MXcompadre

Form DS-5535 'SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS FOR VISA APPLICANTS'

3,894 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline
6 hours ago, Mia12392 said:

I just spoke to a representative from NVC regarding my case. The kind lady on the phone told me that the embassy where you had your interview reviews your documents that are under administrative process. Nothing comes back to the United States unless the embassy denied your case. She said the processing time is determined by your embassy. 

NVC must tell people anything 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mali
Timeline
55 minutes ago, Renee14 said:

NVC must tell people anything 

I agree with Renee :)  though NVC seems to be way nicer (I spoke to them in person in 2016) than DOS.

Excerpt from the email I received from Dakar embassy today: "Administrative processing is complex and can take up to 18 months to complete. It is done in Washington DC, not here in Dakar." We are not talking a NOIR, NOID but a 221g A.P. for forms plus this new DS-5535.

I wonder what SAO the new DS-5535 falls under, it should be called Visa Sloth or Visa Tortoise, or whatever is the slowest animal on the planet... :wacko:Thus far our "visa nightmare" is 1195 days today since we filed for CR-1 (now IR-1). With NVC advice to file OIG complaint after 6 months of refusing to accept documents, a NOIR (received on our 3rd wedding anniversary with a 6 am text message, classy), USCIS reaffirmation (18 days after filing NOIR response) and now back to up 18 month A.P.  Just peachy. :whistle: The good news is I just booked flight to see my hubby in December so I wont be a total mental case.

Well if anyone is really curious about how your IV case measures up, go up and down your case number on ceac and see if your embassy is treating you any better then another IV applicant on the same day. There is some method to their madness. Chances are if you are going through a difficult embassy your case is not processing any faster than anyone else.  

Good day 

my ds5535 experience 

intervew 06/11/2017

served 221g and ds5535 form to fill 

went into ap from 06 

updated 13 but still ap

Updated 14 to issued

b1/b2 visa

and if i count the working days it will be just 5 workind days as Friday, Saturday and Sunday was a weekend and a holiday 

Edited by Bh123

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Bh123 said:

Good day 

my ds5535 experience 

intervew 06/11/2017

went into ap from 06 

updated 13 but still ap

Updated 14 to issued

Hello

thanks for sharing and congrats! From which country? Did it take only few days?? Thanks 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I am in same situation too. After interview in Islamabad embassy officer said to me they will email me questionnaire list which i received by email today after 5 days of interview. i completed and send back to embassy now i am like other  in queue and waiting like other when my AP will complete and they will issue me visa. Need Support

Timeline
On 7/14/2017 at 5:32 PM, SaRy said:

Is she your wife or your fiancée (it says K1 under your avatar)? :) 

Anyway, why do you think they gave her that dreaded form? Has she traveled or studied abroad at some point in her life?

How long was the form (1 or 3 pages)?

And I think everyone who was given that form is put on hold (AP) for a very very long time...I have yet to hear about a DS-5535 case who got their visa.

I am in same situation too. After interview in Islamabad embassy officer said to me they will email me questionnaire list which i received by email today after 5 days of interview. i completed and send back to embassy now i am like other  in queue and waiting like other when my AP will complete and they will issue me visa. Need Support

Timeline

29 minutes ago, K Shahzad said:

Bro you should have patience because this process is extremely time consuming as today 90 days passed for my case and nothing happened expect some updates but u don't worry everyone here will get visa soon inshallah it's just a security check may be you'll get it soon every case is different from another.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
46 minutes ago, aadi0014 said:

Bro you should have patience because this process is extremely time consuming as today 90 days passed for my case and nothing happened expect some updates but u don't worry everyone here will get visa soon inshallah it's just a security check may be you'll get it soon every case is different from another.

Hey Aadi did you get any updates after October 19 without making an inquiry? 

Timeline
1 hour ago, K Shahzad said:

This may seem like hell but be patient and pray that you get your visa soon. Some of us have been waiting for months after submitting the DS5535 form. Inshallah everything happens fast. 

Timeline
On 7/14/2017 at 12:22 AM, Fedi said:

Hello all,

I am an American born citizen, my wife is Moroccan. On June 19th, 2017 my wife had a k-1 visa interview in Casa Blanca and they gave her form DS 5535 immediately after the interview, in person, along with an email address for her to email the completed form to. She filled it out and sent it 3 days later. We haven't heard anything from them, and, like the rest of you we are wondering how long this extra step in screening is going to take. If you have any information regarding the time frame please do let me know. It is much appreciated. 

P.S. Stay optimistic. I hope you will be with your loved ones soon.

Warm Regards,

Fadi

Hello Fedi, did you wife receive her visa? 

8 hours ago, Bh123 said:

Good day 

my ds5535 experience 

intervew 06/11/2017

went into ap from 06 

updated 13 but still ap

Updated 14 to issued

b1/b2 visa

and if i count the working days it will be just 5 workind days as Friday, Saturday and Sunday was a weekend and a holiday 

wow what a lucky day, congratulations!!!

Edited by NLZZLN

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.