web2nala

Medical Exam Deadline - K2

2 posts in this topic

My wife and I have been discussing this and as usual, we both think that we are correct...lol.  I petitioned for my wife and her two children last June on K1 and K2 visas (from the Philippines) and my now wife came in to the USA via a K1.  We married in March and filed for AOS.  However, the kids were held up due to PTB treatments at St Lukes.  Her son completed the treatments, was interviewed and received his K2 visa this week.  The issue is regarding his medical exam and the initial exam date.  At St. Lukes, they told him that he must enter the USA before the six month deadline which is August 3rd.  I maintain that six months is a deadline just for issuance of the visa  and since he has his visa now, he has up to 6 months to travel here.  The reason for this discussion is that the other child (his younger sister) cannot get through her medical for at least another month and we really want them to travel together.  So the readers digest version of my question is this:

With these facts, 

1. Original medical exam was February 3rd.

2. K2 visa was received  on June 27.

Does the child now have a 6 month window to travel to the USA even after August 3rd without another medical exam.

BTW,  This is not regarding the AOS filing,  I am aware that in order to avoid another medical, we must file AOS before the 12 month deadline.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.