Mandolin_68

VISA IN HAND!!! EUREKA WE'VE STRUCK GOLD!!!!

42 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

:dance::dance: big congrats!!! :dance::dance:

it does feel like one strikes gold doesnt it???

many happy blessings!!

chi

098bdb652297eb8af8222ef77903ebf5.gif

.png

Married in 04

"Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect. It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfections."

chiqa.jpg

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I was up this morning at 2:00 AM feeding my one month old daughter and changing an explosive poopy diaper when my cell phone rang... Since Fadi is stil in Baghdad the first words out of my mouth were, "Are you OK??" All he said was, "I've got good news...I just got my Visa." HALLELUJA!! It only took 17 months!! Fu*king immigration. I still HATE the Amman embassy, but I am so happy that the VIsa journey (journey my ###, more like a trip through the third ring of HELL) is finally over. All we've got to do now is get him out of Iraq and on a plane bound for the red, white and blue. Thank you all for your continued support.

Julianna - I'm sure your SO will be following mine shortly. Good luck with yoru upcoming interview and in dealing with the cro-magnun retards the Amman embassy refers to as staff.

I'm not sure that you should be bashing the Amman Embassy so much. Without them would your fiance have a visa?

Filed: Timeline

The taking on Iraq petitions have cost our Jordanian filers ALOT of time apart. The wait in Amman for an interview used to be 2-3 months after packet 3. We have watched that number escalate to 7-8 months after Amman agreed to work on Iraq petitions. I would think the Iraqi people would be glad that an embassy took on those petitions.

Amman was always professionial and friendly in our dealings with them. Sorry you had a bad experience.

Glad to see your progress.

Jackie

Congrats!! :dance:

Jun 26, 06 - 129-F filed

Sep 27, 06 - NOA2

Nov 28, 06 - INTERVIEW SUCCESS!!!

Dec 12, 06 - VISA IN HAND

Dec 29, 06 - MARRIED!!

Jan 8, 07 - filed for AOS and EAD

Apr 3, 07 - EAD approved!!!

Apr 7, 07 - EAD card arrived!

May 10, 07 - Interview....APPROVED!!!

May 23, 07 - GC in hand

Feb 10, 09 - I-751 sent to CSC

Feb 12, 09 - NOA1

Apr 20, 09 - Approved!

Jun 12, 09 - Card Production Ordered

Jun 19, 09 - 10 year GC Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
I'm not sure that you should be bashing the Amman Embassy so much. Without them would your fiance have a visa?

Actually, my fiance almost did NOT get his Visa BECAUSE of them. His DOS security checks have been complete for three months now and the whole petition/Visa was set to expire on April 9th. We couldn't get Amman to GIVE us the fricking Visa and they wouldn't allow him to enter the embassy to get the Visa or find out why they weren't issuing it to him becasue he is Iraqi. Thank GOD he works for the Americans in Baghdad and he got some help from them. (He is friends with some of the Americans who work in the embassy in Baghdad and one of them had to personally go to Amman and pick up the Visa for him.) This is the only reason he has a visa right now....so yes, I should be bashing the Amman embassy and I feel sorry for any other Iraqis trying to get a Visa through Amman if they don't have the connections my fiance has.

*************** K1 TIMELINE ****************

November 15, 2005 - I-129F Petition mailed to Vermont Service Center

Nov. 23 NOA-1 RFeceived / December 05, 2005 - NOA-2 Received

December 14, 2005 - Case # and packet received from U.S. embassy in Amman, Jordan

January 15, 2006 - Completed packet mailed to U.S. embassy in Amman, Jordan

March 26, 2006 - Letter received stating Visa Appointment scheduled for October 12, 2006

October 12, 2006 - Visa Interview - Approved!

October - December 2006 - Administrative Processing / Security Check

December 20, 2006 - State Department finishes administrative processing

January 24, 2007 - I FINALLY find out Visa is ready because NO ONE EVER called us from the embassy in Amman

February 27, 2007 - Passport sent off to embassy in Amman to have Visa put in

April 13, 2007 - VISA IN HAND!!! After 17 months....Friday the 13th...how fitting.

April 24, 2007 - Entrance into U.S. at Chicago O'Hare...YAY!!!

***************** AOS TIMELINE ******************

May 15, 2007 - Finally Married!!!!

May 17, 2007- Received Social Security Number

May 29, 2007 - Mailed of AOS/EAD Packet

June 9, 2007 - Received NOA-1

June 28, 2007 - Biometrics Appointment

July 26, 2007 - RFE for I-485 (need to re-submit W-2s for sponsor and joint sponsor)

August 18, 2007 - Recived appointment letter for I-485.

October 25, 2007 - Green Card Interview!

***************** Lifting of Conditions ******************

October 19, 2009 - Interview for 10 yr. Green Card - Lifting of conditions

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Congratulations! God speed :thumbs:

James (USA) Manuela (Italy)

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_italy_2fawm.gif

Married Nov. 6, 2004

12/02/04 Applied for I-130

12/21/04 I-130 Approved (19 days @ Vermont)

03/24/05 Case Completed (84 days @ NVC)

05/09/05 Got CR-1 Visa (47 days @ Naples)

Total of 158 days

Lifting of Conditions I-751

04/02/07 Expressed mailed in I-130

04/03/07 I-751 received at 1:08pm and signed for by Paul E. Novak Jr. Center Director (day 1)

05/02/07 Check finally clears my bank - appears to have been processed on 4/30 by VSC (day 30)

05/04/07 Received BLUE Finger Print Receipt Notification (day 32)

05/17/07 Received NOA1 dated 5/9/07(day 45)

05/18/07 Received ASC Appointment Notice dated 5/14/07 for June 1st (day 46)

06/01/07 Biometric Appointment today @ 2:00 (day 60)

06/03/07 "Touched" (day 62)

10/26/07 "Card Production Ordered" (217 days from the day the application received and 172 days from NOA1)

10/30/07 Touched again

10/31/07 Received Notice of Removal of Conditional Basis of Lawful Permanent Residence letter, signed by Paul E Novak Jr.

10/31/07 Touched again - if we get touched again does that count as harassment?

11/05/07 10 year green card arrives! (227 days)

US Citizen N-400

03/12/08 To be filed!

dev179pr___.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I feel sorry for all the Jordanians who are being held up by Iraqi petitions as well as for the Iraqis who don't have a consulate of their own to go through! :help:

ETA: Congrats, Amanda! :dance:

Edited by jenn3539

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Actually, my fiance almost did NOT get his Visa BECAUSE of them. His DOS security checks have been complete for three months now and the whole petition/Visa was set to expire on April 9th. We couldn't get Amman to GIVE us the fricking Visa and they wouldn't allow him to enter the embassy to get the Visa or find out why they weren't issuing it to him becasue he is Iraqi. Thank GOD he works for the Americans in Baghdad and he got some help from them. (He is friends with some of the Americans who work in the embassy in Baghdad and one of them had to personally go to Amman and pick up the Visa for him.) This is the only reason he has a visa right now....so yes, I should be bashing the Amman embassy and I feel sorry for any other Iraqis trying to get a Visa through Amman if they don't have the connections my fiance has.

Iraq doesn't issue visas right? How can you complain if it's not even his countries Consulate and they are basically helping everyone going through Iraq by issuing visas through Jordan? You got the visa right? If I were you I would be thankful that you have the option of going through an Embassy in another country and actually getting his visa.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
I feel sorry for all the Jordanians who are being held up by Iraqi petitions as well as for the Iraqis who don't have a consulate of their own to go through! :help:

I agree. it is neither the fault of the petitioning Iraqis, nor the waiting Jordanians. It also probably has zilch to do with the COs in Amman... but... there are a bunch of idiots who would have no extra work who said OK to the whole deal, and I will also choose to blame them for a lot of general incompetance. I am just glad that Mandolin68's F-H got his visa!!!!!!!

I doubt Iraqis want to go through Amman any more than petitioning Jordanians want them there... as well as the whole Syrian faction. And actually, it makes it slower on EVERYONE to have so many people going through that tiny embassy.

As one who is being slowed down by this whole process... I am just saying that I am glad Amman is issuing visas :)

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

:dance::dance::dance: Happy to hear that you will have your man with you soon :dance::dance:

CONGRATULATIONS :thumbs::thumbs:

Dorothy

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.