Sorry but I'm now on tablet and it's nightmare to find something .

Tanks in advance.

It's on the very first page at the top

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.