dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview August 2017

1,556 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
5 hours ago, JBMG said:

I don't know.. Not sure how to find that.. @NBA16 Do you know which countries are processed out of the UAE American embassy for immigration purposes? 

Hello, I just know Iranians are interviewd in Ankara (Turkey) or Yerevan (Armenia) ir Abu Dhabi (UAE) randomly

As far as i know they just interview Iranians beside people who are resident there

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
48 minutes ago, benci said:

Hi there,

First of all, congrats to all who have gotten a CC and interview! Good luck! :)

I wanted to give a quick update since I haven't in a while and think this would be helpful to some.

My husband had his interview last Monday (7/3) and said it went great for the most part. According to him, the CO was a very friendly, nice lady and not intimidating at all. He brought a lot of proof of relationship, all the necessary paperwork, she asked him a few questions about us and our families, what we do for work, etc. At the end of the interview, the CO told him the case had to go through "Administrative Processing" (AP), asked him to leave his passport and handed him a form called the 221(g) (I believe). It basically states that the visa could not be given "at this time" and that the case needed this additional processing of some sort. However, she never outright stated whether the visa was approved or denied so we really had no idea.

My husband did ask what that meant and how long that takes, but she said that she couldn't really share that information and he left the interview. Now we were in sort of a limbo, not really sure what was going on. So, of course, I turned to the internet.

From what I gathered, AP could mean a variety of things. If you're lucky, it just means your visa is being printed and the packet is being put together and sealed. This usually takes a few of business days and you get your visa pretty quickly. On the other hand, it could mean they're looking into the case more and you may or may not have to provide them more information. If you get this form from the CO, it will list specific instructions on what you need to do. In our case, we didn't have to provide any additional information. All we had to do now was wait (which was torture, of course.) 

Also, everything I read stated that AP can take anywhere from a few weeks to months to even years depending on what you were put in it for. 

However, we did just get word early this morning that the visa was issued and ready to be picked up. So, excluding the holiday (4th of July), it took about 4 business days for the visa to get issued. I'm still not sure if it was just part of the "regular" AP process or if they really did need to look at the case more, but there you have it.

To say I'm relieved is an understatement. I did want to share my experience to help anybody that might come across AP during their interview. The worst part of the whole thing was the not knowing what was going to happen. So if I can just ease one more stressed and worried mind out there that AP is sometimes a not-so-scary thing, then I've done my job.

Again, good luck to all! 

A great review, thank you for sharing. Please add it to the following, your review will help others that may experience the same thing. This happened to @Nameer as well, I told them it's a good sign they took their passport.. Because they need it to include the visa.  Congrats on your CC. :)

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Bosnia-Herzegovina&cty=&dfilter=5

Timeline
13 hours ago, vintash said:

Are spouses allowed to come to the interview at Montreal embassy ? 

10 hours ago, JBMG said:

Yes you can, you'll find your answer in the following link. 

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Canada&cty=Montreal

-----

Edited by JBMG

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sohel said:

I sent my original birth certificate and marriage certificate to uscis mistakely when I filed my petition...my case completed on june 21 and I'm waiting for my interview to be scheduled...I need to bring my original docs during

interview but I've only copies of them...in this situation what should I do?

Hey @Sohel- I saw a similar case in New Delhi Embassy today. There was this girl whose case started way back in 2015 and she was attending the interview today. When the embassy staff asked all of us to take give them the original birth+marriage + Police clearance certificates, the girl said that their lawyer was looking into their case always and he asked them to send the originals to NVC. Then the staff member said, during document verification all the originals (if sent by NVC to Embassy - which was true in her case) would be returned back to her. After verification of the documents she got them back. Embassy returns even the envelope in which we send the documents to NVC along with any additional documents we may have sent and they don't need then..in our case we got my husband's 1099 & pay stubs back along with the cover sheet and the envelope (nicely folded and clipped).

@chamma- they even returned the updated I864 for 2016 tax return with original sign. The lady said- "NVC never asked you for this, we only asked 2016 tax return and we need that only no i864."

My VISA Journey so far:
USCIS - I-130

Spoiler

05/2016: Got Married

09/28/2016: I-130 sent to USCIS
10/03/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Potomac Service Centre
01/25/2017: NOA2, I-130 approved 

02/02/2017: Approved I-130 sent to NVC

NVC

Spoiler

02/17/2017: Case number assigned
02/23/2017: Received email with case number and invoice number
02/23/2017: DS 261 Completed

02/23/2017: AOS fees paid

03/06/2017:IV Fees Paid

03/08/2017: DS 260 Submitted

03/14/2017: AOS & IV Package sent

03/16/2017: AOS & IV Package received at NVC

03/20/2017: SCAN DATE

05/22/2017: Case complete at NVC

06/02/2017: Interview Notification received

06/10/2017: Medical done

06/25/2017:Biometrics done

07/11/2017: Interview in New Delhi

07/11/2017: VISA APPROVED!!

07/12/2017: Got notification that the passport if ready for pick up

07/13/2017: Passport/VISA in hand.

ROC Approved

Spoiler

06/01/2019: I-751 sent to USCIS Lewisville, TX

06/04/2019: I-751 package delivered to USCIS Lewisville, TX

06/10/2019: Check cleared.

06/10/2019: 18 months extension letter (hard copy) received in mail. 

06/21/2019: Biometrics appointment letter received in mail for the appointment on 07/03/2019

07/03/2019: Biometrics completed.

12/15/2021: Combo interview with N-400 (Applied May 2020). Approved.

N400 Approved

Spoiler

05/04/2020: Applied Online. Notice received.

10/22/2020: Biometric Reuse notice received.

11/09/2021: Interview scheduled for 12/15/2021.

12/15/2021: Interview. Approved.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
23 minutes ago, PP_2016 said:

Hey @Sohel- I saw a similar case in New Delhi Embassy today. There was this girl whose case started way back in 2015 and she was attending the interview today. When the embassy staff asked all of us to take give them the original birth+marriage + Police clearance certificates, the girl said that their lawyer was looking into their case always and he asked them to send the originals to NVC. Then the staff member said, during document verification all the originals (if sent by NVC to Embassy - which was true in her case) would be returned back to her. After verification of the documents she got them back. Embassy returns even the envelope in which we send the documents to NVC along with any additional documents we may have sent and they don't need then..in our case we got my husband's 1099 & pay stubs back along with the cover sheet and the envelope (nicely folded and clipped).

@chamma- they even returned the updated I864 for 2016 tax return with original sign. The lady said- "NVC never asked you for this, we only asked 2016 tax return and we need that only no i864."

The checklist we received said that there was something wrong in the AOS but didn't say what exactly. Below that it said to bring 2016 w2 to the interview. So I am wondering if the w2 is all they will ask for.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi all! I am so happy to see that many of us already have our interview scheduled. I hope that those still waiting can get their interview dates soon :)

I know that the majority of people in this forum have a lot of experience with Spouse and Fiancee Visa, but I was wondering if anyone can give me some insight about Parents Visa Case (IR-5). What kind of questions are parents expected to answer during the interview? Should parents bring pictures?

I am trying to prepare my parents for their interview as much possible, so they aren't nervous. They had extremely bad experiences with Consulate Officer in the past, so they are traumatized. They've had a total of 5 tourist visa denied in the past. We are hoping for a better outcome this time!

Thanks!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
Just now, KaurN said:

The checklist we received said that there was something wrong in the AOS but didn't say what exactly. Below that it said to bring 2016 w2 to the interview. So I am wondering if the w2 is all they will ask for.

Taking some addtional documents would never hurt. Whatever they don't need, they return. They took only one PCC original out of two. I asked them 3 times if they really need only one original PCC? They said yes. I didn't ask the reason. However, they took both the originals from few. One reason I could see is I live in the same city where the interview was conducted. Most if the people attending the interviews were from Punjab and other states. 

So i suggest, since the requirement could differ in each case, why take chance. Carry everything you have..

My VISA Journey so far:
USCIS - I-130

Spoiler

05/2016: Got Married

09/28/2016: I-130 sent to USCIS
10/03/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Potomac Service Centre
01/25/2017: NOA2, I-130 approved 

02/02/2017: Approved I-130 sent to NVC

NVC

Spoiler

02/17/2017: Case number assigned
02/23/2017: Received email with case number and invoice number
02/23/2017: DS 261 Completed

02/23/2017: AOS fees paid

03/06/2017:IV Fees Paid

03/08/2017: DS 260 Submitted

03/14/2017: AOS & IV Package sent

03/16/2017: AOS & IV Package received at NVC

03/20/2017: SCAN DATE

05/22/2017: Case complete at NVC

06/02/2017: Interview Notification received

06/10/2017: Medical done

06/25/2017:Biometrics done

07/11/2017: Interview in New Delhi

07/11/2017: VISA APPROVED!!

07/12/2017: Got notification that the passport if ready for pick up

07/13/2017: Passport/VISA in hand.

ROC Approved

Spoiler

06/01/2019: I-751 sent to USCIS Lewisville, TX

06/04/2019: I-751 package delivered to USCIS Lewisville, TX

06/10/2019: Check cleared.

06/10/2019: 18 months extension letter (hard copy) received in mail. 

06/21/2019: Biometrics appointment letter received in mail for the appointment on 07/03/2019

07/03/2019: Biometrics completed.

12/15/2021: Combo interview with N-400 (Applied May 2020). Approved.

N400 Approved

Spoiler

05/04/2020: Applied Online. Notice received.

10/22/2020: Biometric Reuse notice received.

11/09/2021: Interview scheduled for 12/15/2021.

12/15/2021: Interview. Approved.

Filed: Other Country: Poland
Timeline
7 hours ago, JBMG said:

Congrats!! :) 

Just saw your review at the following link. :) Thank you for sharing! Wishing you much happiness in your future!! :) 

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?trim=no&cty=&cnty=Poland&page=1&dfilter=5&topic=IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Had the interview on July 11, 2017 with an 8:30 appointment. We arrived at 8 or so and the line outside was already long. We (husband and wife as beneficiary) waited in the line for about 25 minutes before finally getting inside. The lady at the door was very nice. Spoke perfect English. She immediately takes your phone and hands it over to the door people. They were all very nice. They give you a number card so when you exit, you can retrieve your phone back. We saw a woman on the outside who had an iPad and the door lady told her those were not allowed. I'm not sure where and how they kept that. So don't bring big bags, laptops, or tablets. They won't allow it inside. After we were in, we had to put our belongings through a airport security style check-point and we were allowed through. You go straight theough a long glass hallway and enter into another part of the building where you walk downstairs and there were 2 other gentleman taking the courier service registration paper from us and slapped a barcoded sticker on the back of my wife's passport. We were then instructed to go into a waiting area and take a number from one of the desks. We waited about 25 minutes. Once our number was called, the woman behind the window took some of our original documents, passport, 2 photos, marriage certificate, her birth certificate, police certificate, my joint sponsor's recent taxes and gave us back some copies of the documents we had originally sent in along with some older photos.That was it. She asked me (staying in Poland on a temp permit) how long I've been staying and I told her that information. She then instructed us to wait to be called up again for finger prints. We waited another 20-30 minutes and they took the finger prints. Then we were instructed to sit down and wait for the consulate officer to call us up. We waited for another 30 minutes and he called us up. He was a very nice American guy who didn't really ask us any questions at all. My wife was swore in, he asked me (not my wife) when we planned on going to the US, and I told him that info. After that, he told us congratulations, you're approved! Wasn't much of an interview at all really and it was a very easy and pleasant experience. The actual interview part lasted less than 2-3 minutes. There are bathrooms next to the waiting area, a vending machine (with mainly soda, chips, and other junk. They did have woda gazowana), water fountain, and they also had a play place for the kids to run around and annoy you. Whole process probably took 2 hours from getting in line out front to leaving. We came extremely over prepared.

Many thanks and great luck to you as well. Keep up the good work.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
22 minutes ago, PP_2016 said:

Taking some addtional documents would never hurt. Whatever they don't need, they return. They took only one PCC original out of two. I asked them 3 times if they really need only one original PCC? They said yes. I didn't ask the reason. However, they took both the originals from few. One reason I could see is I live in the same city where the interview was conducted. Most if the people attending the interviews were from Punjab and other states. 

So i suggest, since the requirement could differ in each case, why take chance. Carry everything you have..

Thanks will do just that! Waiting for your review!

Just got an email from Montreal consulate for my Inquiry last week. They scheduled our appointment earliest possible August 04th.

CC : June 27th.

Very happy. 

good luck to everyone.

I would suggest if you are waiting for long and NVC is not responding on call please try to email your consulate where you will be scheduled for Interview. Montreal consulate responded after 4 days. Just as said by @vintash . Thank you @vintash for advising me to contact Montreal consulate directly for an Interview date. Now I have to wait for P4 letter to schedule Medical appointment. :)

Filed: E-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
1 minute ago, cadtousa said:

Just got an email from Montreal consulate for my Inquiry last week. They scheduled our appointment earliest possible August 04th.

CC : June 27th.

Very happy. 

good luck to everyone.

I would suggest if you are waiting for long and NVC is not responding on call please try to email your consulate where you will be scheduled for Interview. Montreal consulate responded after 4 days. Just as said by @vintash . Thank you @vintash for advising me to contact Montreal consulate directly for an Interview date. Now I have to wait for P4 letter to schedule Medical appointment. :)

Congratulations! Would you mind sharing your  email you sent to consulate with us? I will contact to Athens embassy, and don't want to write sth that would irritate them.

13 minutes ago, sulusum said:

Congratulations! Would you mind sharing your  email you sent to consulate with us? I will contact to Athens embassy, and don't want to write sth that would irritate them.

Thank you @sulusum . sure I can share it.

In subject write your case number______ - Regarding Interview date.

Body:

NVC case number:                    

Principal applicant's name:   

Principal applicant’s DOB:   

Petitioner's name:                 

Petitioner’s DOB:                 

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am the beneficiary for this case ___________. About a week ago we got the confirmation from NVC on the phone that our case is complete and is waiting for an Interview date from Montreal embassy.

So I am requesting you to please update me with my Interview date as soon as it is available.

Thank you.

I hope this helps to everyone who is waiting for so long. @Enigma992 and some of them from Abu Dhabi are waiting for more than one month. So please try contacting via email directly to your consulate. 

Filed: E-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
25 minutes ago, cadtousa said:

Thank you @sulusum . sure I can share it.

In subject write your case number______ - Regarding Interview date.

Body:

NVC case number:                    

Principal applicant's name:   

Principal applicant’s DOB:   

Petitioner's name:                 

Petitioner’s DOB:                 

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am the beneficiary for this case ___________. About a week ago we got the confirmation from NVC on the phone that our case is complete and is waiting for an Interview date from Montreal embassy.

So I am requesting you to please update me with my Interview date as soon as it is available.

Thank you.

I hope this helps to everyone who is waiting for so long. @Enigma992 and some of them from Abu Dhabi are waiting for more than one month. So please try contacting via email directly to your consulate. 

Thanks a lot for your great sharing and wish you tons of luck in your interview process ahead!

19 minutes ago, sulusum said:

Thanks a lot for your great sharing and wish you tons of luck in your interview process ahead!

Thank you :)

2 hours ago, JBMG said:

-----

On NVC website it says following:

Only the applicants who are listed on the interview appointment letter issued by the NVC must appear to be interviewed at the scheduled time. Applicants who will follow to join the principal applicant later will be interviewed separately. You should contact the U.S. Embassy or Consulate directly to arrange separate interviews.

Timeline
15 minutes ago, ricvtr22 said:

Hi all! I am so happy to see that many of us already have our interview scheduled. I hope that those still waiting can get their interview dates soon :)

I know that the majority of people in this forum have a lot of experience with Spouse and Fiancee Visa, but I was wondering if anyone can give me some insight about Parents Visa Case (IR-5). What kind of questions are parents expected to answer during the interview? Should parents bring pictures?

I am trying to prepare my parents for their interview as much possible, so they aren't nervous. They had extremely bad experiences with Consulate Officer in the past, so they are traumatized. They've had a total of 5 tourist visa denied in the past. We are hoping for a better outcome this time!

Thanks!

Advise you to check out the following.. Doesn't look like any ir5 info in there though.. So def add your review when you have it.. 

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Brazil&cty=&dfilter=5&topic=

Can also search the forum.. Here are the results for "IR5 Interview".. 

http://www.visajourney.com/sitesearch/?cx=partner-pub-3407508467788263%3A9725800110&cof=FORID%3A10&ie=UTF-8&q=ir5+interview+questions&sa=Search&siteurl=www.visajourney.com%2Freviews%2Findex.php%3Fcnty%3DBrazil%26cty%3D%26dfilter%3D5%26topic%3D&ref=www.visajourney.com%2Freviews%2Findex.php%3Fcnty%3DBrazil%26cty%3D%26dfilter%3D5%26topic%3DOther%2BExperience&ss=9752j9314312j29 

couldn't find much so i then searched for ir5 timelines in Brazil.. only found one applicant.. so then i did all countries, came up with much more results.. you could contact some of them and ask them directly.. 

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/filterlist.php

sorry can't be of more help... wish you luck.. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.