IAMX

Another racist (and sexist) professor gets sacked

4 posts in this topic

Timeline

But if we were to ask the left it wouldn't be racism. 

EXACTLY WHAT SHE DESERVES: Professor Fired For Saying Otto Warmbier ‘Got Exactly What He Deserved’

The University of Delaware has sacked Katherine Dettwyler, the taxpayer-funded professor who declared that Otto Warmbier was a “spoiled,” “white, rich, clueless” American college student who “got exactly what he deserved” when he recently ended up comatose and then died at the age of 22 after serving part of a lengthy prison sentence in North Korea.

The University of Delaware has announced that Katherine Dettwyler, who last taught in the spring as an adjunct faculty member, will not be rehired to teach at the University in the future,” school officials said in a statement sent to The Daily Caller on Sunday.

Dettwyler made her comments on Wednesday on Facebook and in the comments section of a National Review article. At some point on Friday, she later removed or otherwise concealed the comments.

Is it wrong of me to think that Otto Warmbier got exactly what he deserved?” the no-longer-employed professor wondered on Facebook. “He went to North Korea, for ****’s sake, and then acted like a spoiled, naive, arrogant, US college student who had never had to face the consequences of his actions.”

The 62-year-old anthropology professor — an expert on breastfeeding (according to a now-deleted curriculum vitae) — was even more critical of Warmbier in her National Review comments.

Otto is typical of the mindset of a lot of the young, white, rich, clueles [sic] males who come into my classes,” Dettwyler wrote. “These are the same kids who cry about their grades, because they didn’t think they’d really have to read and study the material to get a good grade. They simple deserve a good grade for being who they are. Or instead of crying, they bluster and threaten their female professors.”

Dettwyler blamed Warmbier’s parents for allowing their son to grow up “thinking he could get away with whatever he wanted.”

She also wrote that “young, white, rich, clueless white males routinely get away with raping women” in the United States.

Warmbier’s bad behavior — allegedly stealing a sign — reminds Dettyler of male students who “think nothing of raping drunk girls at frat parties and snorting cocaine, cheating on exams, and threatening professors with physical violence,” she said, according to Campus Reform.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/06/25/exactly-what-she-deserves-professor-fired-for-saying-otto-warmbier-got-exactly-what-he-deserved/

I completely agree with the tiny fraction of this that deals with actions and consequence (going to NK, stealing.. two dumb ideas that should have been thought twice) -- "professor", meet action and consequence. Now you have all the time in the world to whine about terrible white males.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I agree as discussed in the other NK thread.  I don't understand the thrill of going to NK as a tourist other than for bragging rights and if he did in fact attempt to take the sign, it could have been planned as a trophy.  That being said, the rankings of this professor does seem over the top.  I also wonder how many males actually took her classes on breastfeeding.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline

In some ways I feel bad for her.. people have said this kind of inflammatory ####### since the founding of the country. It's just unfortunate that it's Mob Mentality USA 2017 and having an opinion, as stupid as it may be, invokes the mob that costs you your job. The left are the ones who started this outrage=lose your job, the right decided they wanted to follow them, yet again, on this stupidity as well. Both sides of the spectrum seem to like this game. I don't, but whatever, I'm smart enough to keep my opinions out of the spotlight away from snowflakes. She went fishing for attention and paid for it.

Edited by IAMX