MXcompadre

Form DS-5535 'SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS FOR VISA APPLICANTS'

3,894 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, YoungPadawan said:

It could be. Unfortunately there's no way to know for sure. When was your interview? And when were you given the Ds5535? 

I know a couple of people from the banned countries who got non-immigrant and immigrant visas after december 8

I think just because we do not see anyone writing in the forums that they are from the banned countries and they got the visa, we shouldn't assume no one is getting approval

Because most of the people once they get it they wont bother reading and writing in forums because the wait was not easy at all

9 hours ago, YoungPadawan said:

It could be. Unfortunately there's no way to know for sure. When was your interview? And when were you given the Ds5535? 

The interview was last year in jan 2017. So told the officer to hold the visa for one year. So in november we got ds5535 but they never recieved our email. So we sent it by mail on feb 4 so lets c maybe they will do something now n approve our case inshallah

1 hour ago, NLZZLN said:

The interview was last year in jan 2017. So told the officer to hold the visa for one year. So in november we got ds5535 but they never recieved our email. So we sent it by mail on feb 4 so lets c maybe they will do something now n approve our case inshallah

Oh wow, I'm sorry to hear that. Well,  getting ceac updates after submitting the form is definitely a good sign then. At least you know they've gotten it. And yes,  an update usually means that  somebody touched your file...  at least. But since you've said that you were already approved a year ago, I wouldn't worry too much if I were you. It could take a few weeks,  but your visa is on its way :).  Were you asked to submit a new medical exam along with your passport? 

2 minutes ago, Munazza said:

Lol.. you have given it with ds5535?? Since when you are in AP?? Category??

I didn't because they said to only give them the handle.

I've been in ap since late 2016. It took a year to finish, then apparently I fell into yet another round of ap, with the Ds5535 this time. 

14 minutes ago, YoungPadawan said:

I didn't because they said to only give them the handle.

I've been in ap since late 2016. It took a year to finish, then apparently I fell into yet another round of ap, with the Ds5535 this time. 

Handle?? Username?? You were in AP for what before ds5535??  Its gonna two years u mean to say in ap... omg 😔😔

10 hours ago, Munazza said:

I guess its not working well.. no update i could see

2 hours ago, MO&RA said:

Nothing yet :( 

Its okay guys the key is not to lose faith, it will happen and when it does you probably won't be reading this forum anymore :P. Please do! do not leave the rest of us

On the other hand, administrative processing is within the consulate/embassy they are the one to decide when to look at the case and make a decision. Some cases go to Washington for an opinion (security check) but the final decision is made at the embassy

You all made it this far, do not look back. It is very close now.

Last thing: do not feel shy to follow up as it is your right to. What I do is every 30 days I send an inquiry to the embassy. Depending on how your local embassy works phone/email/contact us page may be the best way to get in touch with them

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello All!

Good to see the group is growing.

i have already post about the stuff I am personally coming across.

a brief description is.

that my parents went through an Interview at Islamabad (Pakistan)

january the 3rd 2018. They kept their passports and were approved.

my father received DS5535 the next day and we submitted the form on 8th of jan.

My father got his visa on 29 th of January.

however My Mom is still pending even after 6 weeks.

she wasn't asked for any documents or Ds5535.

and still in process. The CEAC website was saying AP till 29th of January.

Now it say READY for Interview ( which to my understanding is a glitch in the system ) 

the web inquiry says still in AP.

my question is..

WHICH KIND OF AP IS THIS?

AND HOW LONG IT COULD TAKE?

Because my father VISA is going to expire in 3 and a half months time.

please help if you have come across and have heard about a situation like this...

MY FATHER GOT CLEARED FROM DS5535 in 3 weeks .

so don't worry about the form this wouldn't last for years as some of the members are worried about the time frame..

thanks for your time...

Hi Guys! Hope you are all doing well. I am in AP since 11.5 months. At the end of the interview Consular officer informed me everything was in good order. I am sending your case to department of state for further processing while she was giving me  DS5535 she also  said you will get your passport back with in two weeks. She kept the passport Afterwards i had 5 updates from them in which  3 with in two weeks from the interview. One in late august and one in late October . I got an update today. What you guys think? I am Mechatronics Engineer. My last name is Khan which they have an issue 🤨I been in United States back 2014. I traveled a lot and have very good travel history. When i was giving interview i got a chance to see my file  and noticed that there was written SAO? Security advisory opinion? I know my case is stuck for Washington clearance . My case wasn’t updated for a while today i had an update might be consulate department forward some information to the consular officer what you guys think ? Please share your experience 😊

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.