445 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, KaurN said:

@aura099

Yes this PCC works for Canada and Australia I think. For the States you need one from the Passport office. And not to scare you but in Punjab it isn't that easy. You need to book an appointment first, then they send the police to your place to do an inquiry and get some witnesses. Once the police sends a clear report back to the passport office they send you a notification to come collect the PCC. At least that is how it worked for us. My husband even had to get a new passport because my name wasn't listed on his passport as his spouse and the passport office said they would not issue a PCC unless he gets a new passport.

well..this was all done. police did come to house and did their inquiry...but we got the above PCC which seems to be incorrect. Should i talk to the office of supdt regarding if they have sent report back to passport office?

i don't know why would they require new passport now...from what it seems, PCC from passport office is just lettter explaining that you have good character...nothing about spouse.

Edited by aura009

4 hours ago, nessasmom980 said:

It's your choice.  Your wait at nvc will be several weeks.  Plenty of time to send the correct document and not create a delay for yourself.  Only trying to help but you can do as u wish😊 best of luck.

I guess I am going to hold on to complete ds 260 because i am assuming they start reviewing your papers once ds 260 is done and they have received your aos/iv package.

Edited by aura009

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
45 minutes ago, aura009 said:

well..this was all done. police did come to house and did their inquiry...but we got the above PCC which seems to be incorrect. Should i talk to the office of supdt regarding if they have sent report back to passport office?

i don't know why would they require new passport now...from what it seems, PCC from passport office is just lettter explaining that you have good character...nothing about spouse.

Whether the police already came or not that does not matter. When you apply for a PCC from the passport office, the passport office has to initiate the  inquiry. The passport office has to request the inquiry and it goes through several branches.

On Indian passports just like your parents name is listed on the passport your spouses name gets listed too. So if your wife applies for a PCC as a married person they will ask her to get a new passport with your name on it as her spouse. I am just telling you these things based off my experience there are some people who said that they didn't have to get a new passport and others did. My husband made an appointment to apply for a PCC and they asked him to get a new passport first. Ask your wife to go to the passport office and inquire about this before she makes an appointment for the PCC. You won't know the whole process until your wife makes an appointment with the passport office and applies for a PCC. Forget about the PCC from the superintendents office it has nothing at all to do with the one you really need.

Edited by KaurN

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, KaurN said:

How did you make out with the PCC @aura009 ?

just received one today. didn't have to deal with new passport issue. thank you. :)

btw, just had quick question, i called nvc and they said to send document cover sheet and a letter when sending correct pcc, I know i will mark "enclosed" for PCC, but what about other documents? just leave them blank?

Timeline
2 hours ago, aura009 said:

just received one today. didn't have to deal with new passport issue. thank you. :)

btw, just had quick question, i called nvc and they said to send document cover sheet and a letter when sending correct pcc, I know i will mark "enclosed" for PCC, but what about other documents? just leave them blank?

I am glad you did not have to go through that hassle. There seems to be no consistency between the PSK's in Punjab. They all have their own rules.

@nessasmom980 @KaurN @JBMG

Sorry for bugging you guys, but I am hoping to get ans asap as i need to send in pcc asap.

i called nvc and they said to send document cover sheet and a letter when sending correct pcc, I know i will mark "enclosed" for PCC, but what about other documents? just leave them blank?

Edited by aura009

21 hours ago, KaurN said:

I am glad you did not have to go through that hassle. There seems to be no consistency between the PSK's in Punjab. They all have their own rules.

KaurnN,

since you already went thru interview process, can you please tell me if my spouse need to bring i-864 to the interview or does nvc automatically send them to the embassy? I did not make copy of i-864 and i am now thinking of sending another form to nvc and make copy of it so i can give it to my spouse.

what do you think?

Timeline
48 minutes ago, aura009 said:

KaurnN,

since you already went thru interview process, can you please tell me if my spouse need to bring i-864 to the interview or does nvc automatically send them to the embassy? I did not make copy of i-864 and i am now thinking of sending another form to nvc and make copy of it so i can give it to my spouse.

what do you think?

Typically the NVC does send over everything to the consulate but it is recommended that you do take a copy of the I-864 to the interview. My husband carried a copy with him but the CO only asked him for my w2's. If I were you I would fill in a new I-864 sign it and email it to him. He doesn't need to take the original a copy will suffice.

8 hours ago, KaurN said:

Typically the NVC does send over everything to the consulate but it is recommended that you do take a copy of the I-864 to the interview. My husband carried a copy with him but the CO only asked him for my w2's. If I were you I would fill in a new I-864 sign it and email it to him. He doesn't need to take the original a copy will suffice.

So you are saying fill out another signed i-864 and but just send it my spouse instead of nvc? I never made copy of my original i-864 that i sent 2 weeks ago to nvc.

Timeline

That is what I would do. Any thoughts @chamma

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 5:38 PM, aura009 said:

So you are saying fill out another signed i-864 and but just send it my spouse instead of nvc? I never made copy of my original i-864 that i sent 2 weeks ago to nvc.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
On 8/4/2017 at 1:15 AM, aura009 said:

@nessasmom980 @KaurN @JBMG

Sorry for bugging you guys, but I am hoping to get ans asap as i need to send in pcc asap.

i called nvc and they said to send document cover sheet and a letter when sending correct pcc, I know i will mark "enclosed" for PCC, but what about other documents? just leave them blank?

Yep, on top, your cover sheet with barcode. Yes, leave others blank. A short letter explaining why sending in the new document. (If you received a checklist for missing docs, you would include that as well). Write your case number on the upper right hand corner of each document (page) you send in. :-)

Regarding, aos, if NVC doesn't require you to bring an updated version to your interview, then you should be ok. people bring it as back up. Heck, my advice is to bring an updated version as a copy of the original is pointless as they should have it already. I suggest  back up joint sponsors for those using assets to qualify or if their sponsor's income is just meeting the requirements. You'll receive a list of documents that you will need to bring. :-) 

Good luck. 

Edited by JBMG

On Sunday, July 23, 2017 at 8:08 PM, aura009 said:

Guys, This is the PCC i got from punjab....is this valid or will I get checklist?? I just sent my package 2 days ago. please respond asap.

thank you.

Untitled2(1).png

I had sent both PCC  from police station and passport office to NVC. And i got my cc confirmation on 3rd aug 2017.  I think there will be no problem if u sent both pcc.

Edited by dildeepnagra

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 07/08/2017 at 0:23 PM, KaurN said:

That is what I would do. Any thoughts @chamma

Sorry for being late on this. 

That's ok. If you have no change in the figures Yvan simply create a new copy and share it with your spouse.  We did the same. We didn't have a copy either.

USCIS
08/15/2016: I-130 sent to USCIS
08/18/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Nebraska Service Center
02/17/2017: NOA2, I-130 approved 

02/24/2017: Notification received on App (I130 Approved)
02/26/2017: Approved I-130 sent to NVC

02/28/2017: (NOA2) Notification received via snail mail.

NVC
03/06/2017: Case number assigned
03/11/2017: Received email with case number and invoice number
03/11/2017: DS 261 Completed

03/11/2017: AOS fees paid

03/17/2017:IV Fees Paid

03/23/2017: DS 260 Submitted

03/23/2017: AOS & IV Package sent

03/27/2017: Scan date

05/30/2017: Case Complete

06/02/2017: Received Interview date over Phone(scheduled to Jul 17th)

06/03/2017: Received P4 letter over email confirming the Interview date

06/08/2017: Medical done

07/16/2017: Biometrics scheduled

07/17/2017: Interview in Mumbai

07/17/2017: Visa Approved

07/19/2017: Passport received at VAC, Intimation received.

07/20/2017: Passport in Hand

Timeline
11 hours ago, dildeepnagra said:

I had sent both PCC  from police station and passport office to NVC. And i got my cc confirmation on 3rd aug 2017.  I think there will be no problem if u sent both pcc.

It's fine if you sent both. But if you only send the one from the police station you'll end up getting a checklist.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.