MXcompadre

Form DS-5535 'SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS FOR VISA APPLICANTS'

3,894 posts in this topic

Help with updates for DS 5535

Husband had his first appointment on 9/26/17 was put on AP due to an arrest back in his country 

October 11 2017 we turned in additional documents needed

December 27 received call from embassy to go to a second interview 

January 3 Second Interview 

March 5 email requesting form DS 5535

March 7 returned DS 5535

Waiting Waiting and medical exams expiring March 16 2018

Can someone tell me how long after ds 5535 did you received an answer.

Was it approved or not. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
11 hours ago, gsan2018 said:

Husband had his first appointment on 9/26/17 was put on AP due to an arrest back in his country 

March 7 returned DS 5535

Was it approved or not. 

I sent ds5535 first week of October 2017 and till now no updates 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
23 hours ago, gsan2018 said:

March 7 returned DS 5535

Was it approved or not. 

The embassy might require to redo the medical exams since they are valid for 6 MO's!

It takes time. We passed the 60 days since  we submitted the  form and had just one update but no visa yet :( 

Filed: Other Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline
On 16.03.2018 at 4:48 AM, gsan2018 said:

Husband had his first appointment on 9/26/17 was put on Ap

Was it approved or not. 

Edited by YooJin
Entering text

Filed: Other Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline
On 16.03.2018 at 4:48 AM, gsan2018 said:

Was it approved or not. 

My DS 5535 was submitted in the middle of October  2017, still no news from CO. Medical checkup is expired.(

My visa case is still pending.

As I know DS 5535 is checked for security or background check. I think even embassy can not reply certainly about exact terms. You can read sources like this https://www.fbi.gov/services/records-management/name-checks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
On 3/15/2018 at 6:47 AM, SabrinaJerome said:

Good morning Eternity, 

A few questions and comments -

Not really clear about the consummated part. 😞 did you have a document that said you are married? You can message me privately if you want. 

If you have been waiting three years (married), congrats - - you are not a CR1 anymore you're an IR1. A tiny bit of good news right?

Regarding getting the 5535 : I read somewhere that lawyers consider "pre-loading" cases they expect will be given the 5535. It means that they give that info before it is asked of them. Not all lawyers agree about this. You might want to look into this. Maybe it would save you some time.

Hello Sabrina! 

We were married religiously 3 years ago, after I found out I was pregnant I sent him a power of attorney to register the marriage legally. So they revoked the petition after it was approved and deemed the marriage not consummated because I didn't visit after the marriage.

Now we have "consummated" the marriage, and have been approved by USCIS and now we are waiting for the NVC to complete case so he can interview again.

We have an attorney but have not been told to "pre-load" how do you suggest we do this? 

Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Transferred? No
Consulate : Lebanon
Marriage (if applicable): 2016-06-27
I-130 Sent : 2017-06-05
I-130 NOA1 : 2017-06-16

I-130 Approved : 2018-02-20
NVC Received : 2018-03-12

Send AOS Package : 2018-05-25
Submit DS-261 : 2018-05-24

Case Completed at NVC : 2018-06-25

Interview Date : 2018-08-07

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
On 3/14/2018 at 2:06 PM, LebanonUSA2018 said:

Hello how are you , what visa type are you applying for , don’t worry all the people who get the ds5535 get visa issued and some are waiting depends on everyone cercumstanses. Did u get approved at USCIS . It’s better if you keep the chat and phone calls between you and your husband and take them to the interview with your tickets to Lebanon also with a copy of ur kid passport 

Hello!

thank you, I responded to your message and I will make sure he takes the things mentioned with him to the interview! I appreciate it :)

Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Transferred? No
Consulate : Lebanon
Marriage (if applicable): 2016-06-27
I-130 Sent : 2017-06-05
I-130 NOA1 : 2017-06-16

I-130 Approved : 2018-02-20
NVC Received : 2018-03-12

Send AOS Package : 2018-05-25
Submit DS-261 : 2018-05-24

Case Completed at NVC : 2018-06-25

Interview Date : 2018-08-07

1 hour ago, Munazza said:

I need to know that does it matter if ur joint sponsor is not from same State of ur petitioner??

No update since 9th Feb

22 hours ago, YooJin said:

My DS 5535 was submitted in the middle of October  2017, still no news from CO. Medical checkup is expired.(

My visa case is still pending.

As I know DS 5535 is checked for security or background check. I think even embassy can not reply certainly about exact terms. You can read sources like this https://www.fbi.gov/services/records-management/name-checks

Hello Everyone,

I am in the same boat. Submitted Ds 5535 on Sep 20th 2017, since then there is no update on my case. Its been 6 months, mostly people on this forum say that it could take from 10 days to around 6 months. I would like to ask if there is anyone on this forum that has been waiting for more than 6 months? And they still didnt get any response. Please share your experience, i am just a little worried.

5 hours ago, Khan1985 said:

Hello Everyone,

I am in the same boat. Submitted Ds 5535 on Sep 20th 2017, since then there is no update on my case. Its been 6 months, mostly people on this forum say that it could take from 10 days to around 6 months. I would like to ask if there is anyone on this forum that has been waiting for more than 6 months? And they still didnt get any response. Please share your experience, i am just a little worried.

Did you try calling emailing inquiring? what was the response you got

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
5 hours ago, Khan1985 said:

Hello Everyone,

Same here submitted my ds5535 first of October and still no update yet

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.