MXcompadre

Form DS-5535 'SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS FOR VISA APPLICANTS'

3,894 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
2 hours ago, NLZZLN said:

I didnt call any number i sent a letter straight to the embassy n they called me. 

That’s good they called and told you what’s going on it’s a good sign I guess

I am surprised that the IR1 visa is taking longer than the F-2A visa

What I understand is that IR1 is priority and still with this DS-5535 it is taking a very long time, either way it will be issued at one point just a matter of time. From what I understand from a  recent article is that "hundreds" of waivers were processed since the December 8 ban for people applying from the banned countries.

Either way keep positive and do not give up on checking with the embassy it has to be issued it is your right

and please share your status updates it makes a huge difference for us who are waiting to know you had your case updated

5 hours ago, Renee2016 said:

you guys stay hopeful my fiancé did the form in July and wasn't issued until Feb it takes times!!!! we waited 10 months in all you will be issued

Congratulations 

2 hours ago, LebanonUSA2018 said:

That’s good they called and told you what’s going on it’s a good sign I guess

Hope so too. Fingers crossed 

Timeline
10 hours ago, Nextlevel said:

I am surprised that the IR1 visa is taking longer than the F-2A visa

What I understand is that IR1 is priority and still with this DS-5535 it is taking a very long time, either way it will be issued at one point just a matter of time. From what I understand from a  recent article is that "hundreds" of waivers were processed since the December 8 ban for people applying from the banned countries.

Either way keep positive and do not give up on checking with the embassy it has to be issued it is your right

and please share your status updates it makes a huge difference for us who are waiting to know you had your case updated

You are right we have no other choices just wait . But to keep positive it’s not easy . Hope we will hear good news ASAP

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am the beneficiary and Ive been waiting for 6 months now. Is there really a backlog for security clearances for as under AP or SAO? I dont know whats happening, Im not from the T-26 countries I am from the Philippines and I had my interview in my home country way back Sept 2017, I worked in Erbil kurdistan which happens to be a part of Iraq for over 2 years.  Do you think that triggered the consul to put me under Washington special clearance or SAO?

Edited by Nhona Scott

1 minute ago, Nhona Scott said:

I am the beneficiary and Ive been waiting for 6 months now. Is there rrally a backlog for security clearances for as under AP or SAO? I dont know whats happening, Im not from the T-26 countries I am from the Philippines and I had my interview in my home country way back Sept 2017, I worked in Erbil kurdistan which happens to be a part of Iraq for over 2 years.  Do you think that triggered the consul to out me under Washington special clearance or SAO?

Could be because you worked there, did you try emailing the embassy explaining in detail that you have been waiting since september 2017 and it is difficult for you to be far away from your spouse... etc?

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Nhona Scott said:

I am the beneficiary and Ive been waiting for 6 months now. Is there really a backlog for security clearances for as under AP or SAO? I dont know whats happening, Im not from the T-26 countries I am from the Philippines and I had my interview in my home country way back Sept 2017, I worked in Erbil kurdistan which happens to be a part of Iraq for over 2 years.  Do you think that triggered the consul to put me under Washington special clearance or SAO?

Hello I have a Lebanese friend that work in Iraq too he is still under AP since September too , did you check your case at CEAC website ? 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Nextlevel said:

Could be because you worked there, did you try emailing the embassy explaining in detail that you have been waiting since september 2017 and it is difficult for you to be far away from your spouse... etc?

Yes I emailed them last and they responded just the same Its still under administrative Processing. The last real update I got from them without any inquiry or call was from October. The rest of all the updates were becos of my inquiries and calls. During my interview the consul just asked me very little questions about my Fiance, he was asking more of my stay in Iraq. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, LebanonUSA2018 said:

Hello I have a Lebanese friend that work in Iraq too he is still under AP since September too , did you check your case at CEAC website ? 

1 hour ago, LebanonUSA2018 said:

Yes I do check it everyday from mon-fri but its still under AP. I guess thats the main reason why we were put under AP. So sad that we all have to go through this, we're a lot of important events and occassions

Timeline
24 minutes ago, Nhona Scott said:

Yes I do check it everyday from mon-fri but its still under AP. I guess thats the main reason why we were put under AP. So sad that we all have to go through this, we're a lot of important events and occassions

What is ur case last updated day 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, LebanonUSA2018 said:

7 minutes ago, LebanonUSA2018 said:

March 8 they did update it cos of my call and inquiry.

35 minutes ago, Nhona Scott said:

Yes I do check it everyday from mon-fri but its still under AP. I guess thats the main reason why we were put under AP. So sad that we all have to go through this, we're missing a lot of important events and occassions

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Nhona Scott said:

March 8 they did update it cos of my call and inquiry.

Strange what did they told you when u called did you ask then why they don’t reply to your emails

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sierra Leone
Timeline

Hello everyone! I have not been able to post from my cellphone, but anyways, I've posted before that when I enter my case number two results come up. Same case number...one just says 01 and the other says 02 after my case number. No one seems to know why this is so. One says "ready" and other says "administrative processing". Today, I we received a date update on the one that says "ready", but not the one that says "administrative processing". This is the part that frustrates me because if it is a glitch in the system, why wouldn't both update? This has happened on several occasions. My fiance (who is the beneficiary) and I have been waiting since August 28th, 2017. Several updates and no case status change. I really think they have everyone on hold at this point, but I am just wondering, why? I am just ready for this to be over and start my life with my fiance without up and moving my daughter to an entire different country. 

I want to share some news I just got my Visa today after almost 90 days of AP : I applied on Korea 2017/12/03 and submitted the DS-5355 on 2018/12/21 and since then I had more than 20 updates . they just called me 10 min ago and wanted to share the good news with you guys  . you can make it :D . thank you for all the support 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.