MXcompadre

Form DS-5535 'SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS FOR VISA APPLICANTS'

3,894 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Shazyyo said:

Such a distressing situation for all of us. When did you receive questionnaire? I received it on 8th November. Almost 1.5 month after interview. 

His interview was 8/28/2017 we received the questionnaire 3 days later, and submitted it on 9/6/2017. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi can you guys update your timelines or at least create a time line here on VJ

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/intro.php?cfl=

Here is the link above.

The important dates to input are your NOA 1, NOA 1 and interview date.

That will help other member better understand where you are in the process.

Also if they keep your passport that is normally a GOOD sign unless you tell them. Oh I need to keep my passport because I need to travel to other places soon.

Finally how long did it take your cases to go from ready (for interview) to Admin processing?

Our case stuck at READY for about 1 month and 2 days.

We are experiencing similar thing where if we email or call embassy then someone pulls up the case on the system and it updates CEAC for the date only.

Thanks

Steven

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sierra Leone
Timeline
11 hours ago, Shazyyo said:

No :( it's been 90 days since interview 

My fiancé interview was Thursday, August 24th and he received the form at the end of interview. He returned the form the Monday, August 28th. 118 days (including weekends and US holidays). 78 days(excluding weekends and US holidays) 

4 hours ago, Tarsha said:

My fiancé interview was Thursday, August 24th and he received the form at the end of interview. He returned the form the Monday, August 28th. 118 days (including weekends and US holidays). 78 days(excluding weekends and US holidays) 

Ohh.. Hopefully your fiance hear a good news soon. Some people are getting their visas on this forum and others like us are badly stuck in AP.. Waiting for miracles ot happen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 12/18/2017 at 9:57 PM, Shazyyo said:

Don't worrry InshaAllah date will change after few days and status too. Hope for the good. Mine was also not changing... I was so worried from september to november,. .... Status was also not AP...it was stuck on ready for interview.. But then it changed to AP and dates are also changing after that

They sent me email today. They explained that they sent it to different agencies and waiting for all results. Hope we all hear something soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sierra Leone
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Shazyyo said:

Ohh.. Hopefully your fiance hear a good news soon. Some people are getting their visas on this forum and others like us are badly stuck in AP.. Waiting for miracles ot happen

CO wrote on the form “could take up to 90 days”, but as you can see (unless we’re only counting business days), it’s taking longer. I hoping for a miracle at this point!!!! Will be the best Christmas/New Year ever 

4 hours ago, letitgo said:

They sent me email today. They explained that they sent it to different agencies and waiting for all results. Hope we all hear something soon.

Wow! Hopefully results will come soon. Did you send them inquiry? Its not an automatically generated reply, that's good that they personally replied you 

Timeline
6 hours ago, Shazyyo said:

Wow! Hopefully results will come soon. Did you send them inquiry? Its not an automatically generated reply, that's good that they personally replied you 

I’m not sure if that is generated answer or someone replied. But doesn’t make much difference. It’s all waiting game. Hope we all get the results soon

12 hours ago, letitgo said:

Hmmm. do you think they just send to USA different agencies or other countries too. i mean i was in UK came back after 4 years and i mentioned in USA case and Visa officer just asked me lot of questions related to my UK life and i even provieded my uk clear certificate to NVC. OFFICer put me in administrative process and its more then 1 and half month but nothing update yet. do you guys think if they can check with UK agencies too like immigration depart or police or some other in UK?

Timeline
9 hours ago, Ks Shahzad said:

Hmmm. do you think they just send to USA different agencies or other countries too. i mean i was in UK came back after 4 years and i mentioned in USA case and Visa officer just asked me lot of questions related to my UK life and i even provieded my uk clear certificate to NVC. OFFICer put me in administrative process and its more then 1 and half month but nothing update yet. do you guys think if they can check with UK agencies too like immigration depart or police or some other in UK?

I fond this link:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security_Advisory_Opinion

14 hours ago, Ks Shahzad said:

Same here been in UK provided police certificate of UK as well they kept my passport and police certificate they returned my police certificate last week with a letter that it's verified but didn't returned my passport

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.