U.S. Wendy

DENIED in ALBANIA

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

:angry: Well, my fiance was denied on Thursday. My fiance was scheduled for 9 a.m. on 4/12/07. We had lots of proof, photos from my visit in 12/06, proof of our first meeting 05/06, e-mails, cards, phone records, chat logs, etc. He was interviewed by an American Man and an interpreter. I believe this man was the Assistant Consul.

He was asked the following:

1-how do you know her?

2-where does she live in U.S.?

3-what is her phone number?

4-how do you communicate?

5-how many brothers and sisters does she have?

There may be more and I'll add them to this review later when I speak to my fiance.....and the shock has worn off.

He was asked to return at 4 p.m. and was given a letter with 221g section checked off and "Revocation Recommended" and his passport was returned.

They told him that he's only attempting to marry for immigration purposes. There is a section of this letter where they COULD HAVE checked off: medical reasons, criminal reasons or requested additional information, but they did not so we have NO idea WHY they have really refused him. We are both devastated and prepared for a fight. We are a 'high risk' couple-->as I hear another VJ'er describe it-->mixed race, age difference 16 years, etc. but it is NOT the Consular Officers job to READJUDICATE the claim and I am trying to get them to reconsider and allow us to prove proof that this is an authentic relationship.

They have responded to my inquiry and won't give me any specifics, only saying they are sending the case back for review by the NVC (I am trying to stop them from doing this and bombarded them with lots of immigration law regarding the issue). If they decide to return the application packet anyway, we have a 6-12 month battle ahead of us. We're getting an attorney if our Senator can't force a reversal.

Now, if my fiance was trying to commit fraud, he'd figure the 'jig' is up and move on to another 'scam' right?.......but he's so hurt by this and when I ask if he wants to fight them, he says, "of course". He asks me to come there and be with him so I'm flying over there in a few weeks if I can't get some action from this end and I've requested an interview with this consular officer.....don't know if I'll actually get one. Keep us in your prayers.

NOA 2: 04-02-2008-->SECOND Petition approved

07-31-08- Entered the U.S.

09-17-08- Married

10-29-08: File AOS, EAD, AP

01-15-09: EAD Approved

02-26-09: Biometrics Appt.

03-07-09: EAD card received via mail

03-20-09: AOS approved

03-28-09: Greencard arrives via mail

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Sorry to hear this. Check out this thread 221g-RETURNING TO USCIS..... it's in the Mid-East/North Africa forum. Kiya knows alot about this as well as Chiquita.

Mary K.

Mary (NC) Atif (Youssoufia)

NOA2 for 129F on 16 Nov 2005......NOA2 for I-130 on 28 Nov 2005

INTERVIEW DATE SCHEDULED FOR 9AM[GMT] 27 FEBRUARY 2006-Issued 221g for Validity of relationship....told being sent back to USCIS/Atif Received Visa On 10 March 2006

AOS/EAD

10 July 2006--signed I-485 and I-765

25 July 2006 recieved NOA-1 for both

18 Aug 2006 Biometrics Appt.

21 Oct 2006 EAD arrives in mail

26 Dec 2006 received aapt.->01 Feb 2007 AOS interview->CANCELLED! rescheduled 01 Aug 2007-waiting

09 Feb '07-received denial of AOS--#######??!! MTR filed--Interview-01 Aug 07

27 Sept '07-I-765 [#2] filed--14 Nov '07 Biomerics for I-765 [#2]

Take it from me....GO TO THE AOS INTERVIEW DATE ANYWAY!!!!! EVEN IF YOU GET THE SNAIL MAIL NOTICE!!!

August 2009--Permanent Resident Card arrives!!!!

We are Finished with Immigration for 10 years!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Sounds very familiar and it is shocking, if they would only base their decisions on the CONCRETE evidence in front of them and not assume this one is like some of the others, but then again they have to look at the evidence first. With your embassy im not sure our emails are pretty much going unanswered and the senators cant "make" much happen just speak for us and try. We are going into our second week of doing the same thing. Good luck

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Wow, a Jaci redux.

Have you searched for posts by Jaci? Same Consulate, same issue.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Wow, a Jaci redux.

You read my mind meauxna, I instantly thought of Jaci when I saw this thread.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Wow, a Jaci redux.

You read my mind meauxna, I instantly thought of Jaci when I saw this thread.

r-jo just reminded me--Jaci was in Romania. d'oh, sorry!

But, same issue.. I think the OP could glean from Jaci's experiences.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

:ot:

I don't know why I keep reading this thread as "Denied in Alabama". I'm losing it. :wacko:

Anyway, I hope everything works out for you and that you eventually get your visa.

:ot2:

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I am so sorry for you and I wish you good luck in the fight ahead

***I-130***

2006-12-14 I-130 Sent to Vermont Service Center

2007-01-12 I-130 NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

***I-129F (new form)***

2007-01-31 I-129F Sent to Chicago

2007-02-07 I-129F NOA1

2007-04-06 Approved!

***US Embassy Islamabad***

2007-04-25 Packet Received by my wife

2007-05-15 Medical Exam

2007-05-29 Interview Approved!

2007-05-29 AP starts

2007-11-01 Wife got call to pickup her Visa from American Express

2008-01-12 POE at JFK

***I-485***

2008-11-10 I-485 Sent to Chicago

2008-11-20 Payment accepted

2008-11-22 I-485 NOA1

2009-01-09 Biometric

2009-03-08 Interview Letter

2009-04-08 Interview Approved!

2009-04-08 Welcome letter received

2009-04-18 Green Card Received

USA_b.gifpakistan_b.gif

Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer and anything posted is just my own opinion

OMG! I heard that it's better that the petitioner be with their fiance/fiancee on the interview to show more support personally to get a better chance the K1 visa.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Naturalization

Aug. 05, 2009......sent N-400

Aug. 06, 2009......delivered at 11:45

Aug. 17, 2009.....NOA

Sept.01, 2009.....biometric appointment

Sept.12, 2009.....rcved interview letter

Oct. 19, 2009.....date of interview....passed!!!!!

Nov. 18, 2009.....Oath Ceremony...yahooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Timeline

Thanks for all of your support. I will definitely check out Jaci's situation...even if it's Romania. I just spent two hours at kinko's copying EVERYTHING for my Senator and spent the morning writing out all the details of our relationship-->evidence of the validity of the relationship.

I forgot to say that they asked my fiance what my phone number was. Can you believe that? He didn't know, but he gave them my e-mail address. I don't know his phone number-->IT'S PROGRAMMED IN MY CELL. If I ever lost that thing, I'd have to look up old cell phone bills!!! We rarely spoke on the phone anyway. It costs like $5.00 per minute for him to call me and $1.64 per minute for me to call there. Our primary mode of communication is MSN messenger with webcam and microphone-->much better than the phone.

Anyway, I'm going to keep fighting and fighting until we get what we both want more than anything in the world....and that is to be together.

I'll keep you posted.

As for the comment about me attending the interview-->after reading some of the experiences of others in Albania, I didn't bother-->they won't even let you in the building. Security is VERY tight. I wanted to save my mere (4) four days of vacation for his arrival in the states and subsequent marriage. Now, I have to use them to go over there and have it out with the embassy....but also to spend some, much needed, time with my love.

sigh.... :blink::wacko:

09-17-08- Married

Thanks for all of your support. I will definitely check out Jaci's situation...even if it's Romania. I just spent two hours at kinko's copying EVERYTHING for my Senator and spent the morning writing out all the details of our relationship-->evidence of the validity of the relationship.

I forgot to say that they asked my fiance what my phone number was. Can you believe that? He didn't know, but he gave them my e-mail address. I don't know his phone number-->IT'S PROGRAMMED IN MY CELL. If I ever lost that thing, I'd have to look up old cell phone bills!!! We rarely spoke on the phone anyway. It costs like $5.00 per minute for him to call me and $1.64 per minute for me to call there. Our primary mode of communication is MSN messenger with webcam and microphone-->much better than the phone.

Anyway, I'm going to keep fighting and fighting until we get what we both want more than anything in the world....and that is to be together.

I'll keep you posted.

As for the comment about me attending the interview-->after reading some of the experiences of others in Albania, I didn't bother-->they won't even let you in the building. Security is VERY tight. I wanted to save my mere (4) four days of vacation for his arrival in the states and subsequent marriage. Now, I have to use them to go over there and have it out with the embassy....but also to spend some, much needed, time with my love.

sigh.... :blink::wacko:

How in the world they won't let you get in in the US Embassy when you're a USC? Well, in Manila US Embassy the USC petitioner just show their US passport and they will let them with their fiancee without waiting in a long line outside the US Embassy.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Naturalization

Aug. 05, 2009......sent N-400

Aug. 06, 2009......delivered at 11:45

Aug. 17, 2009.....NOA

Sept.01, 2009.....biometric appointment

Sept.12, 2009.....rcved interview letter

Oct. 19, 2009.....date of interview....passed!!!!!

Nov. 18, 2009.....Oath Ceremony...yahooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

Timeline

This is from someone whose fiance interviewed in Albania in December.

"I had confirmed prior to flying to Albania that I could attend the interview and then they would not let me inside! I was finally able to enter between 2 and 4 when they let Americans inside and luckily my fiance still was waiting so I was able to join him. The guards and initial contact outside the embassy are rude and speak very little English."

I suppose I could have taken my chances, but I didn't. It's a mute point now. Please don't make me feel any worse than I already do.

How in the world they won't let you get in in the US Embassy when you're a USC? Well, in Manila US Embassy the USC petitioner just show their US passport and they will let them with their fiancee without waiting in a long line outside the US Embassy.

09-17-08- Married

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.