MXcompadre

Form DS-5535 'SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS FOR VISA APPLICANTS'

3,894 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I haven’t had any updates as well since October and only when I sent email. I haven’t seen any approvals on the other groups as well. Probably they won’t issue any visa until the last decision on July I mean for those 7 countries this is only a guess. Hope I’m wrong. Please share of you see anyone got visa after 5535. Thanks!

Timeline

I think it may depend on the attorney.  I have read some attorneys online have said there are things they can do, but then these statements are in their advertisements trying to entice you to hire them. Our attorney said at this stage of things the only thing they can do is recommend going to our state governor or senator but she has not heard or seen that that has been helpful at all with this DS5535 AP Processing. 

DEAB

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi I contact with the state congress they gave me a form that me and my wife can sign. So now I feel up the form and I email to them they email me back they said they will contact with me whenever they try an email from the case holders.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Today am Down , tired and sick I have been waiting for 5 months and 9 days after submitting my DS5535 and still no updates :( . I really need to play with my kids and do funny/ crazy things . My son will be 2 years next week and he don’t know me . My interview date was in my May 2017 My visa was approved in July after submitting all the missing documents but there was no visa number available at that time , after the new fiscal year started in October so visa numbers are available again available they have putted me in AP and asked me to submit DS5535 .The whole waiting  process till now is 10 months and half . I check my status at CEAC more than 10 times a day . My life has stopped just waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting 

No updates for me as well, I have sent them an inquiry telling them it has been 60 days since the interview and have not heard back from them all senators and congressmen come back saying the same thing (no timeline you have to wait) 

But it has to happen the proclamation says if you have a bonafide relationship you will be approved so keep yourself busy guys a watched pot never boils, keep checking the status keep yourself busy it will be approved this is your right. You should be thankful that it is not denied

Be strong you cannot be down or upset for your family it is not worth it. Keep moving forward you do not want your children to see you weak

Timeline
1 hour ago, Nextlevel said:

No updates for me as well, I have sent them an inquiry telling them it has been 60 days since the interview and have not heard back from them all senators and congressmen come back saying the same thing (no timeline you have to wait) 

But it has to happen the proclamation says if you have a bonafide relationship you will be approved so keep yourself busy guys a watched pot never boils, keep checking the status keep yourself busy it will be approved this is your right. You should be thankful that it is not denied

Be strong you cannot be down or upset for your family it is not worth it. Keep moving forward you do not want your children to see you weak

Thank you but in June I will be 3 years waiting from the time my wife applied for me . Today it’s the maximum for me 

16 minutes ago, LebanonUSA2018 said:

Thank you but in June I will be 3 years waiting from the time my wife applied for me . Today it’s the maximum for me 

I understand, I applied in January 2016. You can only try to check the status, I was on the same boat I still am with you. There is only so much you can do

Contact the senator, congressman, embassy do all you can. 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Nextlevel said:

I understand, I applied in January 2016. You can only try to check the status, I was on the same boat I still am with you. There is only so much you can do

Contact the senator, congressman, embassy do all you can. 

I contact the embassy every week they have only one reply your case is still under AP . I really wish not to take a decision make me regret all my life 

Timeline
5 hours ago, LebanonUSA2018 said:

Today am Down , tired and sick I have been waiting for 5 months and 9 days after submitting my DS5535 and still no updates :( . I really need to play with my kids and do funny/ crazy things . My son will be 2 years next week and he don’t know me . My interview date was in my May 2017 My visa was approved in July after submitting all the missing documents but there was no visa number available at that time , after the new fiscal year started in October so visa numbers are available again available they have putted me in AP and asked me to submit DS5535 .The whole waiting  process till now is 10 months and half . I check my status at CEAC more than 10 times a day . My life has stopped just waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting 

Another heart melting case... the situation here is very hard since it is involving kids. its also tough on you as a father emotionally....i knowexactly how you feel i am in the same situation with two sad kids that dream daily that their father will surprise them at home, in school....And stay with them ever after....its the least right for them i know...But time is passing and its not happening yet..i pray every day that this nightmare come to an end soon.

I hope that the US officials will find a solution for cases that involve a dad/mom away from their kids, hopefully a faster process for the sake of protecting families from falling apart. I know the importance of the nuclear family in the states and i hope a solution will appear soon.

stay strong my friend you will be with your family soon and i pray for all the readers to get with their loved ones at the earliest.

Timeline
30 minutes ago, Ali-f said:

Another heart melting case... the situation here is very hard since it is involving kids. its also tough on you as a father emotionally....i knowexactly how you feel i am in the same situation with two sad kids that dream daily that their father will surprise them at home, in school....And stay with them ever after....its the least right for them i know...But time is passing and its not happening yet..i pray every day that this nightmare come to an end soon.

I hope that the US officials will find a solution for cases that involve a dad/mom away from their kids, hopefully a faster process for the sake of protecting families from falling apart. I know the importance of the nuclear family in the states and i hope a solution will appear soon.

stay strong my friend you will be with your family soon and i pray for all the readers to get with their loved ones at the earliest.

Am with you 100% you know what I didn’t sleep all night last night as you said time is passing and  kids today will not be kids tomorrow . that hurts a lot my daughter is 03 years and a half she don’t know anything about father tenderness not even my son . Do you think this will effect their life in the future ? when I call them a video call they don’t care about me they don’t even pay attention  .do you think it’s easy for them later to accept me in their life ? I have a lot of questions in my mind but always prefer to make myself busy and not to think in the worst 

So i sent the embassy a letter asking abt the status of my husband’s case. Since it was approved already n ready for stamp. I got a call today staying that its still under administration processing cuz he renewed his passport so when they put his passport number in the system it tells them to do administrative processing.. this is what the officer said n he said it will take few months n to just watch the website for update. Im so sad and depressed because we had everything planned but it feels like we r just stuck n there is no ending. 

I just have one question for everyone when u check the status does it say weeks or months?? Because before it said it can take up to weeks or months but it just says weeks n he updated it today. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
14 minutes ago, LebanonUSA2018 said:

Am with you 100% you know what I didn’t sleep all night last night as you said time is passing and  kids today will not be kids tomorrow . that hurts a lot my daughter is 03 years and a half she don’t know anything about father tenderness not even my son . Do you think this will effect their life in the future ? when I call them a video call they don’t care about me they don’t even pay attention  .do you think it’s easy for them later to accept me in their life ? I have a lot of questions in my mind but always prefer to make myself busy and not to think in the worst 

Same situation here, 14 months okd and does know his or what dad means. Only mom! It’s really though situation as a mom and handling everything asa dad not being around his family and as a child growing up without having both parents. I only hope a door open soon and all of our families come together soon. 

8 minutes ago, NLZZLN said:

So i sent the embassy a letter asking abt the status of my husband’s case. Since it was approved already n ready for stamp. I got a call today staying that its still under administration processing cuz he renewed his passport so when they put his passport number in the system it tells them to do administrative processing.. this is what the officer said n he said it will take few months n to just watch the website for update. Im so sad and depressed because we had everything planned but it feels like we r just stuck n there is no ending. 

I just have one question for everyone when u check the status does it say weeks or months?? Because before it said it can take up to weeks or months but it just says weeks n he updated it today. 

Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days.

This is what it says for me, which number did you call? I just check the status and nothing is changing

1 hour ago, NLZZLN said:

Oh my gosh... That explains a lot. I am on the same boat as you. I had no choice but to renew my passport as it was close to expiring while my case was under ap. After getting a new passport my case was placed under administrative processing once more :(. I don't mean to be the bearer of bad news, but I submitted my valid passport 7 months ago, and I'm still waiting. I really hope the delay is not as lengthy for you :(. 

My ceac says weeks too by the way. 

Edited by YoungPadawan

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.