MXcompadre

Form DS-5535 'SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS FOR VISA APPLICANTS'

3,894 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, cjelie said:

Sharing some good news!  My fiance's visa was finally issued after 11.5 months in AP with DS-5535.  Now waiting to receive his passport from the embassy and book tickets to the US! Hang in there --- it still feels like a dream!

Congratulations, Waw what a start of 2019. Very positive news and vibes.
Did they require a new Medical, New appointment, and photos, or passport just sent for the visa?

8 minutes ago, Caseinquiry said:

Congratulations, Waw what a start of 2019. Very positive news and vibes.
Did they require a new Medical, New appointment, and photos, or passport just sent for the visa?

New medical, photos, updated translated family documentation (country requirement) and passport.

36 minutes ago, cjelie said:

New medical, photos, updated translated family documentation (country requirement) and passport.

Thats great... congratsss.. Is your fiance from Pakistan? Can you tell me after how many days embassy issued your visa? I mean how much time they took to issue visa after he submitted his medical and photos.

8 minutes ago, Shazyyo said:

Thats great... congratsss.. Is your fiance from Pakistan? Can you tell me after how many days embassy issued your visa? I mean how much time they took to issue visa after he submitted his medical and photos.

He is from Lebanon.  Issued 5 business days after receipt of updated materials.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
10 hours ago, cjelie said:

Sharing some good news!  My fiance's visa was finally issued after 11.5 months in AP with DS-5535.  Now waiting to receive his passport from the embassy and book tickets to the US! Hang in there --- it still feels like a dream!

Congratulations!!! This gives me hope!! Best wishes to you and your fiancé! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sudan
Timeline

I just wanna thank those who come to share their good news and spread some joy and hope!! Stay blessed y'all 🙏

13 months of stupid AP and counting. 

Let's pray for each other please. . .

Filed: Other Timeline
On 1/28/2019 at 12:03 PM, cjelie said:

CONGRATSS!!!! I was hoping I'd hear good news from your case. That is so awesome!!!

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days & AOS w/EAD and AP: 180 days

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

08/20/21: Filed ROC

08/23/21: USCIS received package

08/25/21: Text received/Case # assigned

08/26/22: Case transferred to NBC for "speedy processing"

Citizenship:

08/22/22: Filed N-400 online

08/22/22: NOA1/Biometrics Reused                                                                                                           

My Russian fiancee and I (I am an American citizen) had an interview at the US Embassy in Moscow in September of 2018, in order to receive a K1 visa and K2 visa for her daughter. The consular officer verbally approved our case and told us to expect the visa within 2 weeks. The very next day we received a request to submit form DS 5535. After learning the purpose of DS 5535, I was utterly  confused as to why we would be asked to provide this information in the first place. My fiancee does make up and hair in a fairly small town in Russia, and there is nothing in her personal life or in her social media history that would suggest that she should be a concern to US national security whatsoever.  Nonetheless, We submitted everything through our lawyer within four days.

Over four months later we have had no change in our status. The case is shown as being in Administrative Processing, and we cannot get any information whatsoever. I have contacted my state Senator and Congressman and so far neither have been able to find out anything. My fiancee and I have a son who was born last April in Russia. We applied for and received and American passport for him. We gave this information to the consular officer at the interview.

We do not know what else to do. My attorney has made several inquiries with the embassy, some of which have not even received a response. We are desperate to have our family reunited. Do you have any suggestions or recommendations? Thanks very much for your advice.

Edited by abrahamlayman

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mali
Timeline
12 minutes ago, abrahamlayman said:

My Russian fiancee and I (I am an American citizen) had an interview at the US Embassy in Moscow in September of 2018, in order to receive a K1 visa and K2 visa for her daughter. The consular officer verbally approved our case and told us to expect the visa within 2 weeks. The very next day we received a request to submit form DS 5535. After learning the purpose of DS 5535, I was utterly  confused as to why we would be asked to provide this information in the first place. My fiancee does make up and hair in a fairly small town in Russia, and there is nothing in her personal life or in her social media history that would suggest that she should be a concern to US national security whatsoever.  Nonetheless, We submitted everything through our lawyer within four days.

Over four months later we have had no change in our status. The case is shown as being in Administrative Processing, and we cannot get any information whatsoever. I have contacted my state Senator and Congressman and so far neither have been able to find out anything. My fiancee and I have a son who was born last April in Russia. We applied for and received and American passport for him. We gave this information to the consular officer at the interview.

We do not know what else to do. My attorney has made several inquiries with the embassy, some of which have not even received a response. We are desperate to have our family reunited. Do you have any suggestions or recommendations? Thanks very much for your advice.

The only suggestion be patient and wait.  My spouse is an international musician, been to US over dozen of times before we met on tour. After we met, tourist (honeymoon visa) denied and almost 5 years wait. In the meantime, we traveled Dubai to Azores and many placed between including our honeymoon in Paris after a marriage in Mali.  Granted my husband being black living in Africa and Muslim may've triggered something but lets be serious, all those US entries with 0 overstays, all over Europe, Australia, even being granted Israel visa to play shows there there were no reason for security concern, he was vetted in dozens of countries including US. He was finally issued his visa mid month. The wait since his last interview was 14 months. I booked my travel to his country in November few weeks before we got embassy notice "your visa is ready". It was surreal. I went to Africa in Dec, we scheduled his interview (embassy is in Senegal, another country) for January, he just got his visa but can't come just yet because he has a music tour starting in Lithuania in Feb. So we are hoping April he will come home. (If you or your fiancee are anywhere close to Lithuania, I hope you can see the band where my husband plays).

I am a USC of many decades, originally a child from Poland, immigrated legally while the country was communist.  Me and my husband are self supporting. Depending where your fiancee lives (close to which former republic) perhaps her surname matched someone on one of the watch lists. Your attorney, senators and congresspersons will be of no help as they were no help to us.   One thing I did was to file a complaint with OIG (Office of Inspector General) which I would not recommend in your case. We had good reason to do so, but while we received response in a month (refused) it was sent back to US in a month, with nine month wait to have documents looked at to be sent back to the embassy where we had this 14 month wait before being issued.  Be happy for your fiancee, your son, spend your time together as you can, online or in person. It may take one more year but your visa will come!  All the best to you.

1 hour ago, Munazza said:

Hey.. Any update on your case?? Did your father submit the medical too? 

No my father's medical isn't ready yet. Yes I submitted my medical and today i checked my status.. it says 'issued' Alhamdullilah. Now waiting for the next move. When will I receive my passport with visa? Can you tell me your experience 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.