greeneclipse

max. amount of time that could be saved using "Jame's shortcuts" ?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I've read that many people have successfully used the "Jame's shortcut" methods to speed up the NVC process.

If everything were to go perfectly, about how much time could be saved? (assuming next day shipping is used, and the NVC is on schedule...etc)

thanks

-------------------------CR-1-------------------------

02/23/2007 ----- I-130 sent to CSC

03/01/2007 ----- NOA-1 date

06/07/2007 ----- Touched ! (Please... not an RFE)

06/11/2007 ----- UPDATE (Received RFE today...sent evidence back same day)

06/12/2007 ----- Touched ! (come on... I sent the info. already. What now?)

06/13/2007 ----- RFE accepted in Laguna Niguel; signed by V. Semegi

06/21/2007 ----- UPDATE - Response to RFE received; Case processing resumed

07/09/2007 ----- APPROVAL NOTICE SENT !!!

07/23/2007 ----- NVC starts case processing

------------------- Jame's Shortcuts in Progress ;)

10/16/2007 ----- CASE COMPLETE !!! ...Finally

10/25/2007 ----- CASE FORWARDED TO MUMBAI !!!

12/04/2007 ----- INTERVIEW PACKET !!!

01/24/2008 ----- VISA GRANTED!!!............PASSPORT IN HAND !!! :)

01/30/2008 ----- ARRIVAL TO U.S !!! :)

12/30/2009 ----- I-751 sent

THANK YOU to all the wonderful VJ'rs for their help and concern... It would have been difficult without you...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I've seen other board members do the NVC process in little as a month and a half.

Anna (Chicago) and Javon (Jamaica)

USCIS: I-130 Process

10/30/06 - Married to my loving husband

01/06/07 - NOA1 ($190)

05/16/07 - NOA2!!!!!

NVC: CR-1 Process

05/21/07 - NVC recv'd case (per rep @ NVC)

05/29/07 - NVC Assigned Case # (KNG2007******)

06/01/07 - Faxed change of address request to NVC

06/08/07 - NVC confirmed new address

06/18/07 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) & AOS (I-864) Fee Bill generated

06/23/07 - Recv'd DS-3032 & AOS Bill via snail mail

07/09/07 - Emailed DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) to NVC

07/19/07 - Mailed AOS Fee Bill ($70) to St. Louis, MO

07/19/07 - Recv'd email from NVC - Choice of Agent was accepted

07/23/07 - IV (DS-230) Fee Bill was generated

08/11/07 - Recv'd IV Fee Bill via snail mail

08/15/07 - Recv'd AOS Packet in the mail

.png

.png

I've read that many people have successfully used the "Jame's shortcut" methods to speed up the NVC process.

If everything were to go perfectly, about how much time could be saved? (assuming next day shipping is used, and the NVC is on schedule...etc)

thanks

edited

Edited by Karin und Otto

thanks

edited

I meant to post the following link... Source-James' Shortcut

Timeline

thanks...

I've read the info. on the link, but I was just curious as to the amount of time that people are actually saving.

so if anyone would like to share, please post the time that you saved using these shortcuts.

THANK YOU to all the wonderful VJ'rs for their help and concern... It would have been difficult without you...

thanks...

I've read the info. on the link, but I was just curious as to the amount of time that people are actually saving.

so if anyone would like to share, please post the time that you saved using these shortcuts.

Hard to say because the problem seems to be the difference of when something is "generated" and when it actually is "mail out". If I waited for NVC to actually "mail out" everything then I still would be waiting for each mailing rather than having actually COMPLETED everything. The only thing I actually waited to receive was the billing for the DS-230 because it has a "unique" barcode number on it.

I'm still waiting to receive the DS-230 packet in the mail even though it was "generated" on the 26th of March.

NVC has already received the completed packet from me on the 10th of April, it is now the 15th.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

thanks

Without knowing the country you spouse is from, it is impossible to tell you. A lot of the time saved is in mailing forms back and forth to the spouse's country. For China, the NVC portion of the process is usually 6 months the normal way and can be about 2 months if the shortcuts are used efficiently. For Canada, I would expect the shortcuts to save maybe a month or two, not four.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

thanks

Without knowing the country you spouse is from, it is impossible to tell you. A lot of the time saved is in mailing forms back and forth to the spouse's country. For China, the NVC portion of the process is usually 6 months the normal way and can be about 2 months if the shortcuts are used efficiently. For Canada, I would expect the shortcuts to save maybe a month or two, not four.

I see now from your timeline, your spouse is in India. Add up the number of times mail would pass between NVC and India without using the shortcuts, multiply by mail time and compare to how long domestic mail would take. The time you are saving is mail time.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

My wife is in India, and her case will go through the mumbai (bombay) consulate... so if anyone has any experience with cases in India, then please do post your time saved.

thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.