dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview August 2017

1,556 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, MLK2016 said:

After you pay your POE fee, you will receive an IO number.  With that IO number your spouse can create an account on the USCIS website and from there you can check your green card status.  

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

Can you pay the fee at the port of entry? Or when u get home?

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Franciscoruizt said:

Hello it's up to you  you may pay  before POE or  after you arrive  home USA ....:) Good Luck.:jest:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
3 hours ago, Franciscoruizt said:

2 hours ago, green line2017 said:

Hello it's up to you  you may pay  before POE or  after you arrive  home USA ....:) Good Luck.:jest:

u can pay before or after POE

but just a small reminder, the green card process day is 120 days from the date u paid or POE, depends on which comes the last.

for example, I paid my fee in the beginning of April, and my POE was the end of May. The 120 days counting from my POE date

N-400 Timeline

2022/03/01: 90 days filing window open

2022/03/20: Filed N-400 online

2022/03/21: Case received, no biometrics required

2022/03/21: Online status change to Case is being Actively Reviewed by USCIS

2022/08/15: Interview was scheduled

2022/09/20: Interview Date

2022/09/20: Citizenship Approved

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
47 minutes ago, parsha said:

u can pay before or after POE

but just a small reminder, the green card process day is 120 days from the date u paid or POE, depends on which comes the last.

for example, I paid my fee in the beginning of April, and my POE was the end of May. The 120 days counting from my POE date

that's useful info...

USCIS
08/15/2016: I-130 sent to USCIS
08/18/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Nebraska Service Center
02/17/2017: NOA2, I-130 approved 

02/24/2017: Notification received on App (I130 Approved)
02/26/2017: Approved I-130 sent to NVC

02/28/2017: (NOA2) Notification received via snail mail.

NVC
03/06/2017: Case number assigned
03/11/2017: Received email with case number and invoice number
03/11/2017: DS 261 Completed

03/11/2017: AOS fees paid

03/17/2017:IV Fees Paid

03/23/2017: DS 260 Submitted

03/23/2017: AOS & IV Package sent

03/27/2017: Scan date

05/30/2017: Case Complete

06/02/2017: Received Interview date over Phone(scheduled to Jul 17th)

06/03/2017: Received P4 letter over email confirming the Interview date

06/08/2017: Medical done

07/16/2017: Biometrics scheduled

07/17/2017: Interview in Mumbai

07/17/2017: Visa Approved

07/19/2017: Passport received at VAC, Intimation received.

07/20/2017: Passport in Hand

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

We have been given a medical expedite, and our case was put into transit on Friday to Nairobi. We are just wondering how quickly they might schedule our visa as we need to make plans for travelling, since we live in Uganda, not Kenya.

Does anyone have an idea of how soon we should get our P4 and how soon the interview could be? Also, what is the recommended minimum amount of time between the medical exam and interview? We know that the med exams take two days, so we are planning to make our exam be like 3 or 4 days before the interview so we don't have to stay so long in Kenya.

they are preparing for elections in Kenya, and the past two have been  very scary, so we pray we don't get caught up in that!

Thanks to JBMG and all of you who have made this process much easier to understand. We wish all who are going for their interviews the best of luck.

-The Goobies

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

Well, I wrote too soon! We just checked the Ceac site, and it says our case is "Ready"! However, we did not get an email informing us of this or the interview date, but we expect to get it within the week. I have emailed the embassy just to make sure there wasn't a missed email or anything like that. We will keep you all updated. Good luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, goobies said:

We have been given a medical expedite, and our case was put into transit on Friday to Nairobi. We are just wondering how quickly they might schedule our visa as we need to make plans for travelling, since we live in Uganda, not Kenya.

Does anyone have an idea of how soon we should get our P4 and how soon the interview could be? Also, what is the recommended minimum amount of time between the medical exam and interview? We know that the med exams take two days, so we are planning to make our exam be like 3 or 4 days before the interview so we don't have to stay so long in Kenya.

they are preparing for elections in Kenya, and the past two have been  very scary, so we pray we don't get caught up in that!

Thanks to JBMG and all of you who have made this process much easier to understand. We wish all who are going for their interviews the best of luck.

-The Goobies

My case got approved for a expedite. Though we dealt with a different embassy, I called the embassy myself to schedule my husbands interview and was able to do it online. We never received a P4 letter and just got an interview confirmation letter in the email which my husband used at the interview. @JBMG shared a screenshot of his P4 letter which was really helpful. I would recommend being proactive and contacting the embassy.

Timeline
21 minutes ago, KaurN said:

How long does it usually take for the Social Security Card to arrive after POE?

From two weeks to  45 days it's not depend on nothing but after POE you may contact with SSA administration and they take care of it. You must  inform SSA that you  in ds -260  apply for SSN and green card .

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
24 minutes ago, green line2017 said:

From two weeks to  45 days it's not depend on nothing but after POE you may contact with SSA administration and they take care of it. You must  inform SSA that you  in ds -260  apply for SSN and green card .

So even though I applied for a SSN through DS-260 do we still have to contact the SSN administration?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

How long after CC should we be receiving the P4 letter? 

We got our CC on July 17 but still no letter in the mail... only an email saying that the NVC received all documents and that we are now in the queue awaiting an interview appointment (we received this email on July 24).

Confused on if I should call the NVC or the US Embassy here in Doha regarding the appointment? 

Doha, Qatar

Met: 2011

Married: August 2014, Doha, Qatar

Filed I-130: August 25, 2016
NOA1: August 30, 2016
I-130 Approved (NOA2): March 17, 2017

NVC Scan Date: May 25, 2017

NVC Case Complete: July 17, 2017

Received P4 Letter: August 3, 2017

Interview Date: September 19, 2017

Timeline
32 minutes ago, KaurN said:

So even though I applied for a SSN through DS-260 do we still have to contact the SSN administration?

It's better  to  go to the office SSA  . OR HERE

https://www.ssa.gov

Edited by green line2017

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
4 hours ago, goobies said:

-The Goobies

First of all you have to have the p4 letter to schedule the medical at IOM,am going for the interview on the same embassy and my interview was schedule by NVC approximately 1 month since I receive my p4, in btwn the 1month is when you suppose to take the medical I recommend maybe like 2 weeks before interview or earlier so that they can have enough time to send the results to the interview although the two buildings are just like neigbours😜I will not recommend 3 to 4 days before the interview,

on elections don't be scared nothing will happen Kenyans learn their lessons and can't do what they did in 2007,

they scheduled my interview few days after election.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
On 7/30/2017 at 5:21 AM, trininurse said:

@beppenyc congrats how was it ??

Hi Trininurse, 

it was terrible. You can `t bring any cellphone, ipad and anything else, so, that was the first problem. There no safety box in the embassy, so leave in the hotel or at home. 

Also, remember to bring the w-2 of the sponsor, does not matter if you have the tax transcript, but it is important to bring the w-2, and the transcript. First you will go to talk with a lady from Trinidad who is going to check all the documentation, she is not the most pleasant person of the world, after that, 20 minutes , you will have go to the interview, with an american women, who was very nice. 

We got approved, I have the paper signed,, but today i check the website and the say Refused....i am freaking out!!!!

So i feel like I have an issue ... my joint sponsor didn't fill in that she had her mother as her dependent on her I-864 form I had ask her before sending off the packet to NVC if she did and said no, now I'm gathering my documents for my interview next month and saw on her tax transcripts that she does have a dependent. Now I'm confused as what todo should I take a new I-864 with the updated information to the interview  or what ? Please HELPP

Edited by Mun95

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.