sereia

common names causing petition to take a long time?!

31 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

06.14.2006 - Got Married in Alexandria, Egypt :) :) :)

05.23.2007 - INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!!! inshallah.......

*** Interview is a SUCCESS !!!! *** now for a speedy AP!! inshallah...

06.18.2007 - Starting to Freak Out over this AP #######

06.27.2007 - Visa In Hand.. Alhamdulillah!

07.13.2007 - Husband arrives in the US!!! alhamdulillah ..yup.. thats right Friday the 13th!!

07.24.2007 - Mailed in AOS & EAD together to Chicago

It doesn't matter what you say

I just can't stay here every yesterday

Like keep on acting out the same

The way we act out

Every way to smile

Forget

And make-believe we never needed

Any more than this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cf6k4yJyv0

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xv6lHwWwO3w

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

great. i just found out from a moroccan friend of mine that my fiance's last name IS common.... greattttttttttttttt

Don't add anxiety to your plate just yet. Common in Morocco or common in the Muslim world? Could make a huge difference.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

well i've never heard of anyone with his last name before... and checking those FBI lists he seems in the clear ;)

remember at worst. you wil be waiting for the security checks to clear after the interview. It is a formality and unless your fiance turns out to be a wanted man then the visa wil be issued. It just means more waiting. (F) And besides doesnt he have to stay to finish school :P

erfoud44.jpg

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

yah he does...but just knowing he has the visa in hand would take a huge weight off our shoulders. now i keep getting the question from everyone, "what if he gets denied!? what would you do?" argh! :) then i can relax AND shut them all up once we know. lol

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Relax, kiddo. There's nothing you can do about this one even if he's named Osama bin Laden; ain't gonna change 'is name this late in the game. :)

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Relax, kiddo. There's nothing you can do about this one even if he's named Osama bin Laden; ain't gonna change 'is name this late in the game. :)

ah ...perspective. Something we loose sight of with all this Vjing. Excellent reminder!

erfoud44.jpg

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

God only knows I've been a crazy person through most of this, and the only way our case could have been easier would have been if, well, he were American. ;) Perspective --- that was the thingy they asked us to submit with the I-129F, eh?

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Jen-like you i am concerned about about those security checks and how long they will take and if there will be a hit. I checked those sites also, and luckily, nothing even close. I have faith that we will both be getting the call on that Wednesday saying, "Approved."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
well i've never heard of anyone with his last name before... and checking those FBI lists he seems in the clear ;)

Where are thoese FBI hit list posted? Can any one share a link. I never even knew they had this information available LOL

They were posted a few responses up in this thread.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FBI_Most_Wanted_Terrorists

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/terrorists/fugitives.htm

Where are thoese FBI hit list posted? Can any one share a link. I never even knew they had this information available LOL

They were posted a few responses up in this thread.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FBI_Most_Wanted_Terrorists

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/terrorists/fugitives.htm

It's not just terrorits on these security DOS lists. Criminal activity applies as well. And remember the majority of names on these lists are merely suspects not known terrorists/crinimals. And just because your SO's name matches some on on the list, it doesnt mean it is going to take time. It is a matter of how many hits there is and where or not a manual check is triggered to sort though the possible matches.

erfoud44.jpg

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

Filed: Timeline

Moh's name consists of 4 very common names and we had a 9 month AP. Whether this had anything to do with it or not, its very hard to say. Their database is immense. I remember when I began obsessing over all this before his interview and it really did nothing to satisfy or calm me. It made the journey even more difficult and ended up costing me a job. When we were originally expecting issuance, he received a request for fingerprints, 2 more months for clearance and 2 more months for issurance. All I can say is whatever will come of this process will come, its not by anyone's hands once a case hits AP. It does seem 99.9% of the time to eventually come to a positive conclusion. Just takes a huge amount of patience to keep from going insane.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
I don't know how common Abdelilah is itself, but I wonder if all of the names that start with Abdel would be checked, causing it to take longer, not sure.

I was just thinking about this last night. This is my husbands name as well. Does it matter if they "say" the last name first and the first name last? Or if and when it comes to the name check, (not for me, for anyone) do they run the name with a variation of combinations or just whats on the application?

I know a guy in Morocco, who is on AP. He says hes gotten calls to see if he had been out of the country recently. His name in Muhammad.

Is that normal? Has anyones husband/fiance ever experienced that b4?

Limah (L)(F)

Pray with me Forrest! Dear God, make me a bird so I can fly far. Far, far away from here..... Dear God, make me a bird so I can fly far. Far, far away from here!

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Here's an article about issues in visa processing. It's rather lengthy, but does mention name checks and issues surrounding them that give the consulates trouble.

http://www.wolfsdorf.com/articles/Consular...sing%202005.pdf

Edited by Green-eyed girl

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.