IAMX

Yale Dean who called people 'white trash' on Yelp leaving her post

6 posts in this topic

Timeline

The Yale University dean criticized for posting Yelp reviews that called people “white trash” is leaving her position, according to a report Tuesday.

June Chu, the dean of Yale’s residential Pierson College, had been placed on leave after her controversial postings surfaced.

BREAKING: June Chu will leave her post as Pierson College dean after screenshots surfaced a month ago of disparaging Yelp reviews she wrote.

Pierson College Head Stephen Davis announced Chu was leaving in an email to members of the Pierson community, the Yale Daily News reported.

Davis said a new dean would be named before the fall semester, the college paper reported.

Davis announced in May that Chu had been placed on leave after initially sticking by her.

His change of heart came after he said the college discovered numerous “reprehensible posts” that were part of a widespread pattern. He said her posts made him question her ability to lead the college.

"Let me be clear," he wrote. "No one, especially those in trusted positions of educating young people, should denigrate or stereotype others, and that extends to any form of discrimination based on class, race, religion, age, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation."

Chu apologized to her students, ackowledging she made poor choices.

"There are no two ways about it," she wrote. "Not only were they insensitive in matters related to class and race; they demean the values to which I hold myself and which I offer as a member of this community."

170517-yale-university-dean-yelp-01.jpg

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2017/06/20/yale-dean-who-called-people-white-trash-on-yelp-leaving-her-post.html

Too bad this kind of attitude is rife in US secondary and post-secondary "education".

Many found her Yelp critiques elitist and offensive.

tell me again about how liberal leftists are ruining free speech with all their pc mumbo jumbo. we're talking yelp reviews not curriculum. anyway.. snowstorm at 11!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

tell me again about how liberal leftists are ruining free speech with all their pc mumbo jumbo. we're talking yelp reviews not curriculum. anyway.. snowstorm at 11!

White Trash is a protected class and they prefer to be called "the people of Wal-mart"  

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

4 minutes ago, ccneat said:

White Trash is a protected class and they prefer to be called "the people of Wal-mart"  

such hateful oppressive words really hurt my feefees. as a white person, i'm crying right now, and you know i'm on the way to walmart. poor white people, yelp can be so so mean.

i believe 'thug' is a protected class as well. but only if you wink wink the color part.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, IAMX said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_trash

tA1bsWk.jpg

Thank you for your illustration - *points to thread tags*.

Image result for lighten up

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg