IAMX

Left Cries Foul Over Christian School’s Right To Vouchers

112 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, IAMX said:

Also, the left (not you, in this part of the response) trying to tell private schools they must waste money to accommodate a couple students is ridiculous.. it's called "private" for a reason.. it's not for everyone. If PersonA wants to take their child to SchoolA and SchoolA cannot accommodate them, take them elsewhere. Boy that was tough.

so, i have a voucher for 10 thousand bucks to send my kid to 10th grade next year. there's no more public school because, maga, i guess. the private school costs 15,000 and i manage to crowdsource the remaining funds for my son to get his 10th grade year in. only to find out, the private school won't accept him on account of his adhd diagnosis. i have to....move? put him on a ritalin prescription? (which is the reason why he has an iep, i don't medicate him). 

6 minutes ago, IAMX said:

I don't know, but I'm one. Severe attention deficit (I'm in the 90th percentile on a scale of normal to "squirrel!"), I was on DRC in university and had an IAP in Canada as well, that gave me extended testing times, quiet distraction-free places for exams, etc.

Also, I said my daughter goes to a private school, but I deliberately left out what kind.. because she has my attention deficit, she goes to an arts immersion private school that accommodates her attention deficit issues and caters to her style of learning. They get funds specifically for this purpose, even though there are a good amount of parents who send their children to this school who don't have that learning disability.

Out the window goes that argument.

oh well by your standard, you should have gone to a 'special needs school'.

eta: which depending upon where you are, could mean anything. i know there aren't any arts immersion private schools specifically for attention issues around these parts.

Edited by smilesammich

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
6 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

oh well by your standard, you should have gone to a 'special needs school'.

eta: which depending upon where you are, could mean anything. i know there aren't any arts immersion private schools specifically for attention issues around these parts.

You have to go to a rich liberal state for that, like Canada

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

2 hours ago, smilesammich said:

but what about private schools that aren't set up to accomodate special needs kids? for example, my kid has an iep through public school - who is going to enforce those standards on private institutions?

They could have schools just for special needs kids 

41 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

so, i have a voucher for 10 thousand bucks to send my kid to 10th grade next year. there's no more public school because, maga, i guess. the private school costs 15,000 and i manage to crowdsource the remaining funds for my son to get his 10th grade year in. only to find out, the private school won't accept him on account of his adhd diagnosis. i have to....move? put him on a ritalin prescription? (which is the reason why he has an iep, i don't medicate him). 

What is iep if you don't mind me asking 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

So here are the neutral-neutral results. Strange, but OK...

download (1).png

results.png

09/14/2012: Sent I-130
10/04/2012: NOA1 Received
12/11/2012: NOA2 Received
12/18/2012: NVC Received Case
01/08/2013: Received Case Number/IIN; DS-3032/I-864 Bill
01/08/2013: DS-3032 Sent
01/18/2013: DS-3032 Accepted; Received IV Bill
01/23/2013: Paid I-864 Bill; Paid IV Bill
02/05/2013: IV Package Sent
02/18/2013: AOS Package Sent
03/22/2013: Case complete
05/06/2013: Interview Scheduled

06/05/2013: Visa issued!

06/28/2013: VISA RECEIVED

07/09/2013: POE - EWR. Went super fast and easy. 5 minutes of waiting and then just a signature and finger print.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

05/06/2016: One month late - overnighted form N-400.

06/01/2016: Original Biometrics appointment, had to reschedule due to being away.

07/01/2016: Biometrics Completed.

08/17/2016: Interview scheduled & approved.

09/16/2016: Scheduled oath ceremony.

09/16/2016: THE END - 4 year long process all done!

Timeline
39 minutes ago, ccneat said:

You have to go to a rich liberal state for that, like Canada

Alberta? You mean the most conservative Canadian province? :rofl:

8 minutes ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

They could have schools just for special needs kids 

I can't imagine why the left would be so vehemently against care more centralized to these people and their personal issues. Society doesn't owe each individual anything other than their freedoms. 

9 minutes ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

What is iep if you don't mind me asking 

iep is an individual education plan. kids with all sorts of varying degrees of 'disability' get them in public school. my kid got an add diagnosis in the 2nd grade and i've never had to put him on medication for it because im able to tweak his learning environment through the iep. he doesnt need medication or a special school just for his attention deficit. 

8 minutes ago, IAMX said:

Alberta? You mean the most conservative Canadian province? :rofl:

I can't imagine why the left would be so vehemently against care more centralized to these people and their personal issues. Society doesn't owe each individual anything other than their freedoms. 

'these people' arent just a couple in each school..fyi https://eddataexpress.ed.gov/data-element-explorer.cfm/tab/data/deid/5/

16 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

iep is an individual education plan. kids with all sorts of varying degrees of 'disability' get them in public school. my kid got an add diagnosis in the 2nd grade and i've never had to put him on medication for it because im able to tweak his learning environment through the iep. he doesnt need medication or a special school just for his attention deficit. 

Thanks for womanspalning for me.. I wasn't  implying your son needed a special school. If anything like mommy he is a very bright funny little commie 🤣

Edited by Nature Boy Flair