MXcompadre

Form DS-5535 'SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS FOR VISA APPLICANTS'

3,894 posts in this topic

my husband was given this form n we filled it out n submitted it within one of recieving the email. our passport was sent back with green slip 221g n only AP was check marked. how long will it take? my husband was already approved then why no stamping now. we were told to send the passport with medical for stamping but returned our passport without stamping.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sierra Leone
Timeline
33 minutes ago, NLZZLN said:

my husband was given this form n we filled it out n submitted it within one of recieving the email. our passport was sent back with green slip 221g n only AP was check marked. how long will it take? my husband was already approved then why no stamping now. we were told to send the passport with medical for stamping but returned our passport without stamping.

I don’t know too much about the green slips, but has he ever visited the US before? If not, what country is he from? 

6 minutes ago, Tarsha said:

I don’t know too much about the green slips, but has he ever visited the US before? If not, what country is he from? 

no he has never visited the us and he is from pakistan. 

Timeline
Just now, NLZZLN said:

no he has never visited the us and he is from pakistan. 

Seems like a thorough security check because of his country/religion 

1 minute ago, Tarsha said:

Seems like a thorough security check because of his country/religion 

my case was already approved in january cuz i was pregnant so my husband asked to hold his visa for a year so the officer said to send the passport n medical for stamping. he even put empost sticker on it to send for stamping.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, NLZZLN said:

my case was already approved in january cuz i was pregnant so my husband asked to hold his visa for a year so the officer said to send the passport n medical for stamping. he even put empost sticker on it to send for stamping.

So, was it approved before submitting the ds-5535 or after you submitted the form ds-5535? I’m confused because you stated the told him to bring the passport and usually that happens when they are issuing the visa. If they didn’t put the visa in, y’all need to call the embassy and ask why he didn’t receive the visa to enter into the states. 

12 minutes ago, Tarsha said:

So, was it approved before submitting the ds-5535 or after you submitted the form ds-5535? I’m confused because you stated the told him to bring the passport and usually that happens when they are issuing the visa. If they didn’t put the visa in, y’all need to call the embassy and ask why he didn’t receive the visa to enter into the states. 

in january they were keeping his passport for stamping but we asked for hold of one year. so the officer said that they will hold his visa for one year n if my husband send the passport after june then he will need to submit new medical. before june he will need to send in only passport for stamping. so after my delivery this month we decided to send the passport with the medical but they returned the passport with the medical n with green slip 221g only AP check marked on it. Also the same day they recieve my husband's passport the returned it the same day n sentds 5535 form as well which i submitted it within one hr. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline
59 minutes ago, NLZZLN said:

in january they were keeping his passport for stamping but we asked for hold of one year. so the officer said that they will hold his visa for one year n if my husband send the passport after june then he will need to submit new medical. before june he will need to send in only passport for stamping. so after my delivery this month we decided to send the passport with the medical but they returned the passport with the medical n with green slip 221g only AP check marked on it. Also the same day they recieve my husband's passport the returned it the same day n sentds 5535 form as well which i submitted it within one hr. 

It sounds like you were approved but since the visa was on hold and a new vetting has come into affect during your hold period now they want you to complete the 5535. I would complete it and have my Congress person follow up on that situation.

8 minutes ago, Renee14 said:

It sounds like you were approved but since the visa was on hold and a new vetting has come into affect during your hold period now they want you to complete the 5535. I would complete it and have my Congress person follow up on that situation.

one quick questions whoever got the email for 5535 did they write it as urgent? cuz in my email it was written urgent in the subject line. 

this is the email i got

Edited by NLZZLN

In order to complete the processing for your U.S. visa, please complete the questionnaire following the steps below:

1.      Hit reply to this email

2.      Fill in the questionnaire with appropriate responses

3.      Hit the send button when form is completely filled up

4.      Do not/not print the form and scan it into another email

5.      Do not send the form in any other format like pdf, jpg or ……

If you fail to submit the below questionnaire properly, your email will be deleted and your administrative processing will be subject to further delay.

Your application cannot be finalized until you have submitted this questionnaire.  You may continue to check the status of your case online at:

Timeline
3 minutes ago, NLZZLN said:

In order to complete the processing for your U.S. visa, please complete the questionnaire following the steps below:

If you fail to submit the below questionnaire properly, your email will be deleted and your administrative processing will be subject to further delay.

Your application cannot be finalized until you have submitted this questionnaire.  You may continue to check the status of your case online at:

I followed those instructions exactly how its written. Don't remember the subject whether it was urgent. Only hit reply button like in the instructions. Filled it and sent it

Timeline
4 minutes ago, NLZZLN said:

Just return the form asap. The sooner you get it in the better because the processing isn't quick

1 minute ago, Renee14 said:

I followed those instructions exactly how its written. Don't remember the subject whether it was urgent. Only hit reply button like in the instructions. Filled it and sent it

Just now, Renee14 said:

Just return the form asap. The sooner you get it in the better because the processing isn't quick

i emailed them back within 2 hrs with the form completed. so my email was sent as urgent does that means my husband will get his visa soon? for how long r u waiting for?  n which country embassy ??? im in UAE abu dhabi embassy

one more thing they returned my husband's medical as well why did they do that?? its really confusing cuz the same day the returned the passport with the medical. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.