sarah and hicham

Have your husbands friends married American?

47 posts in this topic

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Is it a red flag for the woman? Hard to say. My husband doesn't have any other friends here that have married an american woman, except for 1 or 2 that married one after arriving in the US. On the other hand, he does have a few friends that have started chatting with American women now. Is it for the visa? Is it to get out of the US? Is it to find love? Or could it be all of the above?

When I first met my husband I believed he was after a green card, and I played with him relentlessly. I regret that now because I was mistaken about his intentions. Do I believe he wanted out of Morocco? Actually yes I do. BUT, was he looking for a green card, or was he looking for a real thing? Now I know for a fact. He wanted love, and he found it with me. We are incredibly happy together, and he could just as easily take off now and leave me high and dry, but he doesn't.

What I find a shame is the women that go blindly into the relationship. Their desperation for a man shuts their eyes off to all of the little clues. There are all sorts of clues to show a fake, and you must be open to those clues, and ready to leave a man, no matter what your heart wants to see and hear. The thing is, it is in all marriages that you need to look for this, not just ones to a foreigner. There are users here in the US as well.

As for the consulate. I believe that they review the cases well in advance. I think their minds are made up in advance as well. What they do try to do is to find another reason, besides age difference, to send back the petitions. But whether or not they find those other reasons, they have their standard reasons (which apply to almost everyone). Short courtship, large gaps of time apart, etc. These apply to the majority. But to those with a significant age they will use these as enough evidence to return petitons. Too bad they don't take a better look at the evidence these couples have. In our case, as would have been with many others, this is the very same evidence that got our case reaffirmed. Can you imagine if the consulates took an additional 5 minutes to look at the proof? It could save not only the petitioner and applicant alot of time and grief, but the USCIS, NVC, and yes, the consulate itself, many many hours of additional reviews. The system is not working. What is the answer? I don't know, but it isn't working.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.