Mrs.C.M.

When we are ready to move onto the NVC........Question?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi all-

I was just thinking about the time between the NOA1, NOA2 and the NVC.  I will be visiting my husband at least 1 time if not 2 during this wait.  To validate our relationship will we have another opportunity to submit more marriage documents/proof, additional visits, banking information, wedding gift/cards etc.?  I have already submitted chats, video, text, phone records, our wedding announcement, life insurance beneficiary information, bank account beneficiary documents, health insurance through my employer for overseas coverage of my hubby.  As with a lot of applicants we are limited due to him being in India and me here in the US. We had been denied our K-1 and the congressman informed us that the counselor had questioned the validity of our relationship, I imagine due to me being 14 years older and I was divorced after 10 years in a previous marriage(seems like common red flags..... it's not my fault I fall for younger men, I always have.... :D).  The funny thing is that they also harped on him for not being the same religion as me however he is.  We are both Christians.  He was born Hindu and was given a Hindu name and converted to Christianity about 7 years ago.  He was even baptized into the Christian faith and we are both a member of the same world wide church. I never thought that would be in question, if so I would have included some church records.  In any event they really road that issue about my divorce because my ex-husband and I were not of the same faith. They focused on the fact that if the marriage with my previous husband was not able to work due to religious differences then why would this one, of course the thing of it all was that he is Christian and they just were not believing it as well as the fact that I was married for just about 10 years not 10 days, I don't think I am the first person to get divorced after 10 years.....it's not like it was 10 days. :( In any event we certainly don't want a repeat performance!! I will go to this interview for sure!! I also want to include his church baptismal certificate and a letter from the pastor indicating that he is a regular attending member. If anyone out there has any other suggestions of things to include please let me know, I am hoping that there will be an opportunity prior to the interview.

I just want to make sure that during this time we are waiting that as we gather more support to our relationship in hopes that we could have the opportunity to present it prior to the interview. We don't want the same heart break again.

Thanks for the input!

(L)Mrs. C.M.(L) 

Edited by Mrs.C.M.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

you don't send proof at the NVC stage, that stage is for other documents

the rest of the proof will be submitted at the interview, the more you have, the better, you will have ample time to visit, take pictures, meet his family, pictures with family and friends, receipts of all kind, proof of your flight, etc

12 hours ago, aleful said:

hi

you don't send proof at the NVC stage, that stage is for other documents

the rest of the proof will be submitted at the interview, the more you have, the better, you will have ample time to visit, take pictures, meet his family, pictures with family and friends, receipts of all kind, proof of your flight, etc

Actually you can send relationship evidence with the IV package to the NVC.  It's called side-loading and is recommended for high fraud countries. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
5 hours ago, NikLR said:

Actually you can send relationship evidence with the IV package to the NVC.  It's called side-loading and is recommended for high fraud countries. 

Oh that sounds more promising.......I "Googled" packet IV  and I think this is the time I should send the other relationship evidence in correct?

Step 5: Collect Supporting Documents

After you collect your financial forms and supporting financial evidence, you and each family member immigrating with you to the United States should collect the civil documents that are required to support your visa application. You need to: 

• Gather the documents that apply to you using the information below.
  • Send a photocopy of all required civil documents to NVC. (see submission instructions in Step 6).
  • Bring the original documents (or certified copies) plus a photocopy to your visa interview at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate.

Thanks for your input! :)

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline
On 6/26/2017 at 3:05 PM, Mrs.C.M. said:

Oh that sounds more promising.......I "Googled" packet IV  and I think this is the time I should send the other relationship evidence in correct?

Just wanted to add -- we got an RFE (USCIS stage) and I side loaded our RFE response with 2 additional post marriage trips (boarding passes, passport pages with stamps, pictures). I hope you won't get any RFEs, but you can always side load when your files are sent to NVC and you are ready to file your AOS and the IV.

Best of luck to you both!

“Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there someday.” - WTP 

Spoiler

USCIS
09/07/16: I-130 mailed
09/12/16: NOA1 email
01/11/17: Received an RFE
02/20/17 RFE Response
03/01/17: NOA2 / I-130 Approved (letter)

NVC 

03/17/17: NVC received

03/21/17: Submitted DS-261 (Online Choice of Address and Agent)

03/22/17: Received DS-261+ AOS Bill
03/22/17: AOS Bill Paid
03/27/17: Received + Paid IV Bill

04/20/17: PCC + New Birth Certificate received (took 4+ weeks)
04/25/17: Sent AOS + IV Package
06/27/17: CC confirmed on the phone (NVC)
06/28/17: Interview date confirmed on the phone (NVC)
06/30/17: P4 Letter received (via email)
07/06/17: Second identical P4 email received
07/10/17: Our case left NVC
07/13/17: Case arrived at New Delhi Consulate

07/18/17: Email received from New Delhi Embassy about Biometrics/VAC

07/18/17: Email received from New Delhi Embassy (missing Marriage Certificate - must have lost it since we included this in the RFE during the USCIS stage + got approved!)

07/18/17: Biometrics scheduled via UStraveldocs site
07/21/17: Biometrics completed

07/25/17: Medical scheduled (Max in Lajpat)

07/26/17: Medical completed (will be ready to pick up in 3-4 days)
08/01/17: Medical papers ready for pickup

08/16/17: Interview Day

08/16/17: Visa Approved - Woohoo! 💕

08/17/17: Visa issued + passport ready for pickup

08/18/17: Passport and sealed envelops picked up

08/19/17: Immigration Fee ($220) paid via ELIS
08/25/17: Plane ticket purchased (POE on Sep) 😍
09/14/17: POE at Dulles 

ROC

09/10/19: I-751 Packet sent 🤘
09/20/19: NOA I-797 received! 

Here is our Embassy review and interview details http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/view-dos-cis-reviews.php?entry=22377

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.