miker32us

CR-1 interview last week in Taiwan and POE via Detroit

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

My wife and I went to her interview last week in Taiwan. They have a 3-step process there. The 1st window checks you in and and looks at your interview letter to make sure you are supposed to interview that day, the second window checked her CR-1 application papers and approved them and asked us to wait for the State Dept agent to interview her. He looked over her papers, swore her in and only asked one question..."Do you plan to immigrate to the US", she said yes and he stamped the papers and we were finished. I don't know if the reason for this short process was that she had already received her K-3 and has been living in the US since last September.

In Taiwan they take your passport and send it to you via courier. We got it in 3 days, they had stamped TERMINATED without PREJUDICE on her B-2 and K-3 visas and added the CR-1 visa stamp.

The POE in Detroit only took a few minutes. There are 2 windows for Special Processing, numbers 37 and 38 which have the fingerprinting device. The USCIS agent asked us our wedding date, took her fingerprints and stemped her passport.

I-130...CR-1

02/27/06 Filed CR-1, I-130 thru TSC

07/26/06 NVC assigns case #, Wife e-mails choice of agent to NVC

10/10/06 Receive, complete and submit I-864 and DS-230

04/02/07 Back to Taiwan for visit and Interview

04/06/07 Received CR-1 visa

04/10/07 POE through Detroit

04/30/07 2 Year Green Card Received

Lifting Conditions

01/10/09 File I-751 at VSC

06/24/09 Received 10 year GC

Citizenship

07/27/10 Filing Date for N-400

08/03/10 Check cashed - as of 8/26 never received NOA so made InfoPass

08/31/10 InfoPass for Biometrics

11/10/10 Interview Date, Passed

02/18/11 Scheduled oath ceremony

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
My wife and I went to her interview last week in Taiwan. They have a 3-step process there. The 1st window checks you in and and looks at your interview letter to make sure you are supposed to interview that day, the second window checked her CR-1 application papers and approved them and asked us to wait for the State Dept agent to interview her. He looked over her papers, swore her in and only asked one question..."Do you plan to immigrate to the US", she said yes and he stamped the papers and we were finished. I don't know if the reason for this short process was that she had already received her K-3 and has been living in the US since last September.

In Taiwan they take your passport and send it to you via courier. We got it in 3 days, they had stamped TERMINATED without PREJUDICE on her B-2 and K-3 visas and added the CR-1 visa stamp.

The POE in Detroit only took a few minutes. There are 2 windows for Special Processing, numbers 37 and 38 which have the fingerprinting device. The USCIS agent asked us our wedding date, took her fingerprints and stemped her passport.

Basically it sounds like the same thing my wife went through at AIT in Taipei. Three steps, first step is as you say, check in show your passport and interview letter, and DS part 1 and 2. second step (after waiting two hours) check out the CR-1 application papers but asked a lot of questions. third step, interview and only a few questions.

My wife may have had a few more questions, but as you say since you already had a K3 it may have been more streamlined for your wife.

By the way, as far as the "big brown envelope" yes they told her it would arrive in two to three days by courier, but to her surprise, later that day after she got home from AIT, they called and asked her if she would like to receive it that night!

Not sure where you were at, you said Taiwan but you didn't specify your location, or to whether you were dealing with Taipei or Kaoushing AIT, but congrats!

9/18/05 Jane immigrates to the USA, arriving as Conditional Permanent Resident.

7/23/07 We receive NOA, in receipt for applying for lifting of Conditional Status.

8/2/07 Receive appointment for Biometrics (for 8/22)

8/29/07 Receive RFE notice

11/12/07 Submitted additional evidence to comply with RFE

12/29/07 e-mail from USCIS: Card production ordered

1/4/08 card received in mail

Congrats!

HELEN

agif003.gif

22 February 2010 - mailed the N-400 packet

02 March 2010 - Check encashed/I-797C NOA

03 March 2010 - USCIS Acceptance Confirmation via e-mail and text message

06 March 2010 - received I-797C, Notice of Action/Receipt

01 April 2010 - Biometrics Appointment (Biometrics done 4/7/10)

27 April 2010 - received I-797C/ Request to Appear for Naturalization Interview

02 June 2010 - Interview schedule

17 June 2010 - Oath Taking (Memorial Auditorium, Sacramento, CA)

• 3 months later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Hello,

Anyone with CR1 AIT Taipei interview experience:

1. What supporting documents did you bring with you to the interview?

2. Did you bring coppies of the forms you submitted to USCIS and NVC? Is this required?

3. Specifically is it required to bring a copy of the I-864 with its supporting documents at the time of interview.

Thanks,

Doug

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.