MXcompadre

Form DS-5535 'SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS FOR VISA APPLICANTS'

3,894 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Rosepetal3333 said:

I saw on facebook group people are waiting one year plus. 😪 

Yes I've seen it too.   It seems it is taking longer than it did last year.

7 hours ago, paki-guy said:

If your Dad is the principle applicant. Then you need to wait 2 months until his medical is clear and ready, they will not  give you visa before the principle applicant get visa. So there is no advantage in submitting your medical now. I advice you to wait 2 months and submit your medical with Dad's medical if he is the principle applicant.

I wish they issue my visa.. i submitted my medical today with visa photos. American express and medical center advised me to send my documents to embassy as my father's medical is delayed so may be embassy will prefer to issue my visa. I have been waiting for so long... i really want to meet my mom.plz pray they issue my visa ... 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mali
Timeline

Just a short update. My husband received his IR visa today from Dakar embassy. We were in AP with DS5535 from August 2017 through November 2018, so 14-15 months.  We were contacted in November that "visa is ready" and told to redo medicals, new tax forms, AOS and DS260 online and schedule appointment through the consular visa website, could not do it in December as I had vacation book to Mali over Christmas time. We filed August 2014, right after our marriage, I am a USC, and it still took 4.5 years.

But it's almost over. My husband is travelling home now (2 days by road) and next week has to interview at one of the European embassies for his work visa to Europe where he is booked for tour in February and March. Thankfully that is only a 30 minute :)  So I will see him in April, just in time for spring. 

I hope no one has to go through what we did. Stay strong and your day will come soon, so everyone here be soon reunited with their loved ones. Today was our day to celebrate. I will write again when he arrives.

8 hours ago, Munazza said:

Okay. Let's see. First off, you must be sure who's the principal applicant. When you make the account don't converge it into the first one you made. Make a new one, just for your dad. And upload documents there. Be sure to keep checking you dad's e-mail because there'd be some confirmation mails there. 

You have to make the account here https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/SiteRegister?country=Pakistan&language=en_US

Thanks a lot munazza. Yes I called helpline yesterday. They asked me to make a new ID for myself and then I added my details into that account and generated a transaction form. Today I submitted by medical and visa photos. Alhamdullilah. Now my father's account is different. It has his details but his transaction form is not being generated. There is some problem. Anyway, i will go home and will.call helpline again to settle down this matter. So that when my father's medical is ready, he will be able to send that easily via american express. Plz munazza pray for my visa.. some people saying that may be embassy wont give me visa as i m not the principal applicant. I dont know who is the principal applicant and embassy never notified me of that.. they usually send me emails.. and do correspondence with me. I dont wanna wait more I want to see my mom asap. But phir b Allah ko jo manzoor whi hoga.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
10 minutes ago, 99balloons said:

Just a short update. My husband received his IR visa today from Dakar embassy. We were in AP with DS5535 from August 2017 through November 2018, so 14-15 months.  We were contacted in November that "visa is ready" and told to redo medicals, new tax forms, AOS and DS260 online and schedule appointment through the consular visa website, could not do it in December as I had vacation book to Mali over Christmas time. We filed August 2014, right after our marriage, I am a USC, and it still took 4.5 years.

But it's almost over. My husband is travelling home now (2 days by road) and next week has to interview at one of the European embassies for his work visa to Europe where he is booked for tour in February and March. Thankfully that is only a 30 minute :)  So I will see him in April, just in time for spring. 

I hope no one has to go through what we did. Stay strong and your day will come soon, so everyone here be soon reunited with their loved ones. Today was our day to celebrate. I will write again when he arrives.

Congratulations. I needed some good news. I’m so happy for both of you. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
23 hours ago, JennaL said:

He should be able to call or email the embassy requesting his passport back and they will let him know how they will get it to him. Don’t worry, it won’t cause any additional delay in processing your case. 

Thank you so soo much. Best of luck to you.

12 minutes ago, 99balloons said:

Congratulationsss... may you and your husband be blessed always. Its a great news. Plz pray for us as well.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Shazyyo said:

Congratulationsss... may you and your husband be blessed always. Its a great news. Plz pray for us as well.

Of course Shazyyo, I will pray for you. I will ask my husband to pray for you and everyone here. Thank you for your blessing and kind words. I wish the same to you and your family, all the best,  and I hope very soon I open my email and see your own good news :)  

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Le212 said:

Congratulations. I needed some good news. I’m so happy for both of you. 

Thank you.  Morocco is not too far from Mali so I hope your own good news comes very soon. Much love to you and your family. 

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline
27 minutes ago, 99balloons said:

Congrats !!! 

1 hour ago, 99balloons said:

Of course Shazyyo, I will pray for you. I will ask my husband to pray for you and everyone here. Thank you for your blessing and kind words. I wish the same to you and your family, all the best,  and I hope very soon I open my email and see your own good news :)  

Thanks a lot. So sweet of you. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, Rosepetal3333 said:

How should I file my taxes this year? Im still waiting for my husband's visa. Hes not a US resident yet. Do I file my taxes as single? How are u all filing?

MFS

7 hours ago, 99balloons said:

Congrats to you and your husband. Enjoy!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.