dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview August 2017

1,556 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
2 hours ago, ricvtr22 said:

They had their visa denied for the first time twelve years ago. They've been trying ever since and never had any luck. To be honest with you, they were very discouraged thorough the IV process. God willing, I am planning for them to be here by Thanksgiving, for enjoy this great American holiday  :) 

Wow, what a long journey! I remember reading about that they were discouraged and how worried they were.. Thanksgiving will be an amazing one!! :) Congrats again. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
3 hours ago, JBMG said:

You could always write an email to your embassy, asking when do they normally release the interview dates to the NVC... Could put you on their radar..Not sure if it could help.. but def worth a shot.. :) Wishing you luck! 

Hey you,how you doing with the whole interview date coming up?how you preparing😜😜😂😂

Timeline
3 minutes ago, SP&SP said:

Oh this so touching and am so happy for the approval of your parents so amazing to have them with you,oh your papa cried made me tear too,congrats to you n them and happy life!

Seriously, not often we read posts that do that. 

1 minute ago, SP&SP said:

Hey you,how you doing with the whole interview date coming up?how you preparing😜😜😂😂

:) Thanks for asking. We're all set!! Well hubby has to do his medical, but that will happen the day before the interview as it's in Paris as well... This is often the case in France as they give the results back the same day, just needed to make sure all vaccines were up to date, done that and now his all set. :)  What about you? All ready?  Been a long journey for you!! 1 year anniversary tomorrow from your USCIS receipt date. Wow, but soon you'll be done with all of this. :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
3 minutes ago, JBMG said:

Seriously, not often we read posts that do that. 

:) Thanks for asking. We're all set!! Well hubby has to do his medical, but that will happen the day before the interview as it's in Paris as well... This is often the case in France as they give the results back the same day, just needed to make sure all vaccines were up to date, done that and now his all set. :)  What about you? All ready?  Been a long journey for you!! 1 year anniversary tomorrow from your USCIS receipt date. Wow, but soon you'll be done with all of this. :)

Yea all getting ready arranging my folders getting all docs in order,medical done n went well now just waiting for the day,

well tomorrow will be 1 year since USCIS but well it's along journey and hoping for the best each n every day,

Am glad you preparing good too!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline

Still waiting for the appointment to get scheduled... Good luck to everybody!:rolleyes:

• Got married - 9/26/2014
  • I-130 filed - 9/22/2016
  • NOA1(Went to Nebraska) - 9/27/2016 
  • Got transferred to Texas Service Center - 2/23/2017
  • NOA2 - 3/28/2017 
  • Got sent to NVC - 3/31/2017 
  • NVC received our case - 4/7/2017
  • Case number assigned - 4/6/2017
  • DS-261 Filled out - 4/10/2017
  • Welcome letter/invoice received - 4/11/2017
  • AOS fee payed - 4/12/2017
  • IV fee payed - 4/14/2017
  • Completed DS-260 Application - 4/20/2017
  • Sent documents to NVC - 5/15/2017
  • Scan Date - 5/19/2017
  • Case Complete at NVC - 7/19/2017
  • Interview date released - 8/1/2017
  • Interview date - 9/6/2017 - Approved!
  •  

Timeline
On 7/20/2017 at 2:18 PM, yunidmemma said:

Got email from NVC, CC today, scan date May 23, Embassy, Havana, waiting for interview now, good luck to everyone

On 7/20/2017 at 2:49 AM, E&N said:

Got CC yesterday! After 15wks.😪 Idk if the people who answered my questions last week are still here. But thanks! 

It was received on 04/03/17 and after 11wks I called they told me sometimes cases get over looked. It was put on "supervisor review" told me it can take up to 6 additional weeks and only took 4. Hyped😊 Waiting for an interview now😍

@yunidmemma and @E&N

Congrats for your CC!!!!!

Tagged you in this forum so you can join others who are waiting for an interview date and preparing for their interviews. Please read the first post, very informative info in there.

Case Complete to Interview August 2017

10 hours ago, JBMG said:

YAY!!!!!! Congrats MLK!! Wishing you both a happy life together!!  And thanks again for all of your feedback and loyalty to the forum. :) 

And thank you for the work you have done on the forum and good luck to you in the upcoming interview.:)

On 7/20/2017 at 7:38 PM, vintash said:

Hello everyone ! I want to say thank you to everyone that wrote their reviews and gave all the information they could, it was very useful! 

We had our interview on Thursday July 13th in Montreal. I live in Toronto and my husband lives in NY. We met in Toronto and drove over to Montreal the night before. Prior to leaving I checked the weather (because Canada is different everyday ) and it called for rain on Thursday. I wanted to be prepared in case we had to wait outside the embassy. I packed a umbrella and made sure my documents were in a plastic closed folder. 

Our appointment was scheduled for 9 am. I want to arrive and be by the embassy by8-15 am. We stayed at the chrome hotel about 9 min walk away. Our hotel had parking and checkout was 12pm so we left the car there. We left the hotel around 730 am to get to the area around 745 am. However, due to the rain we took a cab which misunderstood and took us to embassy suites the hotel (smh). That put us another 10 mins away so we called an uber to go to the us embassy and we got there around 8:05 am. I saw people going in so I want to see if they were going to let me in but the lady said to come back at 8:30. We then went to the famous Starbucks across the street and ordered something to eat. At 8:25 we walked back to the doors and they were ready for us. She asked for my welcome letter and passport. You're then directed to the doors for security screening. I went in with no jewelry other than my wedding ring and nothing In my pockets. It was simple for me. My husband had his phone, lighter, cigarettes, wallet etc and they kept everything except the wallet. They gave us a ticket to collect it after we're done. You take the stairs down to the elevator and the elevator up to the 19th floor. The photo booth they have for the passport pictures is a old school birth that you put change and it spits out a strip of photos. I wouldn't rely on that for your photos. 

We get upstairs and it's and open space with seat for about 50 I think. To the left is a cashier area( I guess to pay certain fees, but I didn't have to go there ) 

We waited to be called about 40 mins after 9 am. I was called to window 1. The lady was very nice. She asked one by one all my original documents. As I was standing there I noticed she has my full package from the nvc there with her. She then asked me the address I'll be staying at in the US and passport photos then told me to have a seat I'll be called again. 

I waited about 10 mins and I was called up to window 8. Greeted by a really nice woman. She commented how prepared I was and said it won't be hard. She asked me when did we meet, when did we get engaged, where our wedding was and what he does for a living. It all lasted a total of 5 mins and she said the glorious words 'you're approved'. She said to expect my passport with 5 days at my registered courier service. She said she didn't need the print out of it that I had but I recommend you bring it all just to be safe. She said the last form of contact from them will be an email regarding the passport and when it will be ready

The whole interview process was the easiest part of all this. Like everyone here keeps saying, be overly prepared and you'll be fine. I also think you wouldn't be there unless you are going to be approved (at least for Canadians) it all just seemed like a formality. We got notified that the passport was at the post office Friday and would be ready for pick up Monday. That puts it 2 days after the interview approval. 

I hope I didn't miss anything and feel free to ask me anything you like to know !

Good luck and don't be worried! 

Thank you @vintash for such a detailed review. It will help me a lot. I have interview after 2 weeks at Montreal. Good luck for POE and have a great life in states 😀🎉

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
1 hour ago, cadtousa said:

Thank you @vintash for such a detailed review. It will help me a lot. I have interview after 2 weeks at Montreal. Good luck for POE and have a great life in states 😀🎉

Very nice review  thanks .Good luck to you and your Hubby .:jest:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
14 hours ago, ricvtr22 said:

I am happy to announce that my parents' visa was APPROVED today!!! Yayyyy! The CO only asked them to clarify why they've had tourist visa denied in the past. My mother explained to the officer the reasons and then he said "Today, you are leaving here with a different story, I am approving your visa today". My dad started crying with joy when he heard those magic words. He has always cried in the past when their visa got denied, but today, it was a different story, like the CO said. They had tourist visa denied 5 times in the past.

Thank you so much VJ family for being there when I needed the most. I had hired a lawyer to help me with this process, but she made more mistakes than helping me. A special shout out to @JBMG for creating this forum and for always be willing to go above and beyond to answer any questions!

@Louie1988, I am praying that you can get your interview date soon. my parents' experience at RDJ was excellent.

Wishing everyone luck with their interviews in August! 

Best,

ricvtr22

14 hours ago, Ulrica&Jesse said:

Thank you @JBMG -_- I'm hoping for early September date very much! :rolleyes:

Congratulations you both!!! @ricvtr22 - very very happy for your parents!! Good luck on the POE!! 👍

USCIS
08/15/2016: I-130 sent to USCIS
08/18/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Nebraska Service Center
02/17/2017: NOA2, I-130 approved 

02/24/2017: Notification received on App (I130 Approved)
02/26/2017: Approved I-130 sent to NVC

02/28/2017: (NOA2) Notification received via snail mail.

NVC
03/06/2017: Case number assigned
03/11/2017: Received email with case number and invoice number
03/11/2017: DS 261 Completed

03/11/2017: AOS fees paid

03/17/2017:IV Fees Paid

03/23/2017: DS 260 Submitted

03/23/2017: AOS & IV Package sent

03/27/2017: Scan date

05/30/2017: Case Complete

06/02/2017: Received Interview date over Phone(scheduled to Jul 17th)

06/03/2017: Received P4 letter over email confirming the Interview date

06/08/2017: Medical done

07/16/2017: Biometrics scheduled

07/17/2017: Interview in Mumbai

07/17/2017: Visa Approved

07/19/2017: Passport received at VAC, Intimation received.

07/20/2017: Passport in Hand

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
On 7/21/2017 at 6:11 AM, Mamad-78ky said:

Hello Touly!

how are you ?

I want you to post your interview on Tuesday last please.

It will give me great pleasure. I need to have an idea because I will have my interview in two weeks

Im sorry, I have not posted anything yet due to my husband has a second interview the first was not bad but i will post it once we have visa in hand. If you do have any question please be sure to send me a message

Filed: E-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
1 hour ago, spinkycow said:

I was just able to move my appointment date from the 21st of September to the 24th of August!!!!! :jest:

That's awesome! Congrats! Did you mention any specific reason to Embassy or you just gave a shot? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.