MXcompadre

Form DS-5535 'SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS FOR VISA APPLICANTS'

3,894 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
On 3/11/2018 at 10:02 PM, deab said:

I think it may depend on the attorney.  I have read some attorneys online have said there are things they can do, but then these statements are in their advertisements trying to entice you to hire them. Our attorney said at this stage of things the only thing they can do is recommend going to our state governor or senator but she has not heard or seen that that has been helpful at all with this DS5535 AP Processing. 

On 3/12/2018 at 5:17 PM, Gus1986 said:

i did the same about two month ago. they will try and help but there is nothing they can do. consulate will slap them with

Please note that the information regarding this visa case is protected from disclosure under Section 222(f) of the INA, 8 U.S.C. 1202(f), and in accordance with that law, may only be used for the “formulation, amendment, administration, or enforcement of the immigration, nationality, or other laws of the United States.” Since you have inquired on behalf of the applicant, our disclosure to you of information in the visa record is consistent with INA Section 222(f), 8 U.S.C. 1202(f), and you may share this information with your constituent, who wrote to you on behalf of the applicant

Under the law, USCIS and the Department of State may require further processing of visa applications and may take all the time they require to do so.  I regret that we cannot assist you with this issue.

Thank u and that helped me a lot but idk y the embassy is doing all this it’s really wasting our time. I hope it ends soon.

7 hours ago, yousef5 said:

Thank u and that helped me a lot but idk y the embassy is doing all this it’s really wasting our time. I hope it ends soon.

Guys, is there anyone on this forum that have filled the DS 5535 form and haven't got any response from the embassy/consulate after 6 months? My 6 months have completed without even a single update to my case. Please share your experience because i dont want my case to go in a blackhole. I hope we all get through this tough time soon.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Khan1985 said:

Guys, is there anyone on this forum that have filled the DS 5535 form and haven't got any response from the embassy/consulate after 6 months? My 6 months have completed without even a single update to my case. Please share your experience because i dont want my case to go in a blackhole. I hope we all get through this tough time soon.

Same boat as u bro.... interview july got the ds 5535 in September.... no update... even tho me and my wife have a daughter.i don't know whats hapoinibg

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
1 hour ago, Khan1985 said:

Me after 2 week and will be 6 months and still no update 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
24 minutes ago, LebanonUSA2018 said:

Me after 2 week and will be 6 months and still no update 

I sent my form the first of November until now don’t even get any update. I guess we all gonna get answer soon.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Khan1985 said:

180 days is alot of time to get a clearance, hopefully it ends for all of us with a positive outcome.

If it ends with a negative outcome after all this wait I will die man 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Khan1985 said:

Dont worry It will be a positive result bro, we just need to stay calm and wait for this AP to end soon. Keep praying and we will get through this.

Hope so bro

Timeline
13 hours ago, Khan1985 said:

My husband had his interview the third week of July and we have seen our file touched a handful of times from then until November 1st. Since November 1st there have been no additional file touches except for the false one from my emailing the consulate in January. They were kind and expressed that they knew it was frustrating to wait.  The file is not in their hands, it is in the hands of an outside agency, so there is no way for them to know how long it will take to complete and I can rest assured that they will call my husband once it is complete. Praying for the completion this next month.  

DEAB

7 hours ago, deab said:

My husband had his interview the third week of July and we have seen our file touched a handful of times from then until November 1st. Since November 1st there have been no additional file touches except for the false one from my emailing the consulate in January. They were kind and expressed that they knew it was frustrating to wait.  The file is not in their hands, it is in the hands of an outside agency, so there is no way for them to know how long it will take to complete and I can rest assured that they will call my husband once it is complete. Praying for the completion this next month.  

Thats almost 8 months, I hope your husbands gets it soon its so frustrating. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
21 hours ago, Khan1985 said:

My interview was on September 14,2017 submitted the form that same day and still under AP until now. I turned 6 months on ap last week. There's no update on my case yet 😔

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.